Thread: Lvl 80 mage questions

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Exclamation Lvl 80 mage questions

Hi,
    Can anybody provide me with a good lvl80 mage build and combos on how to use it?
    Also, is there any point in the weakness debuff? It has -60 dmg and -60 hit at lvl9 but everyone already has 250% hit. I guess -60 dmg works but I think it's a waste when -60 hit debuff is useless.
    On the other hand, nightmare debuff is unquestionably useful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

i dont give builds, but u are right about nightmare and weakness. At l80 Weakness is a no.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

Just put 9 in everything, it isnt rocket science
    nothing lasts forever

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

9-8-7-1
    9-1-8-0
    9-9-9-9

Pure INT.

You're honestly ok performing any combo, but of course you'll want to begin your combo by using either frostbite or drain because they're 12m skills. There isn't any one good combo because endgame relies heavily on dodge. You'll find that some days a particular combo will work really nicely and other days you'll question why you even play the game. As a result, the best PvPers can recognize their opponents combo and adjust accordingly to counter it – and that requires a lot of anticipation skills, improvisation, and tough judgement. But the more you practice the easier it gets.

The most important thing to focus on for now is hitting the frostbite + fire combo. The better you get at timing it up, the more effective you'll be in PvP. Obviously, it won't always land, but when it does you'll have an advantage over the other player.

You said it, weakness is pretty useless at endgame. Some mages/pallys find it useful. From my personal experience, I've never found it to be beneficial.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. The more endgame PvPers the merrier.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    490 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    9-8-7-1
    9-1-8-0
    9-9-9-9

Pure INT.

You're honestly ok performing any combo, but of course you'll want to begin your combo by using either frostbite or drain because they're 12m skills. There isn't any one good combo because endgame relies heavily on dodge. You'll find that some days a particular combo will work really nicely and other days you'll question why you even play the game. As a result, the best PvPers can recognize their opponents combo and adjust accordingly to counter it – and that requires a lot of anticipation skills, improvisation, and tough judgement. But the more you practice the easier it gets.

The most important thing to focus on for now is hitting the frostbite + fire combo. The better you get at timing it up, the more effective you'll be in PvP. Obviously, it won't always land, but when it does you'll have an advantage over the other player.

You said it, weakness is pretty useless at endgame. Some mages/pallys find it useful. From my personal experience, I've never found it to be beneficial.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. The more endgame PvPers the merrier.
    Yes William
    I often ask myself, why am I so attractive?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

My Mage Build is:

My generic combo is frsot drain fire light. Hope this helps