Thread: A nice long list of bugs

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Cool A nice long list of bugs

Hey devs! Since I've been playing so much and noticed a few things I figured I should share them.

Im using a droid incredible android version 2.2 unless otherwise noted.

- In nuri levels you can go through portals to get to the next level, I've experienced a few problems with them. First, there are portals leading from one level to the next on all levels except level 4. Since level 5 isn't listed as dungeon i figured that this might have been an oversight. Second, if I make a game with a password and go from one level to another using a portal the game is no longer locked. Last, and I've experienced this about 7 times, I'll use the portal and end up at the next level which is already either partly cleared or almost completely cleared.

- if I'm in the process of trading and I want to check the confirm box in order to move on to the confirm page I have to tap it about 4 times before it works.

- using the new notification system I will hit reply to a person on my conversation list and when the window opens the command to message them is completely highlighted. Example /t anibird is all highlighted so if I type I erase the command. This is also true for iPads. (edit - will be fixed in next update)

- again, many times in games I have made i will have friends trying to join game but they will be denied access. This happens even when the game is not full, the person is not trying to type in a password and the person hasn't been booted from the game and then tries to re-enter. After a few more tries of trying to join they eventually make it in.

- (I believe this one is known) the join button for towns in friends list is missing when using iPad.

- the joystick on iPads is now too low, don't have a lot of detail since I don't use the joystick

- when in chat mode you can no longer see health and mana bars at the top left of screen. This is important since if I message someone while playing I'd like to know if suddenly my healths going down so I can prevent an unnecessary death.

- we've all been experiencing more crashes than usual and most are when going from one level to another or when joining game

- lastly, and this is more of a suggestion ... The skill buttons on the right side are obviously clickable but between them there is a tiny bit of space that moves the character when trying to hit buttons. This leaves me trying to stand still but since I'm going hard at my skills I look like a crazy person running all over the place. I don't believe that anyone is tapping that area of the screen for the purpose of moving so why not fix that so the space in-between skills either does nothing or bring the skill buttons area out a bit.

Similarly, I'm having trouble with the new chat feature, I don't mind that it's at the top when I'm in town but in a game I constantly try to tap it, miss by a tiny bit since the area is pretty small, and then end up tapping the screen so my character runs forward without
    me realizing because by then I've tapped the chat bar again and it worked so my screen it pretty much covered. This scenario always ends with death. I'm not really sure how you could fix this besides bringing back the chat button at the bottom or at least making it an option since auto chat is or enlarging the area that selects chat slightly.

I'm not proofreading this so pardon any spelling irregularities or poor usage of grammar. If you need me to elaborate I'd be happy to. Thanks!

Edit: found another... Twice I've been playing the lions den level and when the group went to the portal to next level it was inactive, not there.

Edit #2 : I would like to include the problem regarding the snake charmer which is discussed in comments below.

I would also like to include another problem that occurs in the lions den. When pulling both the lion and the tamer out of the room they're in, if (I hope I explain this correctly) a player runs down the hallway towards the dead end with the lion and tamer chasing and the rest of the group attacks the lion at the end of the hall prior to the turn the lion will freeze and stay there, immune to damage, for the rest of the game. The tamer has no issues during this time.

Edit #3 (quote) With the latest update, I've come across another serious issue... On my iPad, sometimes when trying to control my character with the virtual joystick, instead of moving the character it starts to rotate the screen. It used to happen on rare occasions prior to this update, but it is now happening very often.
    Last edited by Weak_Sauce; 09-30-2011 at 06:42 AM. Reason: added more bugs
    PL Anibird- Level 66 Bird Anicat- Level 65 Mage Anibear- Level 66 Bear
    SL Ani- Level 35 Operative Animeva- Level 30 Commando Anibird- Level 27 Engineer

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Weak_Sauce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

ipad reply feature annoys me too, its highlights, so pointless, yes we go no join button, and yes the move arrow is too low BUT i fou d out that u can move it up and down when u change arrow size, maybe write that in options cause no ones gonna notice it the way its now BUT it does work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I agree that the virtual joystick is too low. I'd like to see it in the middle left, approximately parallel with the skill buttons. Also, after the latest update, there has been times when using the virtual joystick causes the screen to rotate. It used to happen once in a while before the update, but, now, it's happening a lot.

Another serious bug that needs addressing is how Snake Charmer manages to kill even with you are clearly behind a column. This happens all the time and is infinitely frustrating.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

+1

Wow! Nice bug list! I've read it completely and agree with just about all points. The only thing I can't comment on, is the joystick placement, because I was very busy in real life the last couple of days :/

I hope devs will take note of this post, because it summarizes a lot of fairly annoying things

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Not quite sure your list is long enough!

Good stuff! I have noticed a few of the same but haven't gotten around to reporting.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Oo I forgot about the snake charmer, he is a pain and a cheater. Glad to see others took note of these bugs and how awesome I am.
    SL Ani- Level 35 Operative Animeva- Level 30 Commando Anibird- Level 27 Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Read my Nuri's Hallows guide. It explains an easy way to avoid death by the death ring.
    I will try to update it with the new stuff, however this is the update for Boggy Waters part. A sneak peak:
    When, doing Snake Charmer in a dungeon with a full party, be sure to have a MAGE hide behind a pillar far away from Snake Charmer. This way, if he accidentally moves out from behind the pillar and kills everyone, the mage can simply step out, hit revive and prevent a walk back/boss reset.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlzap View Post
    Read my Nuri's Hallows guide. It explains an easy way to avoid death by the death ring.
    I will try to update it with the new stuff, however this is the update for Boggy Waters part. A sneak peak:
    When, doing Snake Charmer in a dungeon with a full party, be sure to have a MAGE hide behind a pillar far away from Snake Charmer. This way, if he accidentally moves out from behind the pillar and kills everyone, the mage can simply step out, hit revive and prevent a walk back/boss reset.
    We're referring to the times when some members are behind the pillar and one or more are close but not protected from attack. The player out in the open dies as does some or all of the players behind pillar, it depends on the position and proximity to pillar of the unprotected player but it does happen often.

I've also experienced times when all of the players are packed in tight behind a pillar (and clearly out of range of the attack) and yet some or all of us die anyway.

I understand that you're trying to help with some tips but these problems shouldn't occur at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Weak_Sauce View Post

- using the new notification system I will hit reply to a person on my conversation list and when the window opens the command to message them is completely highlighted. Example /t anibird is all highlighted so if I type I erase the command. This is also true for iPads.
    Reference this one--same problem in SL. Here's the skinny from Flip in this thread.

Known Issue: When you hit the "Reply" button on the notification window the chat window will automatically fill out "/tell whoevermessagedyou". This text is highlighted, so if you just start typing then the "/tell whoevermessagedyou" portion will be overwritten, causing your response to go to local chat.
    Workaround: Tap Reply, then tap once to the right of the highlighted text to remove the highlighting. Then type your reply and send.

This will be fixed in the next full client update.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I just took a glance at your guide. The method you described is exactly how I go about attacking Snake Charmer. He still manages to kill even when clearly on opposite side of pillar at times. There's nothing wrong with our technique, there's a glaring bug.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

With the latest update, I've come across another serious issue... On my iPad, sometimes when trying to control my character with the virtual joystick, instead of moving the character it starts to rotate the screen. It used to happen on rare occasions prior to this update, but it is now happening very often.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Go and uncheck "Chase Screen" or something in Options.
    This is what causes it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Go and uncheck "Chase Screen" or something in Options.
    This is what causes it.
    No, that's not it. I don't have chase screen turned on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

The iPad joystick should be fixed! It is so weird now... And btw it DOES move up but it also increases in size and it is difficult to use as a big one...!
    Xazic -- That random warbird.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I think I may have found another issue... In House of Pain (Nuri's map 2), twice I saw unpotted players running with 3x speed. Unfortunately, it wasn't me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Snake Charmer bug is very frustrating. Behind the column/pole and still dying

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Lvl 10 green toyman says "mana" not "m/s"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Great list! But another thing is that when ur at the screen where u can change characters ect. Ur elixir time still goes down its suoer annoying for when im AFK im not sure if its suppost to be like that or if its just a little bug. But i would also like to see that fixed :/