Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Eggstravaganza 2.0

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    1)There are a lot of possibilities for a very cheap pet setup to circumvent the course mage deaths with pets on budget... since pet prices did not recover from last eggstravaganza. Look at any Course mage thread for help on this.

2) Do you really argue here (without knowing the specific implementation) that a *constructed* quest system to limit steady influx of eggs in lower dungeons f.e. would somehow flush the market with legendaries, but let mythics/arcanes skyrocket? What we are asking/proposing here is to adjust the limit of influx to the economical needs, to make farming worthwhile, no less, no more. How can you declare it failed in advance? What about last eggstravaganza, uhm, did it not somehow kill all market?
    1). i can look, but that doesn't mean everyone else in the game does.

2) what i'm asking is a few days..and we move on lol. I don't argue, just saying what I have seen in all the years I have been playing STS games. if all the players were to do the missions the majority would receive rare/legendary..it would kill that market for those even more..and make those arcane/mythic lose value faster. what many here can also agree with is just having a few days...not a whole year. as far as killing the last market with this event..it just flushed out the hoarders..and made the pets more reasonable for gold. if these pets were vanity's and didn't have stats I would careless. But pets play a huge part of success in AL.

a constructed system with a player with many alts should help with farming these pets, maybe we can do away with this 2.0..and have a quest...ok..im all up for it.
    are you mad..you seem mad lol. I can give u a hug.
    Last edited by octavos; 01-12-2017 at 05:13 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post

a constructed system with a player with many alts........ .
    ^^ that there is one reason why I am against this. Players with multiple devices could have exploited the last egg thief. I saw one player not too long ago state he/she can run 13 toons at one time. So among many other reasons, and this too, no thank you to a random spawning, egg dropping boss.

Name:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 219
Size:  891.1 KB
    Last edited by Avaree; 01-13-2017 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Added screen shot of conversation
    Avy
    12-2012

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

1). i can look, but that doesn't mean everyone else in the game does.

2) what i'm asking is a few days..and we move on lol. I don't argue, just saying what I have seen in all the years I have been playing STS games. if all the players were to do the missions the majority would receive rare/legendary..it would kill that market for those even more..and make those arcane/mythic lose value faster. what many here can also agree with is just having a few days...not a whole year. as far as killing the last market with this event..it just flushed out the hoarders..and made the pets more reasonable for gold. if these pets were vanity's and didn't have stats I would careless. But pets play a huge part of success in AL.

a constructed system with a player with many alts should help with farming these pets, maybe we can do away with this 2.0..and have a quest...ok..im all up for it.
    are you mad..you seem mad lol. I can give u a hug.
    I am not mad at all, save your hugs please!

My viewpoint is that of someone who loves to play pve with friends. Yes, we run these maps and enjoy it. And i have always advocated to have several tiers of rewards for running elites. From the lowest income to make up for the loss in ankhs to middle tier drops like legendary eggs for example till the highest tier, banished, antignome, mythics, arcanes,...

My idea is, elite farming should generally generate income with the occasional medium and rare big bump.

But since the first thief event i see a culture here on forum to just campaign for the next free thing, coming from players who can't be bothered to run these maps to achieve things. And sorry, as long as i am here i will give my feedback to this and try to keep farming worthwhile outside of events (and i am very happy we have knowledgeable players like Goodsyntax again on forum to explain in details what's wrong with farming now).

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    ^^ that there is one reason why I am against this. Players with multiple devices could have exploited the last egg thief. I saw one player not too long ago state they can run 13 toons at one time. So among many other reasons, and this too, no thank you to a random spawning, egg dropping boss.
    now imagine if there was a quest like this...and i have quite a few alts (15-20)all they would have to do daily/weekly is a quest. for the pets of AL. if the quest didn't give an egg to sell..that would be perfect.

I am not mad at all, save your hugs please!

My viewpoint is that of someone who loves to play pve with friends. Yes, we run these maps and enjoy it. And i have always advocated to have several tiers of rewards for running elites. From the lowest income to make up for the loss in ankhs to middle tier drops like legendary eggs for example till the highest tier, banished, antignome, mythics, arcanes,...

My idea is, elite farming should generally generate income with the occasional medium and rare big bump.

But since the first thief event i see a culture here on forum to just campaign for the next free thing, coming from players who can't be bothered to run these maps to achieve things. And sorry, as long as i am here i will give my feedback to this and try to keep farming worthwhile outside of events (and i am very happy we have knowledgeable players like Goodsyntax again on forum to explain in details what's wrong with farming now).
    my view is for low end players (with family's and no real time to devote to farming), and always will be. Farming isn't bad...its that things get outdated and are not useful for new caps. But adding a "quest" to make this permanent would make things worse. If an event can help these players faster im all up for it. maybe better parties...but meh its all about the gold lol
    Last edited by octavos; 01-12-2017 at 05:59 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Default Eggstravaganza 2.0

now imagine if there was a quest like this...and i have quite a few alts (15-20)all they would have to do daily/weekly is a quest.

my view is for low end players (with family's and no real time to devote to farming), and always will be. Farming isn't bad...its that things get outdated and are not useful for new caps. But adding a "quest" to make this permanent would make things worse. If an event can help these players faster im all up for it.
    1) Quest is only an example, imagine a quest involving 20 mausoleum 5 bosses. You probably could do them in 24h on all alts, but then i would say you deserve all loot. It s just a matter of picking the right quest / mode of distribution.

2) MMOs are here to grind together. It is debatable to what extend on a mobile, but take a look at the current community goal and you will find out it is not for casuals this season at least. I have no problem at all with the argument there should be rewards for all tiers of players (lots of events did that great.) But i will always advocate for pve elite farming as one vital half of the game. And it is an Mmo, not a match 3 puzzler you pick up and drop within minutes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

now imagine if there was a quest like this...and i have quite a few alts (15-20)all they would have to do daily/weekly is a quest.
    If you want to grind a quest on all your alts go for it, I was referring to the egg thief that dropped an egg for every player at once, no matter wha, it dropped an egg x 4, one for all party mates.

But adding a "quest" to make this permanent would make things worse. If an event can help these players faster im all up for it.
    Look at the prices now of the pets that are dropped by mobs, bosses, bought with tokens.
    E.g, Breeze egg now 124.9k- was 350k+ before the eggstravaganza.

There are quarterly events that offer good eggs by reaching a certain tier, purchase with event tokens, and or boss drops already.
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

If you want to grind a quest on all your alts go for it, I was referring to the egg thief that dropped an egg for every player at once, no matter wha, it dropped an egg x 4, one for all party mates.

Look at the prices now of the pets that are dropped by mobs, bosses, bought with tokens.

There are quarterly events that offer good eggs by reaching a certain tier, purchase with event tokens, and or boss drops already.
    yup, and i love it..no disagreement with you there.

1) Quest is only an example, imagine a quest involving 20 mausoleum 5 bosses. You probably could do them in 24h on all alts, but then i would say you deserve all loot. It s just a matter of picking the right quest / mode of distribution.

2) MMOs are here to grind together. It is debatable to what extend on a mobile, but take a look at the current community goal and you will find out it is not for casuals this season at least. I have no problem at all with the argument there should be rewards for all tiers of players (lots of events did that great.) But i will always advocate for pve elite farming as one vital half of the game. And it is an Mmo, not a match 3 puzzler you pick up and drop within minutes.
    1) if the loot grants an un-tradeable pet...just stashable..it would be fantastic. this wouldn't modify the economy a bit. even if we were to have this event again. that might be the best solution for us who want the event, and not effect the game economy.

2) Casuals are what make the game profitable. They buy the plat that the best players don't really have to worry about selling there hard earned stuff. I agree with the elite farming, I don't disagree with you at all. but the rewards are set for the elite, and the best should come from that. but even in the simplest of games, you could obtain the best without that much effort. anything that can be grinded for on hours on end will eventually let out rewards. But many don't have that luxury...well I don't anyway lol.
    Last edited by octavos; 01-12-2017 at 06:27 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Default Eggstravaganza 2.0

yup, and i love it..no disagreement with you there.

1) if the loot grants an un-tradeable pet...just stashable..it would be fantastic. this wouldn't modify the economy a bit. even if we were to have this event again.

2) Casuals are what make the game profitable. They buy the plat that the best players don't really have to worry about selling there hard earned stuff. I agree with the elite farming, I don't disagree with you at all. but the rewards are set for the elite, and the best should come from that. but even in the simplest of games, you could obtain the best without that much effort. anything that can be grinded for on hours on end will eventually let out rewards. But many don't have that luxury...well I don't anyway lol.
    Big investment of time = high revenue chance

Low investment of time = low revenue chance

Plat is a shortcut

Freak luck is a shortcut

What's wrong with that model?

The only thing i am opposing is rewarding players for not playing the game and devaluing items the others worked hard for, because it would make playing pve outside events pointless. What about recommendations for events to extend farming opportunities instead of replacing whats here? Remember sts can create whatever they want.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

core issue; egg availability

Possible solutions:
    A) "event" - weekend or event
    B) game introduction - farmable or quest
    C) crates - currently
    *ignoring pets that do drop currently as they're stat inferior*

Problems associated;
    A) market devaluation/ disturbance , also any temporary type introduction regardless of event time can be a missed opportunity either for current players and or new players that joined late

B) possible exploitation, devaluation, and economic depression for farming in the long run

C) despite the fact that locks are harder to farm, the price has not risen much at all from the km3 era. I have to imagine that crate poppers don't find much attractive idk

If that's not off base I'd suggest improving the drop rate of locks slightly, introducing more eggs ( or additional goodies) in them & rotating that often. That gives farmers guaranteed income relative to effort (generally w/rng lol), and lock poppers more reason to plat.

Eh?

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Can't remember the parameters but egg tokens was the main point of talk that someone(sorry can't remember you) brought up

There's a way to make this work...

Maybe a crappy little side quest that changes,requiring players to hunt down specific eggs and convert them into tokens.ofc that of which can be later used to purchase (randomly generated egg?)different eggs .so someone can't just turn in 1k deary or the like.

add legendary, mythic, and maybe arcane egg chest(let's make this one SUPER hard) that awards rge(randomly generated egg ^^) of said rarity.

Idk just spitballing of the top of my head on this but I believe the original idea has worth.

Thank you for your time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

^^ that there is one reason why I am against this. Players with multiple devices could have exploited the last egg thief. I saw one player not too long ago state they can run 13 toons at one time. So among many other reasons, and this too, no thank you to a random spawning, egg dropping boss.
    It's just crazy to think there are crazy people out there i barley can maintain one toon let alone thirteen omg lol

"An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, evil for evil"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

We should have that event. Its the change to make people rich. As u can see, making money in al is very hard, so eggstravaganza is acctualy a great event for farming and making money )

Sent from my SM-T116 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Demonnboy View Post
    We should have that event. Its the change to make people rich. As u can see, making money in al is very hard, so eggstravaganza is acctualy a great event for farming and making money )

Sent from my SM-T116 using Tapatalk
    Farming endgame content makes it easy to get some gold. Fact is that we got gold too easily in the past. Thats why it feels so hard now.

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_Z00AD mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts

Couldn't agree more. What's worse are the antignome prices xD
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by intizamfamily888 View Post
    Farming endgame content makes it easy to get some gold. Fact is that we got gold too easily in the past. Thats why it feels so hard now.

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_Z00AD mit Tapatalk
    Farming endgame with gold awakenings makes it easier to earn gold - something like 3k per mauso map (more when you find treasure rooms). Yes, you can certainly grind the new maps and make gold, but without gold awakening, your net income is meager after pots and the occasional ankhs are factored in.

The crux of the problem is that there are less than a dozen legendaries (more like 7 or 8) in the loot table that are considered "desirable". Frankly, as long as there is a clearly obvious 'this is the best gear drop of the season' attitude, once the gear has been acquired by players en masse, value plummets quickly and farming becomes a fruitless endeavor.

I had high hopes on the gear staggering idea that STS had a few seasons ago. I still am of the opinion that 'best' sets should be more subjective and tailored to playstyle. There really isn't any variety in equips by class, because for the most part, we all know what sets are the best and we settle for second tier items when we can't afford the best. Tanks may be the exception because previous level cap weapons (Immortal Corruption/Glintstone Aegis and Immortal Corruption/Dragon Hunter) are perfectly viable at endgame due to their terrific Procs.

Obviously, primary stats are important, but, as evidenced by high value gear from cap-1 and cap-2 seasons, Procs are a huge differentiator and can turn a pedestrian item into a high value OP one. Personally, I'd be very willing to sacrifice stats for a great Proc.

If we can get to the point where we are compelled to swap between three or four sets based on map, boss, environment, etc., then farming becomes much more profitable because not only will everyone want these sets, but they will need to be gemmed, awakened, etc.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

19. The Following User Says Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nightmaresmoke View Post
    ^^ that there is one reason why I am against this. Players with multiple devices could have exploited the last egg thief. I saw one player not too long ago state he/she can run 13 toons at one time. So among many other reasons, and this too, no thank you to a random spawning, egg dropping boss.

Name:  FullSizeRender.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  891.1 KB

It's just crazy to think there are crazy people out there i barley can maintain one toon let alone thirteen omg lol

Added screen shot
    Last edited by Avaree; 01-13-2017 at 07:59 PM.
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Added screen shot
    Omg shock lol 😮

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I think it would be awesome to have another (short) Eggstravaganza event, I missed the first one because I was too low of a lvl to kill the boss, coming in as a new player I feel overwhelmingly at an disadvantage when it comes to having eggs especially those obtained by reaching a certain tier in previous events. +1 for a short Eggstravaganza event no more then once a year, to keep prices in check and help newer players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

No thanks it ruin the economy

Sent from my Polaroid PSPC505 using Tapatalk
    ign: Newbody

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Babyeterne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

no to this for sure...
    let ppl work for their stuff wheres the fun if everything would be for free..

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk