Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Regarding curse mage in Graveyard...again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Default Regarding curse mage in Graveyard...again

since countless threads have been made regarding mages curse in graveyard one shotting players .00002 seconds after u are told u have curse on you, i figured it was time ot make another one.

@devs is it really too much to ask for a response regarding this? all of arlor would greatly appreciate a warning like that given to aimed shot or some such thing. Its absolute bs to die because in between the time ive fired a skill and it hitting the enemy i get cursed and 1 shot. First off, why in the world does it 1 shot so frequently when its a regular mob? Imo nothing should 1 shot players except bosses, and even those are irritating as hell because the red zones are innacurate. I loved pve in Pocket legends, pve in arlor brings little more frustration. Do you guys play your own game? Do I need to make a video showing how unfair 90% of deaths to the curse are? just a few minutes ago I died to curse, prompting me to make this thread, and I didnt even click anything my between the time I was cursed and the time I died, which was about .5 seconds. dying due to actions before the game even tells me im cursed is bs. And no it wasnt from nox poison damage.

pls any kind of response would be appreciated. Imo they have ignored it because they don't want the maps to be too easy for people to run. But bs 1 shots is not how to make pve maps more difficult.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Deleted.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

This map is easy if you know how to play. Keep your distance or use pet that prevent/decrease mobs ability to use their skills.
    [Newcomx, Newcomy, & Newcomz]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

JustG's response would be you'll be fine..

"The nightmare never ends"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to nightmaresmoke For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nightmaresmoke View Post
    JustG's response would be you'll be fine..
    Not sure he should respond this, cause the thread has its point:
    The game happens on the server (that's where you are cursed). Because the message appears on the client, and because of the ping(lag), you understand that you are cursed with some latency, 0.2 secs for instance, depends on your ping. And in this 0.2 seconds it is more likely that you to fire some attack than not to - boom, down, and you could do nothing about it cause you didn't knew you are already cursed.
    (note:for instance 200 ping means 200 milliseconds which is 0.2 sec for the packet and the response to travel between client and server)
    Last edited by voidPtr; 12-31-2016 at 03:57 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voidPtr View Post
    The game happens on the server (that's where you are cursed). Because the message appears on the client, and because of the ping(lag), you understand that you are cursed with some latency, 0.2 secs for instance, depends on your ping. And in this 0.2 seconds it is more likely that you to fire some attack than not to - boom, down.
    Then just wait for justg's real response im just imitating he's usual response lol

"The nightmare never ends"

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

possible, but he shouldn't imo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

I agree that a notification BEFORE i died would be appreciated.
    Right now it's like this: "Died, 1 second later -> You've been cursed -> thanks for info"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

legend says, "use nilbog and you will be fine"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

can we just get the curse skill icon on top of the undead mage so we know it going to hit us soon just like the aim shot

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Even the bombs in glintstone give u some kind of warning, the curse mages in graveyard are just stupid

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Last time i checked, the mage curse in graveyard doesn't one shot you (at least for a mage).

Its normal attack isn't high enough to one shot. Nor is the curse reflect off A SINGLE hit from you.

Chances are, you probably received multiple reflects from you performing a combo or dot skills, or you got hit by other mobs while you received the reflect and it appears as if it's a one shot.

Unless you still gets one shot in a 1v1 situation, it's not an one shot .....

Here's a video to back up my claim:
    (curse damage at 1:46)
    Last edited by eugene9707; 12-31-2016 at 06:03 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eugene9707 View Post
    Last time i checked, the mage curse in graveyard doesn't one shot you (at least for a mage).

Its normal attack isn't high enough to one shot. Nor is the curse reflect off A SINGLE hit from you.

Chances are, you probably received multiple reflects from you performing a combo or dot skills, or you got hit by other mobs while you received the reflect and it appears as if it's a one shot.

Unless you still gets one shot in a 1v1 situation, it's not an one shot .....

Here's a video to back up my claim:
    (curse damage at 1:46)
    And i can make a video showing multiple times i go 100-0 without using any skills or attacks after im cursed, not dying from nox dmg, or the curse cloud and notification showing up after im dead

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lawpvp View Post
    And i can make a video showing multiple times i go 100-0 without using any skills or attacks after im cursed, not dying from nox dmg, or the curse cloud and notification showing up after im dead
    I have seen lots of rogues still surviving while they are cursed in graveyard.
    Prove your claim and post your video if u can if not stop your crying and ask other few pro pve rogues how they are surviving in those maps.
    As far as I know those few cursed mages are easy to avoid in graveyard.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

All drama aside, a tank with immortal blade can stun the course mages every time before they do the bad thing. It's not the fastest setup, but it saves ankhs....

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voidPtr View Post
    The game happens on the server (that's where you are cursed). Because the message appears on the client, and because of the ping(lag), you understand that you are cursed with some latency, 0.2 secs for instance, depends on your ping. And in this 0.2 seconds it is more likely that you to fire some attack than not to - boom, down, and you could do nothing about it cause you didn't knew you are already cursed.
    (note:for instance 200 ping means 200 milliseconds which is 0.2 sec for the packet and the response to travel between client and server)
    This is very true and happens to me alot of times. I am rogue. When i see a mage i will usually aimed, then sp combo him, before he even gets aggroed. After the combo i'll wait for him to curse, then i'll finish him off. But at times, beofore i even aggroed the mage, and i do my combo, i'll get cursed right after i've sp and still somehow die, even tho i did not attack after my combo.

Some will say "use nilbog or glowstik" i've tried nilbog, its not very reliable, as a rogue, i try to target mages first. At times the nilbog's pool will not be where i need it to be. However glowstik is very useful, but since its a relatively new pet, not much has it. Imho, the only way i find it easy to kill mages withour getting curse is when having a mage in the party. The CC stuns really help. Other than that, its hard to counter them. Sure, maby 4 nilbogs will be able to counter them but its really unreasonable.

I believe the purple aura below the mage means they still have'nt cursed. But again, its unreliable. As at times, i get cursed only after waiting for 4-10 seconds of not attacking. I think it will be great if the mage curse can have a warning like aimed shot.

Some may argue they find mages not a problem. But it really is a problem in pugs with under geared players. I play in pugs at times and in well geared parties at times. I die almost 2 times more in pugs that in parties. Yes, in a well geared party with glowstiks, nekro, and a good mage, the mages are'nt really that much of a problem. But in pugs, i die too much by mages.

Ps. For the non rogues, yes nilbog is VERY useful for mages/warriors, as you dont really have to position your self much, and you can just walk towards the pool. However, for rogues who auctually does their job as a rogue (for example, killing mages first as an priority target, since you can kill them fast) will understand what i mean. We have to position our self close to the mage, to make sure aimed and sp targets the mage.
    Don't say we're crying. Why not auctually do your job as an rogue and target mages instead of standing back and running away once you have pierced into some random mobs.
    Last edited by Daggee; 12-31-2016 at 11:09 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daggee View Post
    This is very true and happens to me alot of times. I am rogue. When i see a mage i will usually aimed, then sp combo him, before he even gets aggroed. After the combo i'll wait for him to curse, then i'll finish him off. But at times, beofore i even aggroed the mage, and i do my combo, i'll get cursed right after i've sp and still somehow die, even tho i did not attack after my combo.
    If a player uses any type of D.o.T. skills including pets aa, around mob mages, that player can get cursed if close enough to the caster.

Some will say "use nilbog or glowstik" i've tried nilbog, its not very reliable, as a rogue, i try to target mages first. At times the nilbog's pool will not be where i need it to be. However glowstik is very useful, but since its a relatively new pet, not much has it. Imho, the only way i find it easy to kill mages withour getting curse is when having a mage in the party. The CC stuns really help. Other than that, its hard to counter them. Sure, maby 4 nilbogs will be able to counter them but its really unreasonable.
    From using nilbog, its my experience that it is not his pool that protects from curse. (Tested this solo and in party) The pools slow, and do damage to mobs. When a player uses nilbog's aa, that player will see a purple black icon type of key at their feet. *see example below* That signifies D.o.T. immunity for 5 seconds has been granted. (The same icon use see when you use kettle.)

