Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: My opinion on Tradable Items

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    Mkay..........
    Killing does not equal killed, lil' PO. But I forgive your mistake

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yannjoel View Post
    At least all old player can get alot gold by selling there old cap items
    You are completely missing the point. Gold means nothing when someone's "word" is broken. Those of us who actually spent time, and some money, to attain these "rare" and "unique" items have continuously watched as STS gives in to bring in new players, when the game would have thrived by simply keeping the game updated and fresh. These items no longer distinguish player "generations" and the ability to trade them now opens a new door to scams and further market control by those with the most gold.

I am certain the PvP whining is a big part of this because the ring argument only applies there and not in PvE, correct?

Just another reason why I will never come back to play.
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    You are completely missing the point. Gold means nothing when someone's "word" is broken. Those of us who actually spent time, and some money, to attain these "rare" and "unique" items have continuously watched as STS gives in to bring in new players, when the game would have thrived by simply keeping the game updated and fresh. These items no longer distinguish player "generations" and the ability to trade them now opens a new door to scams and further market control by those with the most gold.

I am certain the PvP whining is a big part of this because the ring argument only applies there and not in PvE, correct?

Just another reason why I will never come back to play.
    Hey Crim!

I do like that the update ends all disillusion with a bang, that they didn't exclude founder or anything cause this way it is clear that you are right, there is nothing exclusive or rare about it

IMO playing now feels like watching a remake of a show you used to love it is the same somehow but it doesn't feel like it at all

I prefer them being open and saying 'trade everything, nothing matters' to the slow poisonous state it was before

And for PvP yeah all changes are for PvP if there was something for pve it would address that maps are empty as hell but I guess farmers are less vocal about stuff
    Last edited by Ruby!!!; 01-07-2017 at 11:09 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Bad decision on their (his?) part.
    The thing is that sts themselves set the precedent to have old players be rewarded with exclusive items, they have stated that several times over the years. I was all for everybody having access to items that have stats as that changed game play, as long as they left my exclusive things alone.
    It's not like al where mostly everything has always been tradeable. Nice that it screwed the black market some (not completely btw) but it sucks that anyone could look like me after years that being my reward for playing well for so long.
    After the gold influx from xmas the things I could sell are worth so little.
    Glad I jumped ship a while ago lol
    My friend, your reward is the absolute respect from everyone involved in Pocket Legends, both in-game and on forums. This cannot be bought or taken away. Not to mention that it goes beyond the game.

The same goes for Crimson. And others.

Sure, broken promises suck. And it sucks that anyone can look like you now. But in my opinion, it sucks even more when people can look like you having obtained all gear in the black market.

Finally, I also believe that there should be some sort of official recognition for valuable community members like you, who have supported non-stop the game since they joined and are always helpful, positive and constructive. Even to complete strangers - like myself when I first joined the forums. But again, this is just my opinion.
    When danger reared its ugly head, he bravely turned his tail and fled / Yes, brave Sir Robin turned about and gallantly he chickened out / Bravest of the braaaave, Sir Robin!

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Brave Sir Robin For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robin View Post
    My friend, your reward is the absolute respect from everyone involved in Pocket Legends, both in-game and on forums. This cannot be bought or taken away. Not to mention that it goes beyond the game.

The same goes for Crimson. And others.

Sure, broken promises suck. And it sucks that anyone can look like you now. But in my opinion, it sucks even more when people can look like you having obtained all gear in the black market.

Finally, I also believe that there should be some sort of official recognition for valuable community members like you, who have supported non-stop the game since they joined and are always helpful, positive and constructive. Even to complete strangers - like myself when I first joined the forums. But again, this is just my opinion.
    Nicely said.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    Killing does not equal killed, lil' PO. But I forgive your mistake
    No mistake, I'm disagreeing with your hyperbole that exclusivity was a problem

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

No mistake, I'm disagreeing with your hyperbole that exclusivity was a problem
    Nope, actually, lil' PO, you were trying to point out an inconsistency in my statements. That's why you quoted both of them in your last comment. But it's ok, we all make mistakes. The good news is that I'm always willing to forgive them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Selfishness and self-gratification is the reason why oldies keep on complaining about the latest update.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kaidai View Post
    Selfishness and self-gratification is the reason why oldies keep on complaining about the latest update.
    I have joined on balesmoke cap and my items worth nothing but 500k, but still i am complaining about this update, any reason for me?
    "Treat others like you want yourself to be treated, time will reflect your doing upon you someday..."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

What robin said sue^

hi crim!
    nothing lasts forever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

1. Who really cares? If you want to keep your old vanities, keep them.

2. I heard you can only get 2 from Prince, idk about unlimited. L1 3pc rings are a huge problem though.

3. Free isn't the right word, but I guess this is an issue. STS is hunting down acc buyers the best they can.

4. Same as the first "issue". Who really cares? Just go and play. I'm friends with oldgens and newgens, and none of them really give a crap about who played longer. What matters is we're all playing now.

Also have you seen how many people are online? This is a great step for PL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

Honestly, I do understand why they're upset. As someone who started in 2010, I really do. However, I tend to agree with you. I think these updates are benefiting the game as a whole, and they're focusing more on themselves and what they've lost. They need to broaden their perspective a bit, I'd say. But again, I do understand the frustration. It sucks to work hard and earn something only to have it made available to everyone. A broken promise is tough to justify, even in a game. Though, personally, I'd be chill with them breaking promises all day if PL got improved with each broken promise.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MightyMicah For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lakersrockftw View Post
    I really don't want to be greedy or sound selfish, but here's my standpoint on vanities being tradable

This was a very bad idea in my opinion, what do you guys think?

-Lakersrockftw
    Bad idea or not. This update is set in stone and far from irreversible. Do the best with what you got is my honest humble opinion.
    Currahee

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Totally agree and I'm one of them. Having founders was a big advantage before this update, but now can anyone have the same gear as I do. Despite this, I have to admit this is a great update for the game itself. So overall, I am positive to the changes.

The problem has been there hasn't been any better items released after Founder's etc. I think you should always be able to get the best possible gear whenever you start to play the game. I like the idea of rewarding old players, but maybe give things that does not change gameplay such as titles etc?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

I really don't want to be selfish at all. I'm glad there's a lot of players playing the game and how vanities are revolving around the game. This displays things that you never saw around that were stashed inside people's inventory. Earlier I saw someone wearing a DROID Antenna, something I haven't seen for years! This was not my initial problem, it's just I think there should be some reward for spending time earlier in the game compared to now. I spent money and a lot of time capping running boring lost valley for hours trying to level after I ran out of plat. I just wish that was worth more as its literally going for 100k or less in cs. Regardless I am glad they found a way to bring back tons of players to the game!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MightyMicah View Post
    Nope, actually, lil' PO, you were trying to point out an inconsistency in my statements. That's why you quoted both of them in your last comment. But it's ok, we all make mistakes. The good news is that I'm always willing to forgive them
    No *insert passive agressive nickname* , once again I was disagreeing with your hyperbole that exclusivity "killed or is killing" pl

19.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #37
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,171 Posts

Should be clear by my actions that I believe all the integrity associated with any of our no-trade items went out the window the very second the first PL account was bought/sold on the black market.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post: