Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bird PvP Guidelines & Tips: 60-61

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Default Bird PvP Guidelines & Tips: 60-61

Bird PvP---60-61--Warbird/Pure Dex Bird Guide

So, you made a bird. What do they do? No, they are not just little cute bundles of swag, but they can also be the most powerful slayers that the PvP world has seen, if used correctly. I have decided to unravel many hidden secrets that will better your chances in PvP, so good luck!

First thing, you need to choose between a Str Bird with Strongman Set or Dex Bird with Obedience set. Personally, I recommend Dex Bird because it is more of a challenge and consequently, a lot more enjoyable.

Note: I specified set because these sets are the best. The only better options are their crafted demonic counterparts.

MAKE SURE TO BUFF FIRST BEFORE ANY FIGHT. ALSO MAKE SURE THESE BUFFS ARE MAXED!
    *Buffs on an Avian are classified as Evasion and Focus; make it a priority to max these and utilize them BEFORE battle.

Warbird Set: These are pretty easy to learn and can be quite the killing machine. Like I said, they are quite easy to be a pro with so I tend to stay away from them, as I like a challenge.

Getting to my point, here is what you need:

--6 in all your arrows (including roots and break armor), 6 shattering, rest in health. Note, some people say that avian scream is a must--I never found the need for it, even though it frees you from roots and ice. The reason being is there is always another way to break free. I.E: Repulse them away.

--Since you are a warbird, you want to get a tanky ring. I highly recommend the 67 Dex, 8 armor 2 dodge ring. I find it best suits my needs.

--The attack approach: Root your opponent (Use both if you need to, infact I recommend using both), shattering scream, break armor, blind, blast, repulse). Try to save repulse if you don’t need it because it comes in handy when you are trapped by roots.

--The defense approach: Stay on the outskirts of the enemy attack range. This is mainly used for pure dex birds with an obedience set. The dex birds have an attack range of 13MM, they can keep you away for long periods of time, long enough to kill you. So try not to get lured in by them. When you get close, use the roots and trap them, then go in for the kill.

Dex Bird Set:
    -- Never chase any sort of tank. Especially warbirds. They will turn back and kill you once they have healed. Be patient and wait to resume kiting.
    --The skill point allotment is the synonymous with a warbird, so keep it the same.

--Dex Bird is pure dex, preferably with COP set. This will greatly increase your survivability, allowing you to kite for longer periods of time with the +5 Dodge and +10 Armor ratings increase.

--Take a look at your crossbow, it is a machine of pure destruction. Able to shoot incredibly long distances, 13MM; it is able to outrange any skill of any class. Keep that in mind. You can kill enemies purely off of auto if you become a prodigy at kiting. Kiting is the ability to attack while keeping your enemies at a safe distance where they can not harm you; it is a strategy and is not synonymous with running.

--Keep in mind you are extremely squishy. Squishier then jelly and marshmallows. You jelly? You will not be able to take more than one or two hits.

--Enlighten yourself on all the capabilities of your skills. Blind Shot, unless they have change it, has a -30 percent hit decrease and -50 damage. Now, if all of you have taken basic math, without hit percent, it is logical that your opponent can’t hit you. Logically, this will want to be one of your early arrows. Also, make sure you take a look at your skill ranges. You want to be able to use your longest range skills first to maximize damage while still being able to kite your enemies.

--If you have been catching on, this means you would have realized that repulse and blind shot are the most vital skills of a pure dex bird. They are your defensive arrows with high damage output. Repulsing at the right time will allow your opponent to miss his/her skills. An ideal combo would be: Repulse (to disorientate your enemy), Blind Shot (To further disorientate your opponent), Blind Shot (Highest Damage), Break (So your auto bow attacks hit harder). Why this? They are your 12MM skills. You can do damage and keep enemies at bay with these skills. Only use your 10MM or less skills when you are in the 10MM range. They are your last measures of defense. Be sure to lay them out in an order where every single of these arrows can be accessed quickly, easily, and comfortably. Mine are arranged in such a way, that even when laying down sideways in my bed, half sleeping, my muscle memory still knows what to do, when do it, and how to do it.

I will add how to deal with other classes by request only. I will not bother otherwise, as this guide took quite some time to type up. So, if you have any questions or requests, please post them here.

If you would like me to type up an extensive bear guide, please let me know as well. Thank you for your time.

NOTE: I can also help you with your gear set up, but I will not purchase any gear for you unless I know you personally and you are a trustworthy friend/guildie. Although, I’m pretty sure my guildies and friends are able to afford their own equipment.
    Last edited by Zeus; 09-29-2011 at 07:30 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Nice job buddy!

