Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My opinions on the Mage Class and a fix

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Another thread about mage buff.
    Where you all mages been when you got your 56lvl cap and rogues become totally useless?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Zeus.. You're so selfish dude. But it's ok. Soon you won't have mages to kill at PvP rooms

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nea For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

New vendor gears, mythic weps and Arcane armor Will fix this problem

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Moto G (4) met Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Twerk View Post
    Where you all mages been when you got your 56lvl cap and rogues become totally useless?
    I wasn't here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Twerk View Post
    they were spamming forums to keep rogues from receiving the help they needed(not that mages need any atm in comparison to rogues last cap). Tbh I'm in favor of doing the same in return. Reap what you sow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Dodge doesn't work against skills in PvP. If mages have weak defense, then what defense do rogues have? We've been over this and I had to play mage to prove people wrong. Sorcerers are just fine right now.
    No sorry I am not agree .
    rogue dodge provide a huge defense on fisic attack. Think about a tank with dusk that have good fisique damage but not heavy skill and u can dodge with razor skill 9 attack out of 10, other way he lose 30 armor .
    Instead of consider damage of skills divided on time so dms , then see fisic dms of a mage and u realise that dodge work well . Only if u are lucky u got critical on 2 skill but u have more prob to have on 4 fiscal attack landed in cool down ,so only 1 of 6 to pick lighting critical(and it only leave u with 60% healt ) .
    Problem in mage defense is the stupid time factor that make annoing kill by "respawn and revenge", and runner tactics .
    Also shield block a skill slot that can be used for attack skill.
    Mana bar of mage don't go over 60 % so there is a big waste. New mechanic provide a more efficient use that makes more efficient mage defense.
    new mechanic is based on int and u too can benefit of that bonus depending of your int level .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dispressor View Post
    rogue dodge provide a huge defense on fisic attack. Think about a tank with dusk that have good fisique damage but not heavy skill and u can dodge with razor skill 9 attack out of 10, other way he lose 30 armor .
    Instead of consider damage of skills divided on time so dms , then see fisic dms of a mage and u realise that dodge work well . Only if u are lucky u got critical on 2 skill but u have more prob to have on 4 fiscal attack landed in cool down ,so only 1 of 6 to pick lighting critical(and it only leave u with 60% healt ) .
    Problem in mage defense is the stupid time factor that make annoing kill by "respawn and revenge", and runner tactics .
    Mana bar of mage don't go over 60 % so there is a big waste. New mechanic provide a more efficient use that makes more efficient mage defense.
    new mechanic is based on int and u too can benefit of that bonus depending of your int level .
    dodge does not work on skills. What part of this do u not understand? when is the last time u died and auto attacks was the primary reason why? Just stop talking about the balance of the game if you don't know how the mechanics of the game work. Mages already have more defense than rogues in the form of their shield, so if you going to complain about survivability, don't do it from the perspective of mages when rogues still get 1 shot and don't have their own form of invulnerability.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Blah blah dodge is so useless. Why don't we just take out the dodge stats from all the class and see what happens. Lol.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yubaraj For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

playing as a mage myself and finding it a pain to kill rogue i do know what the problem is, you just cant seem to do enough damge to kill her presumeing your useing shield/Fb (or gale)/life giver/ice(or lig)
    with primary 2 attking skills and auto atk (gun blasts) seem to be uselis since it hits 1/4 times or 1/2 if your lucky
    the problem is that mages crits SUCK at the moment but arc armor and new belt fixed that...kanda... so no bufs needid just gear up some crit and "you'll be oky"
    Of topic why do tanks use speed set in pvp...... i know to rg but really...are you not less tanky?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dispressor View Post
    No comment ....

Quote Originally Posted by Lawpvp View Post
    dodge does not work on skills. What part of this do u not understand? when is the last time u died and auto attacks was the primary reason why? Just stop talking about the balance of the game if you don't know how the mechanics of the game work. Mages already have more defense than rogues in the form of their shield, so if you going to complain about survivability, don't do it from the perspective of mages when rogues still get 1 shot and don't have their own form of invulnerability.
    Imo, I wouldn't say mages have more "defense" than rogues. Mages can get one shot with or without shield. I see rogues often barely surviving off a combo... on the other hand, one crit is all you need to kill a mage.

