Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Discussion: what happens when it ends?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Default Discussion: what happens when it ends?

Idk was title bit misleading but I was thinking what will happen when devs decide to stop making new dungeons. I mean, every mmorpg game have their max level. As example many older mmorpg games have long time ago reached maximum level in game.

Only idea I can think of is some sort of "prestige" system from call of dutys, when you reset yourself to level 1 and level again to achieve some sort of reward or some other extras.

/discuss
    Pocket legends: Eagle (Endgame Bird), Magic (endgame mage), Getnuked (voodoo mage)
    Star legends: Eng (Engineer), Rapid (operative)
    Dark legends: Sucker (vampire queen)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

I try not to think of that day, But lol an elite level system with rewards would be awsome.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I don't think we have to worry about this for awhile. These guys always come up with something new for us either in SL or PL.
    But it will be a sad day indeed. Millennia down the road of course!
    Announcing the PL Fan-Site ! Click my sig to join!http://becomeelite.forumotion.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayabusaz View Post
    Devs , is there a way to contact you ? Phone number because I want my mom to explain !
    "All this Has happened before...and Shall happen again...So say We All"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

runescape and wow have been out since a long long time, as long as ppl play pl and devs make money with it, they will work on it. there is still a Lot on the roadmap that players wish and devs have stated that ghey are working on. well haloween soon, then christmas, lookig fordward to it

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

When they reach their level limit, they can release 3 new classes (one for each stat point) with a complete new list of 12 skills for each and have players start from the very beginning all over again. Maybe introduce a skill tree for SL since all the characters are human and allow players to customize the exact player the want to fit their playstyle. As long as the funds keep rolling in to pay the staff and the server costs, I don't think PL/SL are going anywhere anytime soon but your thread does get the creative juices flowing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

This thread made me sad...

Vampire the Operative

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Really think this will happen? No. Once they settle on a main cap, theyll start making more elite dungeons, items and revising old dungeons. Making the game more enjoyable. I guarantee it.

I'm enjoying playing classical blues on my double bass
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I totally agree with wounded.
    Proud member of COT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

As long as people continue to support the game (which is happening a lot) they will continue to develop new content. I dont think there is a business around that would say "We're still making tons of money, but I think we end this now".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WoundedEagle:433347
    Really think this will happen? No. Once they settle on a main cap, theyll start making more elite dungeons, items and revising old dungeons. Making the game more enjoyable. I guarantee it.
    I'd have to agree here - especially since STS really only develops/maintains two games running (fortunately) the same engine. Time has shown that as long as people are still paying money to play, new content/level caps/etc will come out. Look at everquest. So many expansions youd need your hands and feet to count them, and it still has one of the largest playerbases of any mmorpg - pretty impressive for a 10+ yr old game. But people still pay, so the developers will still develop =)

I dont see STS stopping the content anytime soon.
    o_O
    O_o
    o_O IGN: Gotrocks/Gotstorms/Gotguns

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WoundedEagle View Post
    I agree with you and you really got the point what I mean.
    I exactly mean what happens, WHEN THEY REACH MAIN CAP. This discussion wasn't supposed to be about when it happens or will it happen. It's sure it will happen on some day, but doubt anytime soon.

I would really hate as new player to know that "there's only 200 levels to go for max level, and when I reach it they hav developed 50 more levels to level up." Developing game forward forever is frustrating for new players who start playing later than beginning. As end result more of new players won't have interest to keep playing, and at same time old players stop playing, which means company income lower.
    Last edited by Darkfader; 10-01-2011 at 01:59 PM.
    Pocket legends: Eagle (Endgame Bird), Magic (endgame mage), Getnuked (voodoo mage)
    Star legends: Eng (Engineer), Rapid (operative)
    Dark legends: Sucker (vampire queen)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfader View Post
    I agree with you and you really got the point what I mean.
    I exactly mean what happens, WHEN THEY REACH MAIN CAP. This discussion wasn't supposed to be about when it happens or will it happen. It's sure it will happen on some day, but doubt anytime soon.

I would really hate as new player to know that "there's only 200 levels to go for max level, and when I reach it they hav developed 50 more levels to level up." Developing game forward forever is frustrating for new players who start playing later than beginning. As end result more of new players won't have interest to keep playing, and at same time old players stop playing, which means company income lower.
    I understand. I met some player in Demonic Archer Set that had 56 Crown and was level 61 with Shield of Hallows. They started playing 3 months ago.....
    Look at Dark Forest. It is a dump. Last week I sent a huge letter to support about improvements to be made over time that are simple. I just wanted to give my two cents on the subject.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

From what i have heard multiple times the devs have everything planned out until level 100 and being 61 levels into it I'm sure they have devised more ways to kill us..lol .. But if you look at the current rate of expansions approx 5 levels approx every 6 mths and assume that 100 levels is all they have planned, that still gives another 8 expansions that could take anywhere up to 4 yrs to roll out...lol... For those of you that are worried because of this thread I would say you don't have any reason to get sad just yet as for what will happen when it's all over.... Only the devs know

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

It will be sad when STS stops making expansions. It will be horrifying when STS shutdown the servers for both games.

But remember, all great things must come to an end.

EDIT: When they stop making expansions, the only option I see is to make alts and get them to max.
    Last edited by Carth; 10-01-2011 at 02:34 PM.
    Current Sig by
    SL Elite Death Squad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

I so try not to even think about that miserable day... Relax for now people! That day is still far from this. (Hopefully never)
    Xazic -- That random warbird.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Well guys. As long as that doesn't happen in the next 10 years, I can promise it. Because in 2 years I get out of Highschool. And I plan to go through the same thing Samhayne went through. School wise. I plan to work at STS if that makes any sense. Dreams are dreams but this is a plan. Hopefully it works out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

You find something else to do, but as long as the devs get enough money to support their work, I don't see why they would stop.
    Growwle - My guess is 1050

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    316 Posts

Nah. I wanted that career anyways.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I don't see this happening for a loooong time. At the moment, the only was is up for STS.
    SLUSHIE - PROUD MEMBER OF REVELATION

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

The world will end. No joke.
    Starsavior Commando | Spamhealer Engineer | Inventory Operative