Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by soon View Post
    Symia too.
    No, not exactly. You remove curse on AA's application but on the next second you can be cursed again. Party DOT immunity for several seconds means noone will be cursed for several seconds. There are (maybe) other pets too that can only remove the curse, but that's not that good as immunity. Other pets that 'may' remove curse: kris&kringle, misty - i haven't checked them.
    About Lucky (mentioned by Avaree) - it 'knocks back and snares' the opponent for 5 sec - if this protects from curse for 5 sec (i haven't checked), then it will be as good as dot immunity - which would be good. BTW, Porkchop 'snares' for 5 sec, not sure if this would protect you.

Now to the thread's point. I also agree that you shouldn't be killed instantly by mobs, even maxed warriors (well, in the case of curse it's more like 'kill yourself' - but again it shouldn't be instantly). Also, as other people have noted and this and other similar threads - there should be warning BEFORE the curse. Before. A red zone or any other Warning.
    Also, I agree that the curse immunity pets shouldn't be the 'decision', they shouldn't be obligatory. Curse death shouldn't be 'always and instant'.
    Last edited by voidPtr; 12-21-2016 at 02:37 AM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to voidPtr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voidPtr View Post
    No, not exactly. You remove curse on AA's application but on the next second you can be cursed again. Party DOT immunity for several seconds means noone will be cursed for several seconds. There are (maybe) other pets too that can only remove the curse, but that's not that good as immunity. Other pets that 'may' remove curse: kris&kringle, misty - i haven't checked them.
    About Lucky (mentioned by Avaree) - it 'knocks back and snares' the opponent for 5 sec - if this protects from curse for 5 sec (i haven't checked), then it will be as good as dot immunity - which would be good. BTW, Porkchop 'snares' for 5 sec, not sure if this would protect you.

Now to the thread's point. I also agree that you shouldn't be killed instantly by mobs, even maxed warriors (well, in the case of curse it's more like 'kill yourself' - but again it shouldn't be instantly). Also, as other people have noted and this and other similar threads - there should be warning BEFORE the curse. Before. A red zone or any other Warning.
    Also, I agree that the curse immunity pets shouldn't be the 'decision', they shouldn't be obligatory. Curse death shouldn't be 'always and instant'.
    I will test porkchop on alt. I only listed the pets I have, as I would feel bad if I said a pet's aa did something it did not, and players rushed to buy it.

Symbia is an excellent party pet with glowstik, Ard will use it in the maus maps, even though he has glowstik.
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voidPtr View Post

Thinking a bit more on this, I wonder, if our warning is there, and we have over looked it. The mages normally will fire one shot that slows, there is a red zone for this. When I see this or aggro'd mage(s) rapidly moving forward, I use glow's aa.

I do agree I have been subjected to one hits outside of red zones by the exploding bombs, the guards that fire cross bows, and ogre's smashing hammer (just like in the glinstone maps).
    Avy
    12-2012