Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Eggstravaganza 2.0

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Donquixoth View Post
    You will never meet the solution of this since every peoples has the different opinion, lets just wait it will happen or not.
    Smartest answer i've seen so far unlike some others who is just forcing their ideas to others not just simply stating their own opinions, he's right let sts decide it's their game were just players nothing more (unless you have connections) lol just sayin..

"The nightmare never ends"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I agree w this event, good for nob player like me

Sent from my EVERCOSS A65 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    177 Posts

Eggzavier was fun because he spawned and ran away and many times he was missed. The chase made it exciting. The difficulty of maps should be moderate from a universal perspective as it was before, for everyone to be able to participate.

But the duration of the event should be shorter, only 24 - 36 hours to keep the supply limited.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zynzyn View Post
    Eggzavier was fun because he spawned and ran away and many times he was missed. The chase made it exciting. The difficulty of maps should be moderate from a universal perspective as it was before, for everyone to be able to participate.

But the duration of the event should be shorter, only 24 - 36 hours to keep the supply limited.
    The only times I missed was when I was stuck wth players who didn't have speed set in my party. When I ran with all speed set parties, we caught him 100% of the time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

This game needs to survive. Eggstravaganza would not be a long term solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    Economy is not an unimportant point in this discussion. If everyone gets anything without effort in events, pve farming will be meaningless and pvp players can gamble for weapon awakenings instead of eggs as sts as a business has to look for other ways to generate revenue. To be clear, i don' t hoard eggs, i just don't want to see the pve side of this game going down the drain for no reason. I would much rather prefer to make the best eggs rare drops in deeper dungeons to revitalize pve in the long run. Otherwise people will only log for events. Check your friend list...
    This ^ and that v

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    Unfortunately, I missed Eggstravaganza 1.0, and as much as I need better pets, my opinion is instead of eggs raining from everywhere, I'd rather see a "chance" as a reward for level appropriate maps and elites.

Maybe something like a portal chance after a boss kill where you get to face a random, appropriately leveled boss (no lv26 Stabb's trying to fight a lv61 party), that will drop a random egg. An alternative could be a daily/weekly quest for a random egg, but the requirements for the quest would be like 10 Elite Glintstone boss essences, meaning you actually have to run it, not just log on to 20 different alts daily. This way, the market won't get flooded, but those that work hard could loot a decent pet, or at least have the chance to turn a good profit.

As much as I would love to be able to buy a bunch of really cheap arcane pets, I think it is not beneficial to the economy. On the flipside, pet hoarding and exclusivity does not help the game either. Arcane egg inventory should be steadily introduced (think drips, not a flood), Mythic eggs should be introduced slightly faster, etc., because afterall, eggs are a consumable commodity in game. Once a pet is hatched, it is no longer available. As new players come in to the game, there will be steady demand. As much as the merches and 1%'ers may complain, attainability is an important ingredient in the game.

The more the best items/pets concentrate into a smaller and smaller pool, the worse the game dynamic becomes. Best gear isn't something that everyone should just get automatically, but grinding, saving and luck should count for something too. I still remember during the Shuyal expansion when Samael was 30m+, Kershals/Mauls even more, but the best elite loot was worthless, it just felt like you could never get there, no matter how much you worked at it. With the huge chasm between Arcane and Legendary gear, what ended up happening is that the hardcores continued to run, because that's what we enjoy, and a good percentage just threw their hands up and went inactive because they didn't see any way to improve. These players already had a full Architect set and Archon ring (the best Legendaries attainable), but Arcanes and even most Mythics were simply out of reach; thus, no incentive to continue running. The only alternatives were to merch, which means contribute more to the problem than the solution, or pop Locked and keep your fingers crossed. Gameplay must amount to something, and must be a viable method to advance in game (which is why I like the rank system). If 24x7 gameplay does nothing other than add to your death count and reduce your savings (pots/ankh/elixirs), then what's the point?

A balance can be achieved. Unless inventory is slowly being added, prices will continue to skyrocket and wealth will just concentrate even more, leaving a larger and larger gap between the rich versus competent, avid gamers.
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

no game dies just because of an event

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

This was good event for beginners and old players! Hope we see it in future too!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Great events for beginners are the mini events, just to name a few, ankhs dropping from bosses, harvest, gauntlet, arlorian egg hunt, also many seasoned players seem to enjoy this as well. As i previously stated, the eggstravaganza thief was a short term solution, that wasn't a long term fix.

#noeggstravaganza2.0#
    Avy
    12-2012

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Avaree For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Avaree View Post
    Great events for beginners are the mini events, just to name a few, ankhs dropping from bosses, harvest, gauntlet, arlorian egg hunt, also many seasoned players seem to enjoy this as well. As i previously stated, the eggstravaganza thief was a short term solution, that wasn't a long term fix.

#noeggstravaganza2.0#
    Ava dont hate me, but seems only u and few others (rich, plat users) dont want eggstravaganza 2.0!
    Cuz I saw u selling gold nekro, omg u will lose gold if he will be dropped from eggzavier...
    Rich want to stay rich, there will be always separated rich-poor...
    Give the poor people get some gold, at least one quality pet which is useful.
    Why u care about economy I dont know really.
    U playing for u, dont for me.
    I'd say yes to eggstravaganza 2.0!
    Give the chance for all to obtain some good pets!

#yes eggstravaganza 2.0

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to johnycageee For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,353 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnycageee View Post
    Ava dont hate me, but seems only u and few others (rich, plat users) dont want eggstravaganza 2.0!
    Cuz I saw u selling gold nekro, omg u will lose gold if he will be dropped from eggzavier...

#yes eggstravaganza 2.0
    It's Not about me, it's about the community. If everything was just to be given away, why play the game? Just wait, read forums, and log for updates that give free items with zero efforts? Where is the challenge? So, you want everything for free, for everyone, whats to buy and sell? The adventure is gone because all the goals are given for free.

There are soo many ways to make gold in this game, in two/three weeks of time you can afford the most expensive egg in the game easy. You just have to get to the maps and farm. Most everything sells for something, it all adds up in the end.

Btw i pulled my g.nek from cs and slotted in my glow, for mana regen Saves me gold, less pots I have to buy.
    Avy
    12-2012

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Eggstravaganza is kind of like a hurricane after an extended drought.

While introduction of eggs is great, this type of feast or famine cycle isn't good for the economy, most players, or the game at large. Having 10,000 SnS eggs introduced into the economy in a weekend is chaotic and has far too many ripple effects that drag down the price of nearly everything else. My issue with this type of inventory introduction is that the net result becomes the mainstream players are ultimately hurt in the process. Sure, a bunch of mainstream players get one or two good pets or are capable of purchasing a handful of eggs, but the reality is that these are the same players that have to sell off what they have to continue funding their gameplay (pots, ankh, elixirs). Those with a lot of gold reserves buy these eggs (call them merchers/hoarders/speculative investors) and the net result is that as inventory becomes scarce and prices again go up, who stands to profit the most?

Meanwhile, as egg pricing is dropping, it is also dragging down other things like elixirs and ankh, because there is no point in farming. Imagine farming for Symia eggs, and after hundreds of runs, you finally drop one, run to CS and find out it is 25k in auction. Hardly the kind of motivation you need to continue grinding. So, after a hundred runs, thousands of pots pots, dozens of deaths, dozens of ankh, you loot something good and your net revenue is probably -300k....that is bad for the game.

A better solution is as I said earlier in the thread. Either a portal spawn on boss kill, or a difficult daily/weekly quest with a guaranteed Legendary egg and the chance for Mythic and Arcane. This will control the introduction of eggs and reward those that grind (kind of like the 20 elite Nordr boss kills daily granted an EGW back in the day).

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Eggstravaganza is kind of like a hurricane after an extended drought.

While introduction of eggs is great, this type of feast or famine cycle isn't good for the economy, most players, or the game at large. Having 10,000 SnS eggs introduced into the economy in a weekend is chaotic and has far too many ripple effects that drag down the price of nearly everything else. My issue with this type of inventory introduction is that the net result becomes the mainstream players are ultimately hurt in the process. Sure, a bunch of mainstream players get one or two good pets or are capable of purchasing a handful of eggs, but the reality is that these are the same players that have to sell off what they have to continue funding their gameplay (pots, ankh, elixirs). Those with a lot of gold reserves buy these eggs (call them merchers/hoarders/speculative investors) and the net result is that as inventory becomes scarce and prices again go up, who stands to profit the most?

Meanwhile, as egg pricing is dropping, it is also dragging down other things like elixirs and ankh, because there is no point in farming. Imagine farming for Symia eggs, and after hundreds of runs, you finally drop one, run to CS and find out it is 25k in auction. Hardly the kind of motivation you need to continue grinding. So, after a hundred runs, thousands of pots pots, dozens of deaths, dozens of ankh, you loot something good and your net revenue is probably -300k....that is bad for the game.

A better solution is as I said earlier in the thread. Either a portal spawn on boss kill, or a difficult daily/weekly quest with a guaranteed Legendary egg and the chance for Mythic and Arcane. This will control the introduction of eggs and reward those that grind (kind of like the 20 elite Nordr boss kills daily granted an EGW back in the day).
    I have never heard anyone say grinding is fun...ever lol. if it reduces the prices in other aspects its ok to fuel the new gens that will burn plat for other commodities (nothing really that effects game progression)..look at PL and how a renewal of players helped the game as a whole. meaning somethings that new players can get is fantastic IMO. Gold is one thing that can kill the game if there is to much of it...hence the gold vanitys from sir spend. this is an event 1 time a year (2-3 days max), and your proposing a portal that lasts all year...that would make it worse IMO XD.
    Last edited by octavos; 01-12-2017 at 11:54 AM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

16. The Following User Says Thank You to octavos For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by johnycageee View Post

#yes eggstravaganza 2.0
    If u had read other posts Ava has made, you would see she wants good pets to drop off bosses 24/7 every day of the year to make maps worth running. And her selling her gold nekro, wich she payed 2k plat to get is not really selfish at all imo. Its not like sts would make it rain gold nekros if such event would return anyway, if so they would not limit it to the 80 they sold.
    Only thing a new egg event would bring is even more of the pets that allready farmable on the current maps in game, wich noone farm no more since no profit, they rather control crawly, snappy and a few other pets wich there still loades of. Ive sold only a few of the eggs i farmed last time, just moved em to an alt, and undercut high enuff that the controllers dont bother to buy it ( if they buy all snappys and post 2 at 500k i post one at 100k so they cannot say in town: sell snappy 250k its 500k in cs.. and in a day its 30k or so again).

I played last event and think one mythic in 100 or so legis i could have farmed while getting elite aps anyway...

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to illwilly For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    I have never heard anyone say grinding is fun...ever lol.
    Grinding is fun. It just should be rewarded. That's why we play and thats why we promote a steady influx of good items like proposed by Goodsyntax instead of these event rushs.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Grinding is fun. It just should be rewarded. That's why we play and thats why we promote a steady influx of good items like proposed by Goodsyntax instead of these event rushs.
    i stand corrected...1 has said it XD lol. i play..but rarely grind for something that is only beneficial to my character, and seems reasonable to achieve. Events help the people who don't have the specs to run the hard maps. instant gratification will always pass effort. look at plat for gold, locked chests, leveling up characters, xp missions to name a few.

Im glad you and a few others love to grind, but as a mobile..i'll leave grinding for more intense MMOs on PC's. The data AL uses can be costly, So as a mobile hop in/out is what AL is best suited for.

effort should be rewarded if you don't want to pay with hard earned gold. I don't disagree with you. but when the majority don't have the pros stats, that's why many look forward to events.
    Last edited by octavos; 01-12-2017 at 01:25 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

but when the majority don't have the pros stats, that's why many look forward to events.
    Of all seasons, this season stats are no excuse. The legendary gear gives plenty of armor for just a few K, more than enough to run all open maps so far.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

i stand corrected...1 has said it XD lol. i play..but rarely grind for something that is only beneficial to my character, and seems reasonable to achieve. Events help the people who don't have the specs to run the hard maps. instant gratification will always pass effort. look at plat for gold, locked chests, leveling up characters, xp missions to name a few.

Im glad you and a few others love to grind, but as a mobile..i'll leave grinding for more intense MMOs on PC's. The data AL uses can be costly, So as a mobile hop in/out is what AL is best suited for.

effort should be rewarded if you don't want to pay with hard earned gold. I don't disagree with you. but when the majority don't have the pros stats, that's why many look forward to events.
    I started up a new toon, with zero gold, capped relatively quickly (took about two or three weeks, mainly via the Daily XP quests). Saved up enough gold to buy lv60/61 endgame gear, and even though most of it is still ungemmed, I feel that I am capable enough to grind it out with any kind of party.

I have no issue with plat buyers slingshotting their way to the best gear/items....afterall, it is your hard earned cash that gets you there. My point is that there is also a lot of players, good players, that can't/won't use plat and need a way to get to the top through effort alone.

Gaming is like a triangle, you can get to the top in one of three ways. Purchase your way there, grind your way there or get lucky.

Right now, grinding isn't viable as it isn't income positive.

Lucky...but, lucky on what? Arena crates and fossils? Get a Balanced Scale or Husk armor? Sure, I suppose you could get lucky and loot one, but the odds are so stacked against you that it really isn't viable either.

This leaves purchasing as your primary way to get to the top, and that's what I have an issue with. KnK eggs are a good example. How much farming would it take to save up the gold needed to buy KnK from someone that popped locked crates? Even the more pedestrian pets like Nightshade are getting priced beyond the reach of your average mobile gamers (those that can't commit endless hours to grinding).

That's why there should be a mechanism that slowly introduces these types of things into the game, because eggs are a consumable commodity. Each new player that starts the game and opens an egg reduces the total egg inventory. If demand stays the same and inventory becomes scarce, prices go up and fewer and fewer people can afford it, resulting in an increasing concentration of wealth. With steady introduction of inventory, it puts a ceiling on pricing and stops the price escalation spiral. Demand alone will put a floor on pricing, leaving a manageable value range to work with when farming.

If I knew that after 20 Mauso IV runs, I could get to roll for an egg (via a quest), at least it puts a carrot out there for me to chase. But, if the only valuable drops that are out there continue to have lol drop rates, well....that doesn't really motivate anyone either.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Of all seasons, this season stats are no excuse. The legendary gear gives plenty of armor for just a few K, more than enough to run all open maps so far.
    pets make they gear, if they didn't they wouldn't be worth the millions that are XD. this seasons stats are ok to run new maps..considering many threads here are about how dead mages are bad...and how many times you die in these new maps. better pets for players helps with bad gear.

I started up a new toon, with zero gold, capped relatively quickly (took about two or three weeks, mainly via the Daily XP quests). Saved up enough gold to buy lv60/61 endgame gear, and even though most of it is still ungemmed, I feel that I am capable enough to grind it out with any kind of party.

I have no issue with plat buyers slingshotting their way to the best gear/items....afterall, it is your hard earned cash that gets you there. My point is that there is also a lot of players, good players, that can't/won't use plat and need a way to get to the top through effort alone.

Gaming is like a triangle, you can get to the top in one of three ways. Purchase your way there, grind your way there or get lucky.

Right now, grinding isn't viable as it isn't income positive.

Lucky...but, lucky on what? Arena crates and fossils? Get a Balanced Scale or Husk armor? Sure, I suppose you could get lucky and loot one, but the odds are so stacked against you that it really isn't viable either.

This leaves purchasing as your primary way to get to the top, and that's what I have an issue with. KnK eggs are a good example. How much farming would it take to save up the gold needed to buy KnK from someone that popped locked crates? Even the more pedestrian pets like Nightshade are getting priced beyond the reach of your average mobile gamers (those that can't commit endless hours to grinding).

That's why there should be a mechanism that slowly introduces these types of things into the game, because eggs are a consumable commodity. Each new player that starts the game and opens an egg reduces the total egg inventory. If demand stays the same and inventory becomes scarce, prices go up and fewer and fewer people can afford it, resulting in an increasing concentration of wealth. With steady introduction of inventory, it puts a ceiling on pricing and stops the price escalation spiral. Demand alone will put a floor on pricing, leaving a manageable value range to work with when farming.

If I knew that after 20 Mauso IV runs, I could get to roll for an egg (via a quest), at least it puts a carrot out there for me to chase. But, if the only valuable drops that are out there continue to have lol drop rates, well....that doesn't really motivate anyone either.
    Now that's a response . but as a "quest" im saying it makes it worse. this would open the flood gates and make the pets really worthless..even if there is a carrot to chase lol. imagine Nightshade worth as much as dearys...lol..sure ok. lets do it.

lets say we went with this idea...how would it play out... An event that lasts only a weekend would only do this for a short time.
    as for making your quest proposal, this will make legendary really cheap..and mythic/arcane skyrocket because chances of you getting something that valuable will be like a fossil in the arena chests XD, more so if its a guaranteed egg from the quest.
    Last edited by octavos; 01-12-2017 at 04:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

As much as I enjoyed the egg event, and even made a quite nice pocket of gold, I don't think it's the right choice but it's an option.

What I believe, AL needs is new ways to gain a steady stream of income, I know we have maus/graveyard but I just don't think it's a viable option either, cause I don't see the fun in it. (Still play an hour a day of it though for some points)

People are talking about it's bad for the economy which is partially true, but what's the point if nobody can afford them?

I'm not for or against the idea of another egg event, like everything it has its pros and cons but like stated before, STS needs to brainstorm a few ideas on how they can make farming fun and motivating. I'm not saying it needs to be easy but we defo need something new to grind. That's just my opinion.

Rich or not, still love the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

pets make they gear, if they didn't they wouldn't be worth the millions that are XD. this seasons stats are ok to run new maps..considering many threads here are about how dead mages are bad...and how many times you die in these new maps. better pets for players helps with bad gear.

Now that's a response . but as a "quest" im saying it makes it worse. this would open the flood gates and make the pets really worthless..even if there is a carrot to chase lol. imagine Nightshade worth as much as dearys...lol..sure ok. lets do it.

lets say we went with this idea...how would it play out... An event that lasts only a weekend would only do this for a short time.
    as for making your quest proposal, this will make legendary really cheap..and mythic/arcane skyrocket because chances of you getting something that valuable will be like a fossil in the arena chests XD, more so if its a guaranteed egg from the quest.
    1)There are a lot of possibilities for a very cheap pet setup to circumvent the course mage deaths with pets on budget... since pet prices did not recover from last eggstravaganza. Look at any Course mage thread for help on this.

2) Do you really argue here (without knowing the specific implementation) that a *constructed* quest system to limit steady influx of eggs in lower dungeons f.e. would somehow flush the market with legendaries, but let mythics/arcanes skyrocket? What we are asking/proposing here is to adjust the limit of influx to the economical needs, to make farming worthwhile, no less, no more. How can you declare it failed in advance? What about last eggstravaganza, uhm, did it not somehow kill all market?