Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Economy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default The Economy

Since Spacetime didn't create prices for items this made players establish prices on items themselves. Personally I think the prices are too high and some people seem to have better luck than others. Anyways I would like to know your opinion on prices.
    Starsavior Commando | Spamhealer Engineer | Inventory Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I like the idea of a free market, where the buyers and sellers are responsible for setting prices. While some sellers are, well... a bit out of whack with their prices, I believe that is normal, and that the natural trend for most items' prices will be downward. Only the really rare items will remain high in price, and then only for a short while. I think at least two of each item from different sellers are required to start figuring out exactly what an item is worth; the first to break the ice, and the second to say "no, I believe the item is really worth this..." After that, the ball is in the buyer's court. I will admit; however, it is quite entertaining to see what people believe their "rare" items to be worth.

Oh, and... First!

PL: Thequickone warrior, Torrenz archer, Faebronia enchantress/main
    SL: Thequickone commando, Torrenz operative, Faebronia engineer/main, Helpdesk <PiF> engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I like the way you think. Lol

Alaska, Left the heat on & melted my Igloo...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Personally I think a lot of the items are way under priced just for the hope of making a little Credit. Lets say you get a few items in Slouch, then you go to sell them on the Action Terminal & people have that same item listed for 19 or 20 cred...You said it, we created the pricing. No one else did. I think very low undercuts like that sould not be done. If you put an Item up on the AT for 20 Cred it costs you 10 Cred to list that item for 3 hours. I meen a measly 10 Cred for taking the time to merchant? ? ? No room for profit guys...Even if the Items were going for a good 35-40 Cred a piece, Thats still much better then only making 10 Cred off of one transaction. Just my observations.
    Proud Officer of Infinite Union
    Downloads -36 Commando * Http -36 Operative * URL -36 Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Market too high????? Bro the market crashed as soon as epics hit the game. Only way to make any money is vanitys or crafting mats. I think sts should increase liquidating prices on junk 3-5 credits is horrible.

ZERO COMMANDO
    Follow me on Twitter @Zero_SLegends

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

It seems like there's two kinds of people in sl or pl, Ones that charge way over or way under. I personally believe that everyone should make some profit of everything but not break someone's bank. There should always be a perfect balance if that is a possibility.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

The problem with STS making each item X price is that it makes all items set in stone. And that makes merchants lose their way of profit, forcing everyone to farm, and in the end... A lot more of all items. All still the same price as when there was only 10...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

We have a high prices (255,000 highest I seen)
    Then we have a stupid crazy low price (19) if you ask me, I rather have higher price per item then a lower. If everyone has it what's the point of something being called a rare or epic?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Everyone I know always gets good items which results in them even giving away purple. BTW the highest price I've seen is 977000

Alaska, Left the heat on & melted my Igloo...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by starsavior View Post
    It seems like there's two kinds of people in sl or pl, Ones that charge way over or way under. I personally believe that everyone should make some profit of everything but not break someone's bank. There should always be a perfect balance if that is a possibility.
    Unfortunately greed makes this impossible in any monetary system, old or new.
    Proud Officer of Infinite Union
    Downloads -36 Commando * Http -36 Operative * URL -36 Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

At any time, the price of items are set by the sellers at what they think they will be bought for.

It costs A LOT to list something that's 200,000 for a day. A LOT! - So no one is going to waste money on posting an item if you don't think it's going to sell, right?

And then purps come in, I was grabbing them and selling them for 45k+ at the very start, it was glorious, now the same items are worth less then 500!

Supply and demand, they could make epics rarer etc. and that would set them at better prices.. (All of us high levels are going to keep doing mindless runs anyway, no matter the drops right?)

And then the lucky get rich (As they are right now with Legendary items, Vanities etc).

If you are lucky enough to get one and sell it for a quick 200k-400k you won't be complaining that the prices are the way they are, I guarantee it!

I like it just the way it is.

SL -> Lvl. 40 Engi. - TOFASTFORYOU
    DL -> Lvl. 18 Vamp. - Sillynoob
    -> HTC EVO 3D & Google Chrome BETA 20.0.1069.1 m

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Not only that but some peeps buy credits with cold hard cash (via plat) to facilitate buying items. That throws a whole new wrench into the works.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

We are shaping the game world for future players and as of now newbies are slammed scammed and frowned upon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

We are shaping the game world for future players and as of now newbies are slammed scammed and frowned upon.
    Vanities SHOULD drop from ALL levels/crates monsters etc. just very, very, VERY rarely. So Luck = Yes. Screwed because your new = no.

SL -> Lvl. 40 Engi. - TOFASTFORYOU
    DL -> Lvl. 18 Vamp. - Sillynoob
    -> HTC EVO 3D & Google Chrome BETA 20.0.1069.1 m

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

The two kinds of people are those that know the value of an item, and those that don't. Those that know the value will buy up all the undervalued items. If he guesses wrong, he will lose his money. But, he is not wrong, so he makes a profit.

Unfortunately for the buyers, there are no great deals. This is the way the market works.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bakoffmycandy View Post
    It's not about greed. It's good business. If you get a drop worth 200k are you going to sell it for 2k to be nice and not "greedy"? I think not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by csb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakoffmycandy View Post
    It's not about greed. It's good business. If you get a drop worth 200k are you going to sell it for 2k to be nice and not "greedy"? I think not.
    Normally those 200k for 2k are people who just forgot to a zero or two it happens
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    303 Posts

The economy is good in SL. Its the people that bought millions of gold with platinum in PL that caused heavy inflation there. Thats why the max amount of credits per purchase is 35,000 and should stay 35,000.

Visit the SL Lore thread for more knowledge on the history behind SL! (Click me!)
    Visit the official Infinite Union Website to join the tribe, hang out, or chat in the forums!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cahaun View Post
    The economy is good in SL. Its the people that bought millions of gold with platinum in PL that caused heavy inflation there. Thats why the max amount of credits per purchase is 35,000 and should stay 35,000.
    if the problem is buying gold how does making people buy that gold or credits in smaller chunks improve anything?
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

More credits in circulation means prices go up and less credits mean prices go down.

* at least I think
    Last edited by starsavior; 10-14-2011 at 01:44 PM.