Thread: Just a few questions concerning a 61 Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    296 Posts

Default Just a few questions concerning a 61 Rogue

Hola mi amigos, just wanted to ask a few questions as I am hoping to log into the game for reasons other than just to check the CS:

-What gears does a capped rogue use lately? (Note: I want to PvP, not necessarily hardcore, but I would like to be able to join a zone and wreck s**t up without getting my own bottom constantly handed to me) So basically I won't bother spending on things like a haste set/para items but I want to be able to hold myself in a fair situation. If I find this to be fun, I may consider further expenses.

-PVP Question Team Wise, is Shady n Surge's aa viable? Just want to know because its fun to use and I'm assuming most teams would already have the Nekro's to cover shield rotations, if not should I bother levelling up Sam for his passive?

-PVE Question I have barely played the new expansion maps, I have like 150 points... how long would it take to get to the highest tier? Probably spending like 30min-1hr every 2-3 days on pve

Basic Builds for either PVP would be awesome as my knowledge for it is limited!

Any other stuff I may need to know would be awesome, thanks

-Hail

Disclaimer: I am not Spanish
    - (un) Retired -

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Currently used Gears - Dusk/luminary (Lvl 57-61)

PVE:- Each Rank has particular amount of points to reach it.

- Apprentice - 2K Points
    - Acolyte - 6K Points
    - Advocate - 16K Points
    - Disciple - 30K points
    - Lightbearer - 55K Points
    - Lightbearer Elite - 110K Points
    - Exalted Ranks (Luminous Templar or Dark Apostle) - N/A

Depends upon where u grind coz i feel that graveyard has more mobs compared to Mausoleum, u can earn more points in grave. If u wanna grind to make gold better run in mausoleum as they got good drops(Legendaries) plus new mythic armor in mausoleum(4th floor).
    U not only need points to unlock Mausoleum u also need to to purchase tokens spending Balance tokens (u gotta buy badges of each n every rank to unlock every floor). If u r Acolyte u need to have the badge of Apprentice to buy Acolyte rank Badge.

Not a pro guide though but, hope it Helps.
    Last edited by Ceuidear; 12-31-2016 at 02:47 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ceuidear For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I don't see many Shady and surge in endgame PvP, well i don't PvP much either because of event but i think it may be useful in clash since already many players use nekro and glowstick in clash. Speed set is good in PvP but one bad move and you're death since your HP isn't that big with average gear (5-5.5k hp with nekro). If you don't want spend much money at first then I would suggest you to get potency/brutality set level 58/59. I was doing good with it until i got my 61lvl set. Planar pendant and arcane ring with excellent jewels or higher is must IMO. Using some excellent or higher natures isn't bad idea either. I use 58 belt tactic for more mana with speed set. I had Elon but i felt like my mana is too low. I balanced out stat with natures and finesse. I use daggers 59 lvl because I've got gold loot there and 2% all stat, that's enough for me to PvP sometimes. I use MM HB because of twink i have. I tried nox mastery 10/10 and packs 7/10 but it's giving less mana than i expected. I might try some other masteries soon

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsAnnoying For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

PvP: (Gear)
    -Weapon: Dusk Dagger Pot. The awaken should have at least 2.5% or 3% all stats in the 1st slot, The second slot its up to u on what u need.
    -Armor & Helm: When you need some crit you could use Lumi/ Dusk Tactic Helm and Lumi/ Dusk Brut Armor(To balance your hp and mana). Or u could just use Brut and Pot.
    -Belt: I havent seen the enlightened belt for Rog type, but I prefer Mastery Belt, since that is the one I use.
    -Ring: Arcane Ring
    -Pend: PP or AP its up to u.

+House Locations if u have alot of budget go for tavern and all location
    +Jewels: Preferred jewel is Exc Fin or higher.

*Shady n Surge is good. But its better if you use nekro, just in case you bump into random clashes. You'll be fine with nekro. Glowstik if u have alot of budget. ($$$)
    *You could Lvl up sam, its better if you put either SNS or MM in its Happiness Bonus and Nekro or Glowstik in its AA.

