Thread: Talk with headsets???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Talk with headsets???

I know it would probably be a little difficult, but I think it would be cool to actually chat. Now not everywhere just during the runs and in your guild hall. It probably wouldnt be to hard because most of the devices its played on have mics or are phones. Anyone have any thoughts good or bad let me hear please.

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

This has been suggested many a times before . I don't mind typing at all, I suppose it would help all those slow typers a lot though!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Well only thing what makes it more complicated is android(or not).
    I used to play on my iPhone one aircraft multiplayer game which had included voice chat. So least on iOS it is possible to do that system but not sure about android.

Also I can only imagine abuse of that system, and because of abuse sts should record all voice chats to check reports related to voice chat. And amount of daily voice chats with current player amount would be huge. Also data traffic would become higher and it would raise players ping.

As better idea is set up teamspeak/ventrillo server for guild and use it via computer to voice chat with friends.
    Pocket legends: Eagle (Endgame Bird), Magic (endgame mage), Getnuked (voodoo mage)
    Star legends: Eng (Engineer), Rapid (operative)
    Dark legends: Sucker (vampire queen)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My bad didn't know it had been suggested I searched an could find anything about it

Tournament & Ladder Leader Silentarrow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by antonium View Post
    My bad didn't know it had been suggested I searched an could find anything about it
    No problem!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It'd use a lot of bandwidth. It would have to be a wifi only service.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

As said here already, bandwidth constraints and not being able to monitor what is said in an efficient way (no mute filter on spoken words), make this something we'll probably never see. Personally, I'm all for it though, but I'm not keeping my hopes up for it to ever be implemented

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I use ventrillo all the time on both the PC and Droid, works great. Not having to text makes gaming so much easier. Ventriloid for all those who want to use it on your Android phone.
    Grimtigrex - "I like people who take time out of there life to help other people. Thank you!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

hmmm.... wat about the ppl at Baleforts that want to sell something so now they will just sceam in to the headset...? O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cytokinesis View Post
    hmmm.... wat about the ppl at Baleforts that want to sell something so now they will just sceam in to the headset...? O.o
    LMAO! that would be a thing to listen at. I already get a headache by just seeing the spam over there, imagine if you actually had to listen to all that

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I agree with this idea as it would make it easier to talk then to write in many games there is teamspeak so we would just need a private server for those who want to use it.....

SupaProdigy level 32 operative SpaceReaper level 12 .Beastrocity lvl 63
    Supaprodigy level 56 bird Toquickforu level 60 Paladin! Top Shot Mafia. Empty-Space

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SUPAPRODIGY View Post
    I agree with this idea as it would make it easier to talk then to write in many games there is teamspeak so we would just need a private server for those who want to use it.....
    wat about this?!?! V

Quote Originally Posted by Cytokinesis View Post

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

That's the beauty of Teamspeak or Vent, the admin gives out the server info to include a password, and they can always kick that player from that channel or server. Implementing something like this in game will just result in the whole xbox live voip issue where you hear all kinds of crazy chatting. Keeping it to a third party software allows more controls to be applied. I would only recommend using voip software if you have wifi, due to the extra network traffic.
    Last edited by Orcish; 09-28-2011 at 10:07 PM.
    Grimtigrex - "I like people who take time out of there life to help other people. Thank you!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I didn't mean in towns just runs talk with other four players and in the guild hall

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

It'd be kinda cool, but hard to control. And honestly, half the time I am playing I am in a room with other people, I am sure they wouldn't like it if I was talking stupid stuff in to my phone while I am ignoring them, too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ixillicus View Post
    It'd be kinda cool, but hard to control. And honestly, half the time I am playing I am in a room with other people, I am sure they wouldn't like it if I was talking stupid stuff in to my phone while I am ignoring them, too.
    Right!! Lol

MimeRifle-Comm/40 | Radaroreilly-Eng/40
    "We don't stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing." G.B. Shaw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

I'm all for this. I doubt it'll get implemented but I would love to see it. And if it's the filtering they're worried about then look at it this way: As soon as you plug that mic into, you agree to anything that's said. You shouldn't be trying to talk to people if you can't handle what is said. And a lot of people who play PL are grown men and women. It's not like you've never heard it before; STS can filter what they wish in text but there's an agreement that comes when you plug that mic in.
    Neffyy

Existence owner and founder.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neffy View Post
    I'm all for this. I doubt it'll get implemented but I would love to see it. And if it's the filtering they're worried about then look at it this way: As soon as you plug that mic into, you agree to anything that's said. You shouldn't be trying to talk to people if you can't handle what is said. And a lot of people who play PL are grown men and women. It's not like you've never heard it before; STS can filter what they wish in text but there's an agreement that comes when you plug that mic in.
    When you register your game account you also agree anything on their TOS. Wondering why ppl still get banned/muted in game. By making agree something written on paper, doesn't make all behave as should to. So following of this system is hard, and i doubt they would want to record all voice chats every day just because someone breaks rules and they can check it.
    Pocket legends: Eagle (Endgame Bird), Magic (endgame mage), Getnuked (voodoo mage)
    Star legends: Eng (Engineer), Rapid (operative)
    Dark legends: Sucker (vampire queen)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfader View Post
    When you register your game account you also agree anything on their TOS. Wondering why ppl still get banned/muted in game. By making agree something written on paper, doesn't make all behave as should to. So following of this system is hard, and i doubt they would want to record all voice chats every day just because someone breaks rules and they can check it.
    I get what you're saying. Fair enough, it does in fact interfere with their TOS.
    Neffyy

Existence owner and founder.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Check this out for guilds. I HOPE nobody (and devs) don't mind me posting this here. If it's breaking the rules then I'll remove the link, I promise!

www.shivtr.com

They offer different services for guilds and one of them is voice chat! A bit of a work around if you're running a guild. Again, I apologize if this is not allowed.
    PL - Navygreen
    AL - Viicks (me), Littlesis (my sis)