Quote Originally Posted by mrm View Post
    Of topic why do tanks use speed set in pvp...... i know to rg but really...are you not less tanky?
    The mobility offered by the set makes positioning easier. Good tanks can pull it off... positioning is everything. I've been back for only a little while but it is obvious that your team's win condition is based on your dps vs opposing dps. A tank that can delay the opposing dps from accessing backline is one good tank, and the speed set helps. Of course, I don't play tank so this is just an honest assumption.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    No comment ....

Imo, I wouldn't say mages have more "defense" than rogues. Mages can get one shot with or without shield. I see rogues often barely surviving off a combo... on the other hand, one crit is all you need to kill a mage.

The mobility offered by the set makes positioning easier. Good tanks can pull it off... positioning is everything. I've been back for only a little while but it is obvious that your team's win condition is based on your dps vs opposing dps. A tank that can delay the opposing dps from accessing backline is one good tank, and the speed set helps. Of course, I don't play tank so this is just an honest assumption.
    i agree with you, both mages and rogues are squishy af rn. Mage can be oneshot with arc shield, but rogue can also be one shot with nekro shield. All it takes is 1 crit for both. My main point was the OP shouldnt complain about mage survivability when rogues are just as squishy, and mages can join fights much easier due to invulernability on their shield.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

i agree with you, both mages and rogues are squishy af rn. Mage can be oneshot with arc shield, but rogue can also be one shot with nekro shield. All it takes is 1 crit for both. My main point was the OP shouldnt complain about mage survivability when rogues are just as squishy, and mages can join fights much easier due to invulernability on their shield.
    Mage cannot one shot rogue with nekro shield. Don't exaggerate.

And just take out dodge stat from rogue I guarantee you I will kill any rogue in this game. So plz don't say that having dodge is not giving huge advantage to rogue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yubaraj View Post
    Mage cannot one shot rogue with nekro shield. Don't exaggerate.

And just take out dodge stat from rogue I guarantee you I will kill any rogue in this game. So plz don't say that having dodge is not giving huge advantage to rogue.
    i never said mage can one shot rogue through nekro, read

just take out damage stat from mage I guarantee you I will kill any mage in this game. See how this comment was dumb? same as the one u made about dodge. of course balance will be different when u take an entire mechanic out of the game, thats not the point of this thread. And removing dodge just to give mages an advantage over rogues in 1v1, which they shouldnt have in the first place because rogues are the single target dps, would be a terrible idea.
    Last edited by Lawpvp; 12-18-2016 at 11:03 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

i never said mage can one shot rogue through nekro, read

just take out damage stat from mage I guarantee you I will kill any mage in this game. See how this comment was dumb? same as the one u made about dodge. of course balance will be different when u take an entire mechanic out of the game, thats not the point of this thread. And removing dodge just to give mages an advantage over rogues in 1v1, which they shouldnt have in the first place because rogues are the single target dps, would be a terrible idea.
    When I read your sentence that's what I understood and its not clear whether you are comparing rogue mage vs or rogue vs rogue. So plz be specific don't confuse people here.

Whenever someone say dodge is helpful for rogue , then rogue comes up with excuse saying dodge cannot help dodging skills which is true but PvP vs doesn't only depend on skill attacks. Dodge is OP in mage vs rogue, that's what I wanted to say.
    About taking damage from mage lol, mage is already like a dummy now one shot and mage dead if mage doenst have AS.

So my suggestion was to remove dodge from all class , take your damage crit armor I don't care.

So if you don't want rogue dodge gone from PvP then don't make stupid comment inclining that its useless. that's all I wanted to say.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to yubaraj For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I didn't have time to read this entire thread, but there are so many different gear types to choose from now. If you want more crit, chose gear with more crit. Use some lightning jewels.

My current build at level 61 gives me 43% crit with SnS and 40% with Nekro. I think that's certainly high enough, and is no less than I had at level 46.

If you are using gear that gives no crit stat and yet you are complaining about needing more crit, then use different gear!!

You have infinite choices now, but you cannot have everything..... Health, Armor, Damage, Crit....

If you want Health and Damage, then choose "Brutality" type of gear.

If you want Health and Crit, then choose "Force" type of gear.

if you want Damage and Crit, then choose "Lethality" type of gear.

If you want Armor and Damage, then choose "Warfare" type of gear.

And if you want a little bit of everything, then you can mix and match.

Same goes for jewels...

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yubaraj View Post
    When I read your sentence that's what I understood and its not clear whether you are comparing rogue mage vs or rogue vs rogue. So plz be specific don't confuse people here.

Whenever someone say dodge is helpful for rogue , then rogue comes up with excuse saying dodge cannot help dodging skills which is true but PvP vs doesn't only depend on skill attacks. Dodge is OP in mage vs rogue, that's what I wanted to say.
    About taking damage from mage lol, mage is already like a dummy now one shot and mage dead if mage doenst have AS.

So my suggestion was to remove dodge from all class , take your damage crit armor I don't care.

So if you don't want rogue dodge gone from PvP then don't make stupid comment inclining that its useless. that's all I wanted to say.
    Dodge is useless in rogue vs rogue fights. This is because no rogue actually uses auto attack to damage the enemy.

It is useful against mages and tanks because they rely on auto attack to do a significant amount of damage for them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I didn't have time to read this entire thread, but there are so many different gear types to choose from now. If you want more crit, chose gear with more crit. Use some lightning jewels.

My current build at level 61 gives me 43% crit with SnS and 40% with Nekro. I think that's certainly high enough, and is no less than I had at level 46.

If you are using gear that gives no crit stat and yet you are complaining about needing more crit, then use different gear!!

You have infinite choices now, but you cannot have everything..... Health, Armor, Damage, Crit....

If you want Health and Damage, then choose "Brutality" type of gear.

If you want Health and Crit, then choose "Force" type of gear.

if you want Damage and Crit, then choose "Lethality" type of gear.

If you want Armor and Damage, then choose "Warfare" type of gear.

And if you want a little bit of everything, then you can mix and match.

Same goes for jewels...
    Having 43/40% crit... that sounds horrible. Are you running full lightning jewels? How much damage/hp are you sacrificing? You can have a 100% crit but it won't help if you do no damage. Also, if you are suggesting we use gear (weapon, helm, armor) that is not "Of Brutality" in PvP..... I won't even comment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

What matters is what perspective are we looking at class-balance from- Does balance mean 'my class has advantages so that I can win' or does it mean 'my class is effective in combat and needed in matches'?

Overall devs seem to have solved the balance problems of the past and done a good job.

As already stated above, a fact that I totally agree with, with the awakening options and types of pets, jewels and gear versions available, you can develop a play-style and build to suit your own self. There is nothing wrong with the entire class. No class, whether mage, rogue or warrior needs any nerf or buff now.
    Last edited by Zynzyn; 12-18-2016 at 11:47 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zynzyn View Post
    There is nothing wrong with the entire class. No class, whether mage, rogue or warrior needs any nerf or buff now.
    Lmao what.... I can't take this thread seriously anymore

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Instanthumor View Post
    Having 43/40% crit... that sounds horrible. Are you running full lightning jewels? How much damage/hp are you sacrificing? You can have a 100% crit but it won't help if you do no damage. Also, if you are suggesting we use gear (weapon, helm, armor) that is not "Of Brutality" in PvP..... I won't even comment
    3 of my jewels are noble lightning jewels, and the rest are mind.

And yes, I'm suggesting using gear that is not Brutality type if you want higher crit. I have a mix of gear. I have Force and Lethality types. So it gives me a lot of crit. But this season I'm more of a PvE player, so that works well for PvE. As for damage, I use a gun and my damage is around 1850.

My point is we have many choices. So if you feel you need to have more crit, you can sacrifice some of your health or damage to get that crit. Whether or not you think that trade is worthwhile, that really will depend on your gaming strategy and your skill build. This idea that there is only one single build for both gear and skills that is effective is total crap. A player can be successful in any number of playing styles and builds with the right strategy.

I haven't done much PvP lately, but I would think if you are a 2 offensive skill sorcerer (with the other 2 being shield and heal), and one of those 2 skills is lightning, then I would think it would pay to increase your crit at the expense of some damage.

And BTW, "of Force" gear is much stronger this season than in past seasons. If you go back to previous seasons, the "of Force" gear used to contains only half as much STR stat as the "of Brutality" type. Now the STR & INT stats are the same. So instead of the damage, you are getting 4%+ crit. With the 250% crit on lightning, it is going to hit much harder with that crit than with the extra 1.5% damage you would get from the damage of the Brutality type.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 12-19-2016 at 01:29 AM.