This game needs to survive. Eggstravaganza would not be a long term solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
Economy is not an unimportant point in this discussion. If everyone gets anything without effort in events, pve farming will be meaningless and pvp players can gamble for weapon awakenings instead of eggs as sts as a business has to look for other ways to generate revenue. To be clear, i don' t hoard eggs, i just don't want to see the pve side of this game going down the drain for no reason. I would much rather prefer to make the best eggs rare drops in deeper dungeons to revitalize pve in the long run. Otherwise people will only log for events. Check your friend list...
This ^ and that v

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
Unfortunately, I missed Eggstravaganza 1.0, and as much as I need better pets, my opinion is instead of eggs raining from everywhere, I'd rather see a "chance" as a reward for level appropriate maps and elites.

Maybe something like a portal chance after a boss kill where you get to face a random, appropriately leveled boss (no lv26 Stabb's trying to fight a lv61 party), that will drop a random egg. An alternative could be a daily/weekly quest for a random egg, but the requirements for the quest would be like 10 Elite Glintstone boss essences, meaning you actually have to run it, not just log on to 20 different alts daily. This way, the market won't get flooded, but those that work hard could loot a decent pet, or at least have the chance to turn a good profit.

As much as I would love to be able to buy a bunch of really cheap arcane pets, I think it is not beneficial to the economy. On the flipside, pet hoarding and exclusivity does not help the game either. Arcane egg inventory should be steadily introduced (think drips, not a flood), Mythic eggs should be introduced slightly faster, etc., because afterall, eggs are a consumable commodity in game. Once a pet is hatched, it is no longer available. As new players come in to the game, there will be steady demand. As much as the merches and 1%'ers may complain, attainability is an important ingredient in the game.

The more the best items/pets concentrate into a smaller and smaller pool, the worse the game dynamic becomes. Best gear isn't something that everyone should just get automatically, but grinding, saving and luck should count for something too. I still remember during the Shuyal expansion when Samael was 30m+, Kershals/Mauls even more, but the best elite loot was worthless, it just felt like you could never get there, no matter how much you worked at it. With the huge chasm between Arcane and Legendary gear, what ended up happening is that the hardcores continued to run, because that's what we enjoy, and a good percentage just threw their hands up and went inactive because they didn't see any way to improve. These players already had a full Architect set and Archon ring (the best Legendaries attainable), but Arcanes and even most Mythics were simply out of reach; thus, no incentive to continue running. The only alternatives were to merch, which means contribute more to the problem than the solution, or pop Locked and keep your fingers crossed. Gameplay must amount to something, and must be a viable method to advance in game (which is why I like the rank system). If 24x7 gameplay does nothing other than add to your death count and reduce your savings (pots/ankh/elixirs), then what's the point?

A balance can be achieved. Unless inventory is slowly being added, prices will continue to skyrocket and wealth will just concentrate even more, leaving a larger and larger gap between the rich versus competent, avid gamers.