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

woah this is awesome! the combo is pretty pro also for dex birds against dex birds
    l________{{{{{LvL 56 bird Halamance Member of AEO}}}}}__________l

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

I personally think WarBirds with the Demonic Str. Set are taking over End-Game PvP and CTF.....
    Last edited by Cytokinesis; 09-28-2011 at 08:08 PM.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

This guide just sucks!!

I KID!!

Good job! We need to compare notes sometime after this tourney.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Hmm, okay! Sounds good to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    95 Posts

Excellent guide man! As soon as I get ahold of an obedience helm and finish my set, I'm going to get back into endgame PvP, can't wait to see how the sets work!

How's the Demonic set in 1v1?
    Proud Co-Leader of Infinite Union
    Infinite Union forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Just wondering but I didn't see a 6/6 focus and evade under skill guide so might wanna check that unless you don't use them which would be insane
    Nourish 36 Engineer | Glu 36 Commando | Tacticz 36 Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Meowz View Post
    Just wondering but I didn't see a 6/6 focus and evade under skill guide so might wanna check that unless you don't use them which would be insane
    I thought those were a given, which is why I didn't include them. If need be though, I will definitely include them. You would think by 60-61, you would know how to use buffs before casting spells though, correct?

@Ebalere- It was pretty awesome when I had it. I let it go for an Obedience set and 6.3M though. I miss it, but I will craft mine soon!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nice job Apollo! Great guide. This really helped a lot! I have one problem though, no matter how hard I try I just cant beat a mage, birds and bears are fine but I just can take down a mage. Any tips?

Aerrowyn

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

How about add some intbird stuff? When I hit 60 (still slowly lvling whilst farming) I'll spec to intbird for a while and list some equips and ways to play

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

First, looking very nice and detailed guide thanks for sharing it with everyone.
    However i would like you to test it (or least think again), when level cap was 56 i was doing pvp with my warbird and i really anyhow can't agree with you on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    --6 in all your arrows (including roots and break armor), 6 shattering, rest in health. Note, some people say that avian scream is a must--I never found the need for it, even though it frees you from roots and ice. The reason being is there is always another way to break free. I.E: Repulse them away.
    Being rooted or frozen is only weakness of warbird.
    So when you get rooted, it takes little time to realize it(human reaction time for visual stuff), then you repulse him away. If enemy not dead yet he arrives back to range about same time as root runs out, but however he is again able to root you but your repulse shot is still regenerating. I always like to have scream from myself, but it wasn't maxed ofc.

Also one additional tip, never chase enemy with warbird, if enemy have long ranged weapon or skills. (Mages/birds with wand/bow/talon/staff)
    Last edited by Darkfader; 09-29-2011 at 11:09 AM.
    Pocket legends: Eagle (Endgame Bird), Magic (endgame mage), Getnuked (voodoo mage)
    Star legends: Eng (Engineer), Rapid (operative)
    Dark legends: Sucker (vampire queen)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

well done apollo...kudos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfader View Post
    First, looking very nice and detailed guide thanks for sharing it with everyone.
    However i would like you to test it (or least think again), when level cap was 56 i was doing pvp with my warbird and i really anyhow can't agree with you on this.

Being rooted or frozen is only weakness of warbird.
    So when you get rooted, it takes little time to realize it(human reaction time for visual stuff), then you repulse him away. If enemy not dead yet he arrives back to range about same time as root runs out, but however he is again able to root you but your repulse shot is still regenerating. I always like to have scream from myself, but it wasn't maxed ofc.

Also one additional tip, never chase enemy with warbird, if enemy have long ranged weapon or skills. (Mages/birds with wand/bow/talon/staff)
    Yes, you are right and you have a point. I just always saw that I could tank through it and kill the opponent, wether I was trapped or not. That is just me though. I will add in the part of never chasing a warbird; I myself do not do it, but it was one of the tips I forgot to include.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Nice but I do have to disagree with a few warbird facts & tecnics mentioned here. Not telling which tho
    Xazic -- That random warbird.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by halamance View Post
    woah this is awesome! the combo is pretty pro also for dex birds against dex birds
    is this ur combo hala

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

hey post your guidelines against mages

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default armor

Does it really matter if it's mimicry or obedience

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

this is a nice thread, though as per my experience, birds are weapons of mass destruction. personally as lvl 58 pure dex wearing customized gemstone i can kill bears and mages wearing glyph sets. well i do not saw i own them, its just that i can kill them esp bears. so i was wondring how powerfull it can be when i reach 60 with obe set. and yes root is the key factor now, it your root was succesfull you have high chance of wining the battle.