Thread: Low level is pretty broken now

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

I also do a lot of play in low level, at least in the last two days (L10-20) and I think its quite refreshing. Granted, I don't play a lot of mage which is the primary character that's been nerfed at level 15 due to the insane damage. However, the nuke has opened up a lot of different possibilities at 10-17 which weren't there before, like level 15 bird, level 16/17 rhino (was present but not as strong/good enough to deal consistently with bears), and even fox. I think the balance overall is good for the game, instead of mage/bear dominating the 12-17 meta we have 4 decent characters and 1 semi-bad character in mage, which counters some rhino and definitely some bird if played perfectly.

There's also generally a much lower margin for error, if you can kite stomp you win most of the time, and kiting stomp is probably the hardest skill in the game to master (it's a relatively simplistic game aside from positioning and juking, and occasionally combo counters.) People always liked to hate on low level for luck factors but I don't see any of that present. I'm a good bear and I beat people who are supposed to be worse than me, consistently. And people who have an edge on me, beat me consistently.

Not to mention, there was I believe an analytic post done a while back showing that anything above 100% hit was irrelevant -- the game always reverted to around an 85% hit cap which the nerf brought most low level characters down to.