Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: My Call of Champions 2017 Resolution List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Default My Call of Champions 2017 Resolution List

I've done a CoC suggestion thread in the past as to what I thought would be great for CoC to do, but since then I've matured and put thought into the things I would personally like to be seen/done in this upcoming new year! I will be somewhat thorough in this thread.

Agenda: Champions
    1. New Champions. (of course)

2. New Skins.

3.Champion nerfs, buffs, and bug fixes. (This is discussed in the Call of Champions Band Group)

4. Champion statistics. (Showing how much health, dmg, dps, armor, movement speed, etc. for each champion)

5. Champion Voices. (This has been added to cinder and seraphina so far. It would be great to hear our champs speak during combat, rather than just listening to the music for 5 minutes)

6. Shows champion with skin when showing our opponents before the 5 minute game starts. (Ex. We wait in queue and then the game starts. The screen before we are in the arena should show our champ with the skin if we have one)

Agenda: Game Modes
    1. 1v1. (This has been added to the game in practice mode, but why not versus? In addition there are still two lanes, when I personally think it should only be one. Lose one of the lanes, but keep one powerup and the team powerup area.)

2. 2v2. (Again add to versus, but both lanes in this one is good)

3. Team Deathmatch. ( 5min game. First team to 10 kills wins. No orbs or towers in this mode, just killing! If tied, the team with the most champ dmg wins)

4. Capture the Orb. (5 min game. No towers. One lane. The team who keeps the orb in the opponents base the longest within the 5 mins wins. If tied, the team with the most kills win)

5. Solo Rank queue needs a timer. (This is a must, many people who play solo rank and who refuses to play with the team given to them shuffles through champions, holding the queue in place, until someone else disbands the game for them. This tactic has been used by a lot of solo rank players, excluding me, and it is very selfish towards other players)

Agenda: Seasons
    1. The game should have seasons. (Just like arcane legends)

2. Each season the solo rank and team rank leaderboards reset.

3. Each season, the top 5 solo rank players receive a custom gold badge. Top 10 receives a custom silver badge, and top 20 receives custom bronze badge)

4. Each Season, the #1 team rank team receives gold badge, #2 team receives silver, and #3 receives bronze.

Agenda: Chests
    1. Add chests to the game. (We get chests through quests, versus and rank matches, purchase of gold, and purchase with platinum)

2. Bronze, Silver, and Gold Chests.

3. Bronze Chest- Acquired by quests and random off wins in versus or ranked. (This chest provides 2 of the following rewards: A high chance of 10k-20k gold, a medium chance of 1-3 platinum and a free talent respec scroll, a 35% chance of a new badge, and a 5-10% chance of a new skin)

4. Silver Chest- Acquired by Quests and purchased in store for 15k or 20k gold. (This chest provides 3 of the following rewards: A high chance of 15k-25k gold, free talent respec scroll, and 2-4platinum, medium chance of 26k-35k gold, 5-6 platinum, and a new badge, and a 15%-20% chance of new skin)

5. Gold Chests- Acquired for 10 or 15 platinum in store. (This chest provides 4 of the following rewards: A high chance of 30k-45k gold, free talent respec scroll, a new badge, and 3-7 platinum, a medium chance of 46k-55k gold and 8-10 platinum, a 25%-30% chance of a new skin, and 10%-15% chance of a new champion)

Agenda: Other
    1. Add achievement gold rewards.

2. New and unique badges.

3. Redesign map for seasonal/holiday times. (Ex. Winter, Halloween, summer, etc.)

4. A in game store. (For chests, skins, and champions)

5. Tournaments.

6. Redesign Call of Champions Main menu screen. (For more appeal)

7. 2 or 3 free champs a day. (So new players won't get bored with the three champs they start off with)

8. Replace pings with Global and team chat in game. (This honestly would be a huge improvement while playing versus or ranked. Rather than making out what a teammate is trying to say with pings, chatting would be more effective)

9. Afk Punishment system. (Though this rarely happens when I play alongside teammates, I see people in global chat complain that it happens to them. People going afk in game should face some sort of consequence, such as being unable to play versus or ranked for hours after a certain number of reports towards them. They would only be able to play practice until their punishment is over)

This is my 2017 Resolution list for this game. I had so many ideas for this game and just had to share it! If you guys have any questions, comments, or would like to add your own ideas, dont hesitate to post down below.
    -Raww#1149

😎😎
    Last edited by Raww; 01-03-2017 at 03:01 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raww For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Yes I agree, any game that calls itself "competitive" NEEDS stats listed for all champions and skills.

2. I think voice lines should be kept at a minimum. I don't want voice lines to lag the game with additional scripts or increase the games file size.

3 if 1v1 and 2v2 become modes then they need a unique one lane map.

4. Capture the Flag is a good idea for a mode, but i'd prefer if it worked like CTF in AL.

5. There should be a King of the Hill mode where teams fight to get the most points by staying in the center of the map.

6. Definitely need some champion nerfs and buffs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Legallyblonde View Post
    Yes I agree, any game that calls itself "competitive" NEEDS stats listed for all champions and skills.

2. I think voice lines should be kept at a minimum. I don't want voice lines to lag the game with additional scripts or increase the games file size.

3 if 1v1 and 2v2 become modes then they need a unique one lane map.

4. Capture the Flag is a good idea for a mode, but i'd prefer if it worked like CTF in AL.

5. There should be a King of the Hill mode where teams fight to get the most points by staying in the center of the map.

6. Definitely need some champion nerfs and buffs.
    I was stagnant with whether a single or double lane would be better for 2v2. Single lane seems better though I agree.

I didn't do a regular CTF bc I wanted to keep their concept of pushing an orb into the game mode, instead of adding flags to it.

King of the hill sounds nice too

😎😎

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Wooow man...you do great joob
    ...you see sts team!you have everything just make it
    Thank you man

6.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #5
    Spacetime Studios Dev VROOMIGoRealFast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Because I love that you guys are giving so much thought and feedback regarding CoC, I've given some dev-related responses to things below!

Quote Originally Posted by Raww View Post
    3. Champion nerfs, buffs, and bug fixes. (This is discussed in the Call of Champions Band Group) Moving this discussion to the forums where devs can see it would be nice
    These happen as needed and as tested, all feedback related to these is helpful! Just remember that if the Band Group all agrees on a Champion needing something, that is still not the entirety of the playerbase and there may be reasons suggested changes don't happen as you all think they should!
    5. Champion Voices. (This has been added to cinder and seraphina so far. It would be great to hear our champs speak during combat, rather than just listening to the music for 5 minutes)
    These are cool but can get overwhelming if every ability someone is screaming out in game. Probably will be saved for skin exclusives.
    6. Shows champion with skin when showing our opponents before the 5 minute game starts. (Ex. We wait in queue and then the game starts. The screen before we are in the arena should show our champ with the skin if we have one)
    Understandable as to why you want this, but we do want to preserve Call of Champions as being a game you don't have to wait too long to play. Something like this adds more time to each game you have to play while you wait for this display. Not saying it won't happen, just letting you in on our perspective.

We think what's been added to practice is enough. One thing we want to be careful of is segregating the community too much amongst various game modes. You can have fun and 1v1 if you choose, but the main game of Call of Champions is the 3v3 and we want to preserve that. On this subject though, adjustments to the map to help the gameplay are within the realm of possibility.
    5. Solo Rank queue needs a timer. (This is a must, many people who play solo rank and who refuses to play with the team given to them shuffles through champions, holding the queue in place, until someone else disbands the game for them. This tactic has been used by a lot of solo rank players, excluding me, and it is very selfish towards other players)
    We're aware of issues that devalue Ranked Play. No timeframe on anything related to updates/changes, but we are aware.

I agree.
    On season reset we would decide what things should be reset (probably more than just the ranks)
    3. Each season, the top 5 solo rank players receive a custom gold badge. Top 10 receives a custom silver badge, and top 20 receives custom bronze badge)
    We would give some rewards for accomplishments at season's end, though probably less similar to Arcane Legends style of reward the top # players and more similar to rewarding everyone rank # or above

1. Add chests to the game. (We get chests through quests, versus and rank matches, purchase of gold, and purchase with platinum)
    CoC could benefit from chests, but they could not be released until the chest have a proper amount of contents in order to be exciting (gold inflation is already a problem, we wouldn't want to make it worse)

Gold inflation is already a problem, giving out more gold isn't necessarily what we want to do
    More badges are always nice!
    3. Redesign map for seasonal/holiday times. (Ex. Winter, Halloween, summer, etc.)
    While cool, this is a lower priority for us because it only gives a nice addition during a specific event. We would first want to work on things that improve the game forever
    If you mean buying things during a match, that's not a good idea. We don't want to add things that take players away from gameplay, especially if the actions aren't related to the match. "MODUS WHAT ARE YOU DOING!? HELP THE TOWER!!" "Dude I'm deciding between the Cinder skin or Seraphina skin."
    Feedback here on what players don't find appealing would be helpful.
    7. 2 or 3 free champs a day. (So new players won't get bored with the three champs they start off with)
    As we add more Champions something like this will be more likely to happen
    8. Replace pings with Global and team chat in game. (This honestly would be a huge improvement while playing versus or ranked. Rather than making out what a teammate is trying to say with pings, chatting would be more effective)
    While this may sound nice, attempting to type on mobile will greatly slow down your gameplay and ability to adapt/react to situations. Also Global Chat in game is not useful for anyone, it's only a means of being toxic! Any feedback on the ping system and what you're trying to communicate will allow us to make adjustments though.
    9. Afk Punishment system. (Though this rarely happens when I play alongside teammates, I see people in global chat complain that it happens to them. People going afk in game should face some sort of consequence, such as being unable to play versus or ranked for hours after a certain number of reports towards them. They would only be able to play practice until their punishment is over)
    We do have some punishments in place, but being a mobile game we do have an increased leniency of whether you purposely left or had connection issues.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VROOMIGoRealFast For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

Vroom, you talk alot about gold inflation. How does a game where you have no market suffer from inflation? I am not very educated on the subject of game economies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    Because I love that you guys are giving so much thought and feedback regarding CoC, I've given some dev-related responses to things below!
    I really appreciate you and sts for responding to this post. I just have a few comments on your post (for clarification and my in game experience. No beef lol):

1. My in game store idea was not meaning during a match, but with the main menu screen. It mainly goes with my idea of redesigning the main screen.

2. For the game mode, I understand 3v3 is your priority and main focus of the game, but many people, including myself, feels it to be sometimes too repetitive, thus resulting in getting bored after sometime. Adding new game modes could boost the Coc communities enthusiasm to play more, thus boosting the games popularity. Just like how arcane legends is popular not only for farming maps, but playing pvp, and seasonal events. I tried suggesting game modes that wouldn't strive too far from the original concepts of towers, orbs, and bases.

3. I still think redesigning the map would be great for popularity and would be swag!👏👏

4. The solo rank timer is a necessity. It infuriates plenty people including me.

😎😎

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Raww For This Useful Post:

11.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #8
    Spacetime Studios Dev VROOMIGoRealFast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jinathedemo View Post
    Vroom, you talk alot about gold inflation. How does a game where you have no market suffer from inflation? I am not very educated on the subject of game economies.
    It de-values the challenges of obtaining certain things in the game, for new and older players. For example, when we release a new Champion, it costs 600,000 gold, and then gold to tier up. If, when we release a new Champion, everyone already has 600,000+ gold saved they will instantly purchase the Champion and level it to tier 10 which is both bad for us and the game. These players will be sitting with a Tier 10 champion without actually knowing how to play it. The challenge of leveling a character up is also something to keep players coming back to CoC. If you log in, suddenly have the new Champion at Tier 10, you have less reason to come back and play tomorrow.

Giving too much gold to newer players causes similar issues. Part of the reason newer players don't have as many Champions is so they play more with Champions they understand to further develop their skills in the game. Getting gold too quickly for them allows them to get past this tutorial stage and have a bunch of Champions they don't know how to play, making matches with that person more difficult if they're on your team, and less fun for them because they don't understand why they keep losing, and aren't improving as quickly because they keep changing from Champion to Champion.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    It de-values the challenges of obtaining certain things in the game, for new and older players. For example, when we release a new Champion, it costs 600,000 gold, and then gold to tier up. If, when we release a new Champion, everyone already has 600,000+ gold saved they will instantly purchase the Champion and level it to tier 10 which is both bad for us and the game. These players will be sitting with a Tier 10 champion without actually knowing how to play it. The challenge of leveling a character up is also something to keep players coming back to CoC. If you log in, suddenly have the new Champion at Tier 10, you have less reason to come back and play tomorrow.

Giving too much gold to newer players causes similar issues. Part of the reason newer players don't have as many Champions is so they play more with Champions they understand to further develop their skills in the game. Getting gold too quickly for them allows them to get past this tutorial stage and have a bunch of Champions they don't know how to play, making matches with that person more difficult if they're on your team, and less fun for them because they don't understand why they keep losing, and aren't improving as quickly because they keep changing from Champion to Champion.
    That sounds very reasonable, and the only reason I was not able to see it is that I fall in neither of those traps. Thanks a whole lot for the explanation. So, temporary fixes to this would be to for an example release champions more often, or some classic gold sinks like for an example badges or skins that are purchaseable by gold? Once again, I appreciate that you answered.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

Vroom if the devs want to get more feedback I'd recommend they start getting involved in the tier list discussions!

Also release Eloia already!1!1!1!1!1

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Legallyblonde For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raww View Post
    I've done a CoC suggestion thread in the past as to what I thought would be great for CoC to do, but since then I've matured and put thought into the things I would personally like to be seen/done in this upcoming new year! I will be somewhat thorough in this thread.

1. New Champions. (of course)

2. New Skins.

3.Champion nerfs, buffs, and bug fixes. (This is discussed in the Call of Champions Band Group)

4. Champion statistics. (Showing how much health, dmg, dps, armor, movement speed, etc. for each champion)

1. 1v1. (This has been added to the game in practice mode, but why not versus? In addition there are still two lanes, when I personally think it should only be one. Lose one of the lanes, but keep one powerup and the team powerup area.)

2. 2v2. (Again add to versus, but both lanes in this one is good)

3. Team Deathmatch. ( 5min game. First team to 10 kills wins. No orbs or towers in this mode, just killing! If tied, the team with the most champ dmg wins)

4. Capture the Orb. (5 min game. No towers. One lane. The team who keeps the orb in the opponents base the longest within the 5 mins wins. If tied, the team with the most kills win)

4. Each Season, the #1 team rank team receives gold badge, #2 team receives silver, and #3 receives bronze.

2. Bronze, Silver, and Gold Chests.

3. Bronze Chest- Acquired by quests and random off wins in versus or ranked. (This chest provides 2 of the following rewards: A high chance of 10k-20k gold, a medium chance of 1-3 platinum and a free talent respec scroll, a 35% chance of a new badge, and a 5-10% chance of a new skin)

4. Silver Chest- Acquired by Quests and purchased in store for 15k or 20k gold. (This chest provides 3 of the following rewards: A high chance of 15k-25k gold, free talent respec scroll, and 2-4platinum, medium chance of 26k-35k gold, 5-6 platinum, and a new badge, and a 15%-20% chance of new skin)

5. Gold Chests- Acquired for 10 or 15 platinum in store. (This chest provides 4 of the following rewards: A high chance of 30k-45k gold, free talent respec scroll, a new badge, and 3-7 platinum, a medium chance of 46k-55k gold and 8-10 platinum, a 25%-30% chance of a new skin, and 10%-15% chance of a new champion)

5. Tournaments.

This is my 2017 Resolution list for this game. I had so many ideas for this game and just had to share it! If you guys have any questions, comments, oe would like to add your own ideas, dont hesitate to post down below.
    -Raww#1149

😎😎
    No badge for seasons just plat and special chests. Skins for tournaments only.
    If it's up to 10 kills don't put a timer?
    Agree with the rest, so detailed :O

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flippy874 View Post
    No badge for seasons just plat and special chests. Skins for tournaments only.
    If it's up to 10 kills don't put a timer?
    Agree with the rest, so detailed :O
    If there's no timer and the people decide not to kill each other, how would the game end?

😎😎

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Straight up like just seeing you wrote so much for suggestions and by the way i didn't read a thing there but i also want new skins, also lootcases so we can get skins without buying platinum!
    "Treat others like you want yourself to be treated, time will reflect your doing upon you someday..."