Thread: Tradeable Plat Packs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

Default Tradeable Plat Packs

I just had this idea. Sts has already allowed the best gear in the game to be bought with plat and tradeable, why not just do it with plat in general. Some people on this game are strictly free to play, but have a lot of in game wealth. By doing this they will be able to buy some of their most wanted plat items that they could never get previously. For example, I myself made an account that I've purposely not bought any plat nor done free plat offers just to challenge myself how far I can get with only free to play, but I can't even use any emotes since they cost plat. If you guys even made tradeable 5 plat packs then I would be able to buy some from others to use the emotes.
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I think PL needs tradable plat purchased elixirs, just like AL
    ¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ 6FLAIR9 `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
    `'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸ ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´
    Shlt, you discovered my secret

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

That doesn't make sense at all. If the motive is to benefit free to play players, then only plat bought items that have an effect on the player's performance (stats) should be trade-able. This makes sure that pay to win players don't get all the advantage but do control the monopoly over certain items, which is more appropriate since pay to win players should expect an actual advantage because they are paying. Other plat bought things like emotes and vanities don't enhance the player's ability and should be available to buy with platinum only. Essentially what I'm saying is that things that make the player better like items and elixirs should be trade-able and things that make the game play experience better should be plat based.
    Last edited by Bazinga!; 12-10-2016 at 08:41 AM. Reason: speleeng mistayke

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bazinga! View Post
    That doesn't make sense at all. If the motive is to benefit free to play players, then only plat bought items that have an effect on the player's performance (stats) should be trade-able. This makes sure that pay to win players don't get all the advantage but do control the monopoly over certain items, which is more appropriate since pay to win players should expect an actual advantage because they are paying. Other plat bought things like emotes and vanities don't enhance the player's ability and should be available to buy with platinum only. Essentially what I'm saying is that things that make the player better like items and elixirs should be trade-able and things that make the game play experience better should be plat based.
    I don't think being a pay to win player should give you an "actual advantage", you should just be able to obtain gear quicker than those who'd rather be free to play.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    I don't think being a pay to win player should give you an "actual advantage", you should just be able to obtain gear quicker than those who'd rather be free to play.
    Advantage doesn't mean PvP wise. That would just go against my whole post. Getting items quicker or more easily is considered an actual advantage as well. But why won't players who pay get an advantage? They're paying for the sole purpose of getting an advantage over the others in some way or the other, whether it's access to elixirs and dungeons or getting items quicker.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Advantage doesn't mean PvP wise. That would just go against my whole post. Getting items quicker or more easily is considered an actual advantage as well. But why won't players who pay get an advantage? They're paying for the sole purpose of getting an advantage over the others in some way or the other, whether it's access to elixirs and dungeons or getting items quicker.
    I'm not disagreeing with you, I just think that STS in particular has always attempted to level the playing field even for those who refuse to be a pay-to-win player, thus the only advantage is obtaining gear quicker. That's all I'm really saying, that's how I've always felt it was throughout PL's history. I've never spent much (other than leveling) and have never had an issue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Amen
    /11/11

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

I'm not disagreeing with you, I just think that STS in particular has always attempted to level the playing field even for those who refuse to be a pay-to-win player, thus the only advantage is obtaining gear quicker. That's all I'm really saying, that's how I've always felt it was throughout PL's history. I've never spent much (other than leveling) and have never had an issue.
    Maybe the word 'actual' advantage has raised a few questions about what I meant. What I meant to say was that players who pay should get something that benefits them for paying. It's more or less like a membership if you ask me. When you decide to become a member of a club, you do so because you get extra things out of the membership.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Maybe the word 'actual' advantage has raised a few questions about what I meant. What I meant to say was that players who pay should get something that benefits them for paying. It's more or less like a membership if you ask me. When you decide to become a member of a club, you do so because you get extra things out of the membership.
    Right, that being the fact that players obtain the items/gear quicker. What other actual advantage do you mean? I'm just looking for a specific example.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

I'm not trying to disagree with you. I'm just trying to say that getting items quicker is the actual advantage...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

The emotes should definitely be free

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk