I'm using voice to text so please forgive any grammatical errors or misspellings.
This post is a direct reply to Pollinators post regarding '...is PVP becoming more toxic?.. "
Fact of the day when PVP started there no such words as' New Gen' or 'toxic'.
I don't want to put too much time into this subject because not only will it validate and reinforce the poor, unsportsmanlike behavior of newer players, but also it's also upsetting because older players should have already figured this out.

Here it is....

The "Great Nerf of 2013-2014" and the end of the "Forgotten bow" era was the start of it. If you were not around at that time, I recommend you study history and search the forums to find out more about these subjects (and for further history search for 'global cooldown').

The Great Nerf of 2013-2014 was a reduction of attributes of all classes and also included a significant reduction of the most power weapons at that time - HALLOWEEN items. The nerf started with a reduction in the mage's blessing of might (damage buff), a reduction of the birds evasion (dodge) and the fact that bears were limited to the only armor, helmet and shield available at that time which were severely lacking in dodge and damage attributes. And there was no Bone Mantle or Helmet at that time.
With the introduction of the Forgotten bow, a lot of players who were poorly skilled at PVP (either due to lack of coordination, AGE, thumb speed or could not afford the very good equipment that is needed could not compete) were starting to get a taste of Victory because the Forgotten bow was such an overpowering weapon when it was introduced that did not take much skill. At that time you saw the first generation of PVP players starting to die out.
Pocket Legends was about 3 years old when the Forgotten bow was introduced. The first era of PVP players was a close-knit community. Mainly because the game was also not very big. That's not to say there was no teaming, rushing or bullying at that time, because there was. But there was mutual respect, and the players did not taunt or mouth off as much.

The reason why they started to die out included a couple reasons. But the most glaring reasons were:

1. The players were simply getting older and outgrowing the game. But more importantly..

2. The culture and personality of the game changed. The backlash of the Forgotten bow the fact that all the players (noobs) that were abused, humiliated and utterly wrecked were finally getting their chance at Revenge. The Forgotten bow enabled them to compete. So when they started to win they started to repeat the things that the first era of pro player players said to them “Noob Down’ ‘cry’, etc..
For all the time and years that these new players were abused and humiliated they merely repeated and behave in a way they saw what dominant players due to weak players. This simply mimicked and copy the behavior they saw but it also made them feel better about themselves. But guess what it’s learned behavior and it’s passed on and passed on and passed on. And guess what it’s gotten uglier uglier and uglier. Which brings us to today….

So I was going to write more about this subject but I’m getting pretty annoyed by the subject. Actually have more to write. But organizing this in a more cohesive way would take too much time. So again I’m sorry using voice to text hopefully my gibberish above made some sense
So here it is
1. Taunting bullying teaming and rushing is learned behavior. And it started from the second wave of PVP players back in 2012 with the introduction of the Forgotten bow as the players who were incapable of competing in PVP begin to repeat the things players would say to them when they were new.
2. A lot of the current players (when I say current I’m specifically referring to the players who mouth off and create what Pollinators calls ‘toxic) right now were only 6 to 11 years old in 2010-2011. It is nearly impossible or highly unlikely that a 6 to 11 year old kid will have the same hand eye skill coordination as a player who is 14-18 years old. Can everybody accept that fact? . Therefore, the players who are most abundant and and active in PvP right now for the players that used to get farmed. Their behavior their reactions their comments is a direct reflection on how they were treated when they were getting farmed they merely repeated it pass it on and it got uglier uglier and more vile.
So the ultimate answer to pollinators thread ‘ is PVP getting more toxic’, is yes

The players who are active now are a direct result of abuse by the first generation of PVP players. What compounds the situation is that they are at the ages of their video gaming prime.
They are at the age where they’re just reaching young manhood. They are trying to find their way in the world not only as a boy but as a Young Man. They have a very high need for acceptance they give into peer pressure and they will succumb to it and follow the strongest leaders for alpha males in the game.

I can’t even recall how many times I’ve done this. And I’m sure many of the old players have done so well: you see a new player getting bullied and picked on, so you offer that player some advice and out of the kindness of your heart maybe give them an item or two to make them stronger only to find two weeks later they are taking you getting up on you once they found a group of players bully them into joining them
I’ll end it with this… when I first started playing PVP at the levels of 30 to 35, i was a noob and I was constantly getting team and rushed. But there was no trash talking. The older players were vicious and relentless, you had to learn quickly. But look at this contrast: one of the best players to this day is a player named Wyatt. When I started he was known as ‘iblitz’. Back then he was considered one of the best but guess what every time he would lose a match he would compliment the other player took the loss in stride and was never above humility. When he did lose he would read your combos and then make adjustments and then finally end up beating you consecutively.
Another player that I do when I first started playing was a player named Vestachar. Every time you show up at a game he would rush you repeatedly and destroy you but guess what he would not say one word.

Now ponder what you see and hear now ‘9-2’, ‘cry’, players who are self-righteous who contradict and who are habitually hypocrites. Players who taunt exit The Game come back and hide behind a tree and repeatedly do it. You never saw that with the first generation of players.
I remember Joe when he would exclusively play level 23 with his toy man candle his experts leather and of course his overuse of Mana Shield. He would rush and team you but he would never Trash Talk he would never say a word. and to this day he does the same thing. So the next time you look at him and think of him as a bad person look at the pack of wolves you associate with in the game. The next time you say or accuse someone of being a teacher or a rusher kill yourself.

The word New Gen only exist in the world of new gens.
Downloading Pocket Legends in 2011 when you were 9 years old and had the finger dexterity of pigs feet earns you no title of an older player.

Alas' forgotten bow era part II is upon us
KYS,

EPH