Thread: Engineers, we have a new duty!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Engineers, we have a new duty!

Using Empathy, Transferance and Leech (All at Lv 6) I was able to tank Miner Mcguirk (with all custom armor) while the other 4 players sat and watched! Don't you remember how hard he was to kill? Well, now I believe that, should the opportunity arise, we should all help the lower leveled players accomplish the feat of killing him!
    Was this post helpful? Click the "Thanks" button!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

I don't think its right to help players who need to kill Miner when you happen to be around 10 levels higher than them. Sure its nice, but they need to learn how to defeat Miner themselves.

Now I do think its alright to grab an alt that happens to be close to the level range and battle with them. I don't see this option as a problem since they learn and get the full experience of it.

This is just my opinion. Your entitled to make your own decisions.
    Current Sig by
    SL Elite Death Squad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    I don't think its right to help players who need to kill Miner when you happen to be around 10 levels higher than them. Sure its nice, but they need to learn how to defeat Miner themselves.

Now I do think its alright to grab an alt that happens to be close to the level range and battle with them. I don't see this option as a problem since they learn and get the full experience of it.

This is just my opinion. Your entitled to make your own decisions.
    Agree fully, have helped with so many Miner runs I wouldnt be able to give a rough estimate, though I only do this if the player is at breaking point (Miner does that to some, even to the point of quiting SL), Id prefer to help them than let them quit and not realise SL's full potential.

If interested check out PiF,

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...969#post431969

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Punktate View Post
    Using Empathy, Transferance and Leech (All at Lv 6) I was able to tank Miner Mcguirk (with all custom armor)

transferance is aoe which bursts all the eggs your just making it harder on yourself

i can solo him with custom armor limited sheild and black widow and doge implant and the only skill i need is empathy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

miner isnt a hard fight if you know it all you need is one good engi who keeps the group up and a group that knows not too attack him and only take the adds when there is a decent number of them but never with AoE. I've come to believe a lot of newer players seem to think everything in this game is skill spam and that there is no tactics involved which is why they wipe on miner. IMO help newbies by explaining the game too them and showing them the way to the forums so they can be IMBA but don't carry them otherwise they get used to being carried and they never take the time to figure things out for themselves and cause groups to wipe on director later because they dont know whats up.
    Toons:
    Bigtokes: 25 commando
    Bigsmoke: 16 operative
    Bigheals: 17 engineer

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rob Prose For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

So truelol :P they need to learn :O or they stay newbs :O and you know how the issue was in pl to exterminate the noobs :O its like a cockroach infestation just a little chip and the next week you see a cockroach pass by every minute O.o dont want that to happen

P.S to extirmante a newb is by teaching them or for example nerf leveling level 1 at plasma
    Andhave tutorials
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I would not consider this a new duty as I have been helping with miner runs since I could access them. I also don't consider what I do, as ann engineer, as carrying the team. I never go in alone and instead tell the team what they sbhould be doing. I focus on healing and reviving the party. Sure, my heals tick for nearly 80 and I do pop the odd squiddy dumb enough to come after me but I think if your making the com tank and the op kite and any other engies heal and rev, you ARE teaching them how the game works. Miner is a great place to teach teamwork.
    You may call me bits or giga...just don't call me at dinner time
    Gigabits-engineer(main)-Bitsoarmor-commando-bitsopain-operative-Bitsohelp-engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by sickside View Post
    transferance is aoe which bursts all the eggs your just making it harder on yourself

i can solo him with custom armor limited sheild and black widow and doge implant and the only skill i need is empathy
    I know that, but using it twice kills them all & fully heals you.
    Was this post helpful? Click the "Thanks" button!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

This is not a duty. This is carrying low levels through content and holding their hand. They don't learn anything. I hate this boss too and avoid it, but this is not the way.

Also yes, it kills all the eggs and can severely damage anybody nearby who isn't level capped. Great strategy. Not.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Alaska, Left the heat on & melted my Igloo...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I have been since I have capped out all my toons. Tanked him on my Eng as well but its much faster using a 30 Custom Commando.
    Proud Officer of Infinite Union
    Downloads -36 Commando * Http -36 Operative * URL -36 Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i solod him on my mando at like 18...just bring stims

Teslaprentice 36 Operative -Sparkling Pwnies
    Teslasminion 35 Commando -Sparkling Pwnies

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    421 Posts

@Punktate subtle dude really subtle ha

Bods Team method 3 Engi 1 Com 1 Op.. (lvl 19-21)

Com kites making sure he had miners attention, Engi's stay near and heal (without transferance) with good old Empathy, Op stays around the middle moving about as much as possible.. miner stops Op then blasts the barrel next to miner makin sure no other player is in the way (takes alot of extra damage from him if done correctly) or if players are close.. leave it.. (not worth taking out other players for some damage that in long turn works out bad for the team as a com or engi/s get deaded) if you don't want to risk this then please do so

(While this is going on its the Ops duty to take put them squids! Only if needed though)

1. miner gets ready to charge Com tries (hopefully succeeds) in dodging this to make miner do a 'fake' charge (hard to time)

2. Fails and Com about to get hit by miners charge 'hits' mass defence and then as Com is knocked against the wall and geting back up the engi 'hit' that Empathy button to heal so that the Com bearly has to use stim if any at all.

3 Repeat. (Engi to be on the look out at players health and revives any player that falls within a few secs

Tips

Always remember to run in anti clockwise direction (from entrance out look) as if you go clockwise you may get hit out of Miners zone and he follows and resets (happens).

If you are aware the Com is low on stim then give them a few (5 each say) please do this at your own risk though as unfortunately there is the likely event that they may bail with stim.

Anyone else have similar methods please share

Still trying to comprehend how 2k+ can die from Barrels O.o

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Kool...but I don't use rev or empathy. I guess you can call him a combat engineer. I use pain 6 wither 6 decay 6 leech 6 and transfer 5 (lvl 30 ofc) I find myself doing more dmg than anyone in my group