Thread: Low level is pretty broken now

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rkq View Post
    I'm not so sure how refreshing it is to one shot and get one shot due to broken gear and an obvious patch oversight. Bears and mages were largely dominant on the last patch - this patch, bears are the best class by a large margin. Yes, birds and foxes can also mash all their buttons now and kill people with more effectiveness than before. Thats fine - I'm happy to see other classes brought up to par. I also don't mind my class being nerfed. I can adjust my build and playstyle to compete without issue. The problem is that bears have absolutely gone over the edge. A bear that activates rage, auto attacks, and then takes his hands off his keyboard is still 30-40% to win many matchups when each of his auto attacks deal upward of 250 dmg on a 60 armor target.

The hit % nerf is icing on the cake. I have no idea what you mean about 100% hit being irrelevant. There is not an 85% hit cap. I was sitting at 100% hit prior to this patch and I never missed an ability (without debuffs), tried and tested over the course of several months and thousands of pvp kills.

The bottom line is:

1. Low level characters should not be able to equip level 70 items.
    2. Instant kills are unhealthy - they do not make for fun or interactive gameplay.
    3. The hit % nerf was intended for max level pvp and has had a presumably unintended negative impact on the ability to be consistent in low lvl pvp brackets.
    Missing abilities over 100% is definitely a thing. I don't really want to go back and find the post, but there is actually a hit cap of about 85%.

And no, rhino is very good against bear. Bird is very good against bear. I haven't really seen bear vs. fox though. I did enjoy the slower fights before, but being able to play these characters is also a very refreshing experience to me. Again, I know you play majority mage and it hasn't been the best update for mages at 15, but coming from someone who just got back to playing the game and really enjoyed playing off-meta characters and things other than bear/mage, it's been pretty refreshing. I don't mind the speed of fights because generally the person with more skill usually wins, outside of bear vs. mage.

I'm really all over the place with this post so I'll just include a random anecdote - I've been playing 15 bird and beat bears 75% of the time. It's really fun. Yet at the same time I have about a zero% chance of beating a mage. It's more like rock paper scissors now than an even distribution of balance which is something i DONT like as much, yet still, it means many more characters are viable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts
    nothing lasts forever

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Burningdex For This Useful Post: