Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Eggstravaganza 2.0

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

As much as I enjoyed the egg event, and even made a quite nice pocket of gold, I don't think it's the right choice but it's an option.

What I believe, AL needs is new ways to gain a steady stream of income, I know we have maus/graveyard but I just don't think it's a viable option either, cause I don't see the fun in it. (Still play an hour a day of it though for some points)

People are talking about it's bad for the economy which is partially true, but what's the point if nobody can afford them?

I'm not for or against the idea of another egg event, like everything it has its pros and cons but like stated before, STS needs to brainstorm a few ideas on how they can make farming fun and motivating. I'm not saying it needs to be easy but we defo need something new to grind. That's just my opinion.

Rich or not, still love the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

core issue; egg availability

Possible solutions:
    A) "event" - weekend or event
    B) game introduction - farmable or quest
    C) crates - currently
    *ignoring pets that do drop currently as they're stat inferior*

Problems associated;
    A) market devaluation/ disturbance , also any temporary type introduction regardless of event time can be a missed opportunity either for current players and or new players that joined late

B) possible exploitation, devaluation, and economic depression for farming in the long run

C) despite the fact that locks are harder to farm, the price has not risen much at all from the km3 era. I have to imagine that crate poppers don't find much attractive idk

If that's not off base I'd suggest improving the drop rate of locks slightly, introducing more eggs ( or additional goodies) in them & rotating that often. That gives farmers guaranteed income relative to effort (generally w/rng lol), and lock poppers more reason to plat.

Eh?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Can't remember the parameters but egg tokens was the main point of talk that someone(sorry can't remember you) brought up

There's a way to make this work...

Maybe a crappy little side quest that changes,requiring players to hunt down specific eggs and convert them into tokens.ofc that of which can be later used to purchase (randomly generated egg?)different eggs .so someone can't just turn in 1k deary or the like.

add legendary, mythic, and maybe arcane egg chest(let's make this one SUPER hard) that awards rge(randomly generated egg ^^) of said rarity.

Idk just spitballing of the top of my head on this but I believe the original idea has worth.

Thank you for your time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

We should have that event. Its the change to make people rich. As u can see, making money in al is very hard, so eggstravaganza is acctualy a great event for farming and making money )

Sent from my SM-T116 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    100 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Demonnboy View Post
    We should have that event. Its the change to make people rich. As u can see, making money in al is very hard, so eggstravaganza is acctualy a great event for farming and making money )

Sent from my SM-T116 using Tapatalk
    Farming endgame content makes it easy to get some gold. Fact is that we got gold too easily in the past. Thats why it feels so hard now.

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_Z00AD mit Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by intizamfamily888 View Post
    Farming endgame content makes it easy to get some gold. Fact is that we got gold too easily in the past. Thats why it feels so hard now.

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_Z00AD mit Tapatalk
    Farming endgame with gold awakenings makes it easier to earn gold - something like 3k per mauso map (more when you find treasure rooms). Yes, you can certainly grind the new maps and make gold, but without gold awakening, your net income is meager after pots and the occasional ankhs are factored in.

The crux of the problem is that there are less than a dozen legendaries (more like 7 or 8) in the loot table that are considered "desirable". Frankly, as long as there is a clearly obvious 'this is the best gear drop of the season' attitude, once the gear has been acquired by players en masse, value plummets quickly and farming becomes a fruitless endeavor.

I had high hopes on the gear staggering idea that STS had a few seasons ago. I still am of the opinion that 'best' sets should be more subjective and tailored to playstyle. There really isn't any variety in equips by class, because for the most part, we all know what sets are the best and we settle for second tier items when we can't afford the best. Tanks may be the exception because previous level cap weapons (Immortal Corruption/Glintstone Aegis and Immortal Corruption/Dragon Hunter) are perfectly viable at endgame due to their terrific Procs.

Obviously, primary stats are important, but, as evidenced by high value gear from cap-1 and cap-2 seasons, Procs are a huge differentiator and can turn a pedestrian item into a high value OP one. Personally, I'd be very willing to sacrifice stats for a great Proc.

If we can get to the point where we are compelled to swap between three or four sets based on map, boss, environment, etc., then farming becomes much more profitable because not only will everyone want these sets, but they will need to be gemmed, awakened, etc.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I think it would be awesome to have another (short) Eggstravaganza event, I missed the first one because I was too low of a lvl to kill the boss, coming in as a new player I feel overwhelmingly at an disadvantage when it comes to having eggs especially those obtained by reaching a certain tier in previous events. +1 for a short Eggstravaganza event no more then once a year, to keep prices in check and help newer players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

No thanks it ruin the economy

Sent from my Polaroid PSPC505 using Tapatalk
    ign: Newbody

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Babyeterne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

no to this for sure...
    let ppl work for their stuff wheres the fun if everything would be for free..

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts

if the eggs looted were non tradeable but stashable then it wud not affect anyone bcuz some ppl cant afford eggs but wanna use them and this wud be their chance also if these eggs were non tradeable only ppl who needed em wud farm

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shadowronn View Post
    if the eggs looted were non tradeable but stashable then it wud not affect anyone bcuz some ppl cant afford eggs but wanna use them and this wud be their chance also if these eggs were non tradeable only ppl who needed em wud farm
    Heh.well these people that looted an egg like this would not need to buy one or farm on,thus demand goes down and supply goes up.

Meaning since these people wanting these eggs wouldn't contribute to using up the supply,the prices will drop (could plummet some prices).

People do not understand flooding AL with these non tradeable eggs will drastically alter the egg economy. Then we got people wanting to re egg pets for plat?do you guys even care about this game?or just how easy you can make it for yourself?

I suggest people go play the game instead of trying to find any shortcut they can take.I assure you that it feels good to earn gold and buy things in a legit way.

Thank you for your time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by megative View Post
    Any possibilities of Eggstravaganza 2.0? What do you think? Better or for worse?

Feel free to comment if you like lol
    The answer:
    1. Any possibiliies? Yes (even 1% chance called possibility right?)
    2. What do you think? Better or Worse? It is better for some peoples, it is worse for some peoples.

This discussion is endless lol, A said no, B said yes and soon. This will be better if STS give the confirmation about this event will be launched or not this year, since nobody has right decision here but STS. And also some of you keep talking about game economy, what is your measure that the game in inflation or deflation state? I just curious because I want to know what is the normal economy state of this game.
    Last edited by Donquixoth; 01-14-2017 at 11:18 PM.
    D

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Donquixoth For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Donquixoth View Post
    The answer:
    2. What do you think? Better or Worse? It is better for some peoples, it is worse for some peoples.

This discussion is endless lol, A said no, B said yes and soon. This will be better if STS give the confirmation about this event will be launched or not this year, since nobody has right decision here but STS. And also some of you keep talking about game economy, what is your measure that the game in inflation or deflation state? I just curious because I want to know what is the normal economy state of this game.
    *cries* thanks

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

...what is your measure that the game in inflation or deflation state?...I want to know what is the normal economy state of this game
    google these words. Your question has no meaning. inflation/deflation is not a state.
    inflation
    1.the action of inflating something or the condition of being inflated.
    2. Economics - a general increase in prices and fall in the purchasing value of money.
    deflation
    1. the action or process of deflating or being deflated.
    2. Economics - reduction of the general level of prices in an economy.

nothing stationary about these words. process. action. condition. reduction or increase.
    change in time. or a condition to change in time.
    And the meaning is the same everywhere, not just in a game.
    Six pages commenting about game economy and inflation and then: "what is the normal economy state of this game".
    Anyone is free to agree or disagree with anyone's comments. But to agree or disagree - these comments should at first be read (and understood), if possible.
    Last edited by voidPtr; 01-15-2017 at 01:29 AM. Reason: deleting too much repeating explanations

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

The answer:

Normal economic state of a game like AL(with pet eggs,or any item).

Easy to obtain items/eggs.liquidation food.

Uncommon items/eggs.things you earn randomly but still pretty common to get.

Rare items/eggs you must repeatedly be looking for this item to drop,work must be put in to earn.

Super rare items/eggs.grinding for a super rare drop becomes hopeless at times and players may feel overwhelmed by the work to get.

Ultra rare items/eggs. Unbelievable amount of time, effort and resources are put in to earn,seems absolutely impossible to loot.

There are reasons why fossils,shards and random eggs from locks are so scarce,because not everyone is meant to have one,you must earn it.
    Sure,plat to gold to eggs are a shortcut but when you go plat to eggs,it cuts out all the merching needed to get the gold(its like pumping the economy with large amounts of pure gold,not smart).

We need the ladder of merching and farming to stabilize all walks of life in AL,not direct plat to egg deals.

If you think poofing eggs into the economy won't hurt it,think of all the farming and sales it would have took to earn that egg,that's what's hurting the market,you bypassing the middle men,that includes yourself and I and everyone that plays this game.

Thank you for your time.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Annual Eggsavier? Yes pls!

Sent from my T1 7.0 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Tbh I hardly looted anything good on egg event got a few nightshade one hawken and tons of junk might have had something to do with me not running as much as others but hell I spent over 20 hours playing and made 200k now I know the drop is random but honestly it was like trying to loot fossil in arena it's freaking hard.... saw tons of others looting arcanes left and right if this event comes around again it will benefit all players I.e new players and players that missed it + with all the new all the new myths and arcane eggs out there it will help them get the eggs they need to run maus and elite maps

Nothing bothers me more then a person running graveyard with Barney or tankton cuz it makes it twice as hard on the player with nekro or toor..
    And honestly who doesn't want a heroic pet??? Everyone wants one or hell all 3 of them but only 5% of the game can pay upwards of 20million per pet

I understand how others feel that this will kill the economy but when there is nothing to farm to make gold can't buy gold loot weapons or good pets
    I miss km3 already... lol

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeekiller View Post
    Nothing bothers me more then a person running graveyard with Barney or tankton cuz it makes it twice as hard on the player with nekro or toor..
    Hm. Nothing bothers me more than people that don't know enough about pets(and pet animacy) talk about pets.
    Nothing bothers me more also than people leaving the map seeing I'm with an epic pet, but what they don't know is that I never use anything less then nightshade in happiness slot and in AA slot I may use magma or similarly useful(nilbog,toor,nekro...depends). Also these people don't know that there is at least 1 epic pet with passive ability that overshadows (in some maps) almost all of the mythic pets and even of the arcane pets. There are several legendary pet's with a passive useful in different situations. There exists even a rare pet with 'playable' passive ability. (Well not exactly barney or tankton, they are not with good passives; but pets are different, have different strong and weak points).
    My point is: if you don't know well the passive of the player's pet, don't judge the player by his pet, because you don't see what is slotted in pet's happiness and AA.

ok, correction, some other things bother me more , but this was just a form of the speech.
    Ah, and btw not 5% of players has heroic pets. Far far less then 0.05% have them. But this by design, np with that, heroic pets just came out and i'm sure there are only few of them by design. If they were popping more from the crates, (many) more people would have them and they would be (much) cheaper. btw, i don't have. (Aaaand, btw these first heroic pets currently doesn't have great passive. The happiness can be good though.)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts

No it ruined all the prices... It's just a waste for those who payed twice of trice the price for it... It's Imo not fair against those players!..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by runagain View Post
    No it ruined all the prices... It's just a waste for those who payed twice of trice the price for it... It's Imo not fair against those players!..
    Bit like it isnt fair to those players who reach exalted and get a stupid plate looking halo above your head lol

Love how the rich snobs say no to egg event thats almost funny...