View Poll Results: Nerf 'dodge' like I'm loco...

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES! Are you kidding me?

43 93.48%
  • Okay.... but I'm gonna be mad about it.

1 2.17%
  • Wait?! WHAT?! I think many people will complain. Many. People.

0 0%
  • NO!!! NEVER!!! I'm way too attached to 'dodge' ...and how fair it is. FAIR! I said it.

2 4.35%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Dodgepocalypse

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

honestly this dodge mess has gotten too out of hand. while yes i do agree dodge has become an op thing for mages but maybe just make the game like it used to be. Birds crit, bears dodge more than mages, and mages nuke and crit. I also have another suggestion please lower delay time on mana shield its really annoying and its the cause to most deaths

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spullllll For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Yeah. That's me. Not much of a listener.

++ Sarcasm :-P
    Good luck with the stat changes

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    147 Posts

Spullll is right. Just make the game like before (before the 2012 or 2013 nerf i forgot) if you're not only going to nerf dodge

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    382 Posts

Every time I begin to doubt STS, Cinco pulls his magic again.

This is huge Cinco we can't thank you enough.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mothwing For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Priorema View Post
    If cinco will nerf dodge on endgamr gears and leave (or buff arzac) bears will simply go full dex or just have 205 dex for arzac, those nasty animals always relied on dodge
    True, but I think that 10% dodge would be ok for birds...
    Sebbyc-110

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts

wow cinco u get my heart racing :]

NEW IGN RAGGADORR | I LOVE MYSTICALDREAM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iceQueen69 View Post
    wow cinco u get my heart racing :]
    Yea lol he is loco.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Please don't ruin other levels! Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

And fix bears' stomp double damage (as you ise beck and stomp, smash makes 3rd damage, and other combos for other classes doesnt)

13.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #30
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,168 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by plpr View Post
    Please don't ruin other levels! Thanks
    I'm planning to ruin as few levels as possible... but that doesn't mean I'm not going to ruin your favorite level.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

As Ghost said: please be careful messing with stats again!

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-class-balance
    nothing lasts forever

15.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #32
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,168 Posts

These sorts of replies make me more and more reckless.

Just sayin'
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

These sorts of replies make me more and more reckless.

Just sayin'
    Sorry if my post came across as bitter, I honestly just meant it as good fun with Waug because he honestly didn't give up and that's pretty awesome, again sorry if it came off the wrong way.

17.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #34
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,168 Posts

It's all good! Love having a spirited forum discussion after my holiday. Nothing gets the blood flowing like a good PvP talk with PL Players!!! :-)

Today's efforts have included: dodge nerf on items, dodge nerf in statistic modifiers, changes to certain class skill cooldowns, and a few other odds and ends (that I've done in part, based on the epic forum posts referenced here).

Here's to an exciting 2017, my friends!!!
    | | | |

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts

Please do Cino, I love that you care. Nerf Dodge, Hit % and Crit %.

All the seasonal updates, as well as end game new set bonuses and the addition of plat items you can now trade, older discontinued items now being plat purchasable proves that yes STS do care.
    Despite all the negativity regarding the prices of items for plat.

The other day a bunch of people on PL where around JustG and trolling him in town complaining what they didn't like about the game and literally blamed Gary.
    What was worse they all felt good about it and gloated about it on kik to their friends.

Cino, Gary the STS team there are many of us in the PL community that do appreciate all your efforts and love for PL.
    Keep the updates and changes happening, keep listening to our community. We know you care as much as we all do.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Fwend For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Advising me to be 'careful' with balance changes is just adorable.
    LMAO HAHA. Well said. But no offense to ghost at all. Please consider that ghost does have a valid point for sure. But dang you joker.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sebbyc View Post
    I think dodge needs to be nerfed. My opinion is that birds right now need more than 8% dodge on arzac. Need to do a little more damage and have least amount of health. (Already have least amount of health so no problem there) birds combo needs to also work every time on ms. Because whenever it doesn't take down the ms you know your dead when facing mages. Mages need to have less dodge than birds. They should have medium amount of health (already have that) and should do a bit less damage (right now with magor mages are doing too much damage, in my opinion.) And bears should have less dodge than mages and have most health (already have) and they should do maybe a bit more damage. Also, root for birds need to have a better percentage or actually rooting because many times, bears and mages Just keep walking. And for foxes, Their dodge and health and damage should be in between birds and mages. Rhinos should have damage. Dodge, and health in between mages and bears.
    Those are just my ideas. Please don't go crazy if you don't totally agree with me, because that's just what I think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Everything in agreement on my perspective here. I'll add some more too it and summarise.

A bird's dodge rates and damage is fine. Maybe slight increase in health and armour will do the trick if mages won't get a nerf at all. But considering that they will, mages most important nerfes as I mentioned in my previous post to one thread, should be dodge and damage. I am sorry but sometimes a bird doesn't even have time to take out the ms as they are dead right the first second they are in combat. As I also said previously, birds need a longer survival rate against mages. If that ms kicks in at some point, a bird no longer has its cruel blast if it takes it out and will not be able to take out the Mage as it is only dependent on its nuke and has to wait for it again, giving time for Mage to attack...quite a bit of time actually. The Mage has an advantage both before and after the use of ms. It's like they have two lives against birds. Also, if the bird fails to blast the ms, then I guess even if you try run to regain ur blast, time for your victory has long gone.
    Lastly bears, as I also said previously they are totally fine. If I'd really tweak anything on a bear, it would be the damage they do, especially when using arzac considering they do high amounts of damage even when they are 55 percent str.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ryanbemani1 View Post
    Everything in agreement on my perspective here. I'll add some more too it and summarise.

A bird's dodge rates and damage is fine. Maybe slight increase in health and armour will do the trick if mages won't get a nerf at all. But considering that they will, mages most important nerfes as I mentioned in my previous post to one thread, should be dodge and damage. I am sorry but sometimes a bird doesn't even have time to take out the ms as they are dead right the first second they are in combat. As I also said previously, birds need a longer survival rate against mages. If that ms kicks in at some point, a bird no longer has its cruel blast if it takes it out and will not be able to take out the Mage as it is only dependent on its nuke and has to wait for it again, giving time for Mage to attack...quite a bit of time actually. The Mage has an advantage both before and after the use of ms. It's like they have two lives against birds. Also, if the bird fails to blast the ms, then I guess even if you try run to regain ur blast, time for your victory has long gone.
    Lastly bears, as I also said previously they are totally fine. If I'd really tweak anything on a bear, it would be the damage they do, especially when using arzac considering they do high amounts of damage even when they are 55 percent str.
    If mages don't dodge, Blast auto = dead mage. We would be going back to 76 cap balance but without str set insane damage in comparison to other sets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

I'm planning to ruin as few levels as possible... but that doesn't mean I'm not going to ruin your favorite level.
    Dammit, exposed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

why care for pvp more then anything else currently? i have made suggestions about things u could add into this game that will make ot more enjoyable. yes mage class is OP. but 3pc arzac with blaster and warband can combat against a 4pc magor mage. and this has been proven by waug. buff the warband so it adds dodge for 3pc arzac set. even adding a 80 cap vanity would be good balance for mage vs mage pvp also reducing the account buying that pvp guilds do just to have the advantage over everyone else. im not saying to just give this to us, but to add a quest or adding a l81 cap that you have to get 350k xp like the 77 cap you had to get 300k xp just to get 2pc ring. str set for bears and 4pc arzac does need to be buffed. mages need armor to pvp. armor on mages is alot of the time what prevents a 4pc arzac bird from nuking a 4pc magor mage. also dodge is crazy on mage. dodge on mage does need to be nerfed a bit but not too much because that would turn everyone else away from pure int pvping. i find pure mage pvp really fun. Not because its op but because u have to have skills to be a pure int player in general, not just for l80 cap. during 77 cap 97% of mages that pvped were pallies. you had to have skills to be a pure int player. lust staff set could combat a 77 pally but it was very rare. but to be honest all in all. mages do need to be slightly "nerfed" but not "nuked"