Name:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  160.3 KB

When I see a mob mage, I will use nil/glow's aa as soon as I see it aggro'd. I don't always worry about the mob mages first, if a witch is in cluster, I use glow's aa, sneak by and take out the witch before it nerfs my teams' dmg.

In maus 3&4 rogues should not rush the mobs without a mage or tank next to you, who has skills that stun and or freeze. The dusk bow is handy at this time, as charging its auto attack will stun mobs quite often.

Ps. For the non rogues, yes nilbog is VERY useful for mages/warriors, as you dont really have to position your self much, and you can just walk towards the pool. However, for rogues who auctually does their job as a rogue (for example, killing mages first as an priority target, since you can kill them fast) will understand what i mean. We have to position our self close to the mage, to make sure aimed and sp targets the mage.
    Don't say we're crying. Why not auctually do your job as an rogue and target mages instead of standing back and running away once you have pierced into some random mobs.
    I disagree with your non rogue comment. Nilbog's aa is very good for any class in the Somberhalt maps. His aa even removes spiders' cocoons. We also don't need to position ourselves close to the mages unless we carry daggers, even then we can kite if it's necessary. Kiting prevents un-needed deaths, if you are pugging/runnin with randoms with all rogues in map expect this, as its hard to do cc with a full house of rogues. Again the dusk bow is handy at this time as charging its auto attack will stun mobs quite often.

These maps are about team mechanics, skills, weaps, and timing of pets. No more button smashing, and no more summoning pets as soon as cd is done.

If you have not noticed yet, if teams stick to one side of the corridors, the mob tanks will fire their cross bow attack and bombs off to the side reducing the area of attack.

I do agree that there are deaths happening out of red zone, and I too have seen "you have been cursed" after dying right before I see the revive window. I have gotten killed way out of red zone by the mob tank(s) bombs. This getting one hit out of red zone issue does need to be looked at. Seems similar to the Glinstone era when we saw the same thing.

(Btw don't forget about the twin, and triple razor using rogues!! They gang!)
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    If a player uses any type of D.o.T. skills including pets aa, around mob mages, that player can get cursed if close enough to the caster.

From using nilbog, its my experience that it is not his pool that protects from curse. (Tested this solo and in party) The pools slow, and do damage to mobs. When a player uses nilbog's aa, that player will see a purple black icon type of key at their feet. *see example below* That signifies D.o.T. immunity for 5 seconds has been granted. (The same icon use see when you use kettle.)

Name:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 353
Size:  160.3 KB

When I see a mob mage, I will use nil/glow's aa as soon as I see it aggro'd. I don't always worry about the mob mages first, if a witch is in cluster, I use glow's aa, sneak by and take out the witch before it nerfs my teams' dmg.

In maus 3&4 rogues should not rush the mobs without a mage or tank next to you, who has skills that stun and or freeze. The dusk bow is handy at this time, as charging its auto attack will stun mobs quite often.

I disagree with your non rogue comment. Nilbog's aa is very good for any class in the Somberhalt maps. His aa even removes spiders' cocoons. We also don't need to position ourselves close to the mages unless we carry daggers, even then we can kite if it's necessary. Kiting prevents un-needed deaths, if you are pugging/runnin with randoms with all rogues in map expect this, as its hard to do cc with a full house of rogues. Again the dusk bow is handy at this time as charging its auto attack will stun mobs quite often.

These maps are about team mechanics, skills, weaps, and timing of pets. No more button smashing, and no more summoning pets as soon as cd is done.

If you have not noticed yet, if teams stick to one side of the corridors, the mob tanks will fire their cross bow attack and bombs off to the side reducing the area of attack.

I do agree that there are deaths happening out of red zone, and I too have seen "you have been cursed" after dying right before I see the revive window. I have gotten killed way out of red zone by the mob tank(s) bombs. This getting one hit out of red zone issue does need to be looked at. Seems similar to the Glinstone era when we saw the same thing.

(Btw don't forget about the twin, and triple razor using rogues!! They gang!)
    Oops, sorry my bad on not researching about nilbog's aa. I also don't know how to break up quotes too :/ this might be a little messy.

My point is that, even after i see my aimed landed and my sp landed, before i even aggro the mage, i get cursed immediately after and die. Which i dont really get, since i only used aimed and sp. I did'nt even auto attack.

I do target witches first, but i was generally talking about mages, so i did'nt rly want to talk abt witches.

About the bow part. Yes i see how bows may help. However i find it hard to kill a mage without position myself right beside the mage. My skills will usually fly to a pot (lol). At times, even facing and standing right beside it, my aimed still managed to get to a mob behind. My main point is, a bow is'nt very liable to target a certain mob, which is why i'm not a big fan of it. It may just be my too aggressive playstyle, wanting to rush into a crowd of mob blindly. I'll keep in mind to play less aggressively next time in pugs. Basicly, my main point is with bows, it's hard to target a mage and not ending up hitting pots or other mobs.

I'll give nilbog's aa another chance after what you've mentioned.

Ps. I don't get what you're talking about the razor rogues. I don't think i've encountered a problem with then. What do they do anyways?
    Last edited by Daggee; 01-01-2017 at 02:15 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lawpvp View Post
    Its not like im dying every minute, in fact i rarely die from them, but 90% of the times i do it is entirely unavoidable. Countless other players have shared the same experience. Tanks have been instakilled aswell. Pve in this game isnt as good as pve in Pocket legends and I'm giving suggestions to improve it. You tell me not to cry, because you like all the other immature 10 year olds dont understand the meaning of "crying" and you interpret words being typed on a public forum as "crying" which does nothing but create useless drama.

maybe you can stop crying about rogues in pvp because they farmed u in twinks, like I did personally for a long time, and you continue to be farmed at endgame. Gtfo
    When I see your same topic thread every week then that's crying. Don't talk like a big shot here. Whenever I see your crying thread it's ok for you but whenever other people complain about something you have a big problem. I smell big ego and selfish coming from your thread.

Let me remind you we are not talking about pvp here. We played with different gears when we were twink and I am playing different class so there is no comparison to be made. Tell your guild mages to duel me I am always ready for duel as for clash I am not from pvp guild like you who attack randoms in a group.

Grow up your attitude. I don't how many times u wanna get banne.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to yubaraj For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

My point is that, even after i see my aimed landed and my sp landed, before i even aggro the mage, i get cursed immediately after and die. Which i dont really get, since i only used aimed and sp. I did'nt even auto attack.
    Once your aimed shot hits the mage you grabbed all aggro if you don't have a tank or mage beside you.

I do target witches first, but i was generally talking about mages, so i did'nt rly want to talk abt witches.

About the bow part. Yes i see how bows may help. However i find it hard to kill a mage without position myself right beside the mage. My skills will usually fly to a pot (lol). At times, even facing and standing right beside it, my aimed still managed to get to a mob behind. My main point is, a bow is'nt very liable to target a certain mob, which is why i'm not a big fan of it. It may just be my too aggressive playstyle, wanting to rush into a crowd of mob blindly. I'll keep in mind to play less aggressively next time in pugs. Basicly, my main point is with bows, it's hard to target a mage and not ending up hitting pots or other mobs.
    Again this is where team mechanics come into play. Maus maps are not designed to solo or rush attack mobs. If you are running random maps before rushing into the dungeon, assess what skills your map mates are using. Then you can choose how you can best apply skills without wiping out your whole team.

Ps. I don't get what you're talking about the razor rogues. I don't think i've encountered a problem with then. What do they do anyways?
    Anyone who has played maus has encounterd the mob rogues that use the razor shield skill. Their skill does what your razor skill does. I have not had the chance to ask any mob rogues if they use full mastery on their razor shield upgrade, lol. Generally they gang at a "T" intersection in maus 4, but this can be avoided by not pulling this entire intersection.

Back to my quote
    Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    I noticed more issues with the above quote yesterday when I ran all maps not just maus. I also had lag issues yesterday. One thing I over looked, was that I had my iphone near my ipad, my phone's personal hotspot was on. From past experience, this interfered with my wifi signal. I just disabled it now, I am now not seeing ping spikes. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying this is what the OP issues are, but I am quite certain this is why I was plagued yesterday.
    Last edited by Avaree; 01-01-2017 at 09:52 AM.
    Avy
    12-2012