*This is just my own opinion and experience*

Best of Luck in Endgame!
    Last edited by Cons; 12-30-2016 at 06:36 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cons For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hail View Post
    Hola mi amigos, just wanted to ask a few questions as I am hoping to log into the game for reasons other than just to check the CS:

-What gears does a capped rogue use lately? (Note: I want to PvP, not necessarily hardcore, but I would like to be able to join a zone and wreck s**t up without getting my own bottom constantly handed to me) So basically I won't bother spending on things like a haste set/para items but I want to be able to hold myself in a fair situation. If I find this to be fun, I may consider further expenses.

lvl 61 dusk daggers of pot/brut, lvl 61 dusk/luminary helm and armor of pot/brut(or arcane armor if ur rich). Elon mastery belt if u cant get the lvl 61. Speed set really is great on rogue, I havent pvped without it but arcring/planar/arc pendant can give great stats.

-PVP Question Team Wise, is Shady n Surge's aa viable? Just want to know because its fun to use and I'm assuming most teams would already have the Nekro's to cover shield rotations, ifnot should I bother levelling up Sam for his passive?

Tbh not really. Rogues are 1 shot anyways so the heal isnt that helpful plus pvp is mostly in tdm. Could be useful in ctf tho.

-PVE Question I have barely played the new expansion maps, I have like 150 points... how long would it take to get to the highest tier? Probably spending like 30min-1hr every 2-3 days on pve

1 hour a day u will maybe get 1k points if ur lucky with pugs. Soo that will definitely not be enough if u plan to get the mythics and stuff with tokens.

Basic Builds for either PVP would be awesome as my knowledge for it is limited!

Any other stuff I may need to know would be awesome, thanks

-Hail

Disclaimer: I am not Spanish
    Responses in bold
    Last edited by Lawpvp; 12-30-2016 at 12:56 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lawpvp For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Welcome back Hail to end game

Mana can be an issue at end game for rogue. Dusk/Luminary pot sets help, I also use the venom haste necklace int type in my speed set. When not using speed I use my planar pendant. I recently upgraded to the lvl61 Enlightened belt. For weaps I use the dusk pot sets.

As far as catching up on maus points, don't worry you will get there. At one point you can buy maus points thru the quartermasters.

Enjoy!
    Avy
    12-2012

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

People have already answered most of the stuff.

Just wanted to address the SnS question.

No. Please do not use SnS AA in PvP. Like lawpvp said, most of the times rogues are 1 combo killed and SnS won't change that. It may help mages and tanks, but even a slink or korruption will help a lot more.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingofninjas For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    296 Posts

Thanks all for the responses Will definitely take them into consideration when I decide to finish levelling.

Also Happy New Years!!! (Currently 1am in 2017 here)
    - (un) Retired -

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ceuidear View Post

- Apprentice - Forgotten
    - Acolyte - 15K Points
    - Disciple - 25K Points

Depends upon where u grind coz i feel that graveyard has more mobs compared to Mausoleum, u can earn more points in grave. If u wanna grind to make gold better run in mausoleum as they got good drops(Legendaries) plus new mythic armor in mausoleum(4th floor).
    U not only need points to unlock Mausoleum u also need to to purchase tokens spending Balance tokens (u gotta buy badges of each n every rank to unlock every floor). If u r Acolyte u need to have the badge of Apprentice to buy Acolyte rank Badge.

how about Advocate?.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ceuidear View Post

- Apprentice - Forgotten
    - Acolyte - 15K Points
    - Disciple - 25K Points

Lol acolyte isnt 15k

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

Name:  1483224372707.jpg
Views: 318
Size:  204.0 KB

Isianl kindly made this and shared it on our guild Line chat. If I'm not mistaken you need at least Lightbearer to take the quest line for Exalted.
    Last edited by ilhanna; 01-01-2017 at 12:37 AM.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ilhanna For This Useful Post: