Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Current Endgame situation & my personal proposals

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Lightbulb Current Endgame situation & my personal proposals

This is my initial analysis & proposal, I need few more days to conclude it & make my personal final proposal with supportive facts with docs if necessary.

First off, the first phase, the dodge nerf gone pretty smooth and has been done nicely, now tactics should work properly mostly for example when you hit repulse you don't have to leave it to luck now, that WOW I GOT LUCKY and opponent got repulsed back, it's just a small example and for those players thinks that game got ruined due to low dodge, then let me remind you that PvP was way much balanced back those old days WITH LESS DODGE COMPARED TO NOW (overall)

Now for 2nd phase, the main concern is 1,2 hit kills, or simply say few hit kills [this is just because armor is not scaled with damage properly and need some tweaking] is the main concern along with few class specific tweaks are needed to make the situation much better.

Here's the proposals -

1> Current endgame sets should provide +20% (of total health) more health. [not more, then it would actually break things more than make, it's not enough read below)

2> 2h special elites eg. Arzac blaster should make set with DEREX for speed boost ONLY just like the speed bonus we get from 4 piece DEREX set. Then those 3 piece Derex/intex/strex should make set with Warband ring but this time differently -
    Warband + Derex 3 piece set - + 30 armor
    Warband + intex set 3 piece set - + 50 armor
    Warband + Strex set 3 piece set - + 70 armor
    If this is not possible then derex/intex/strex set bonus should get such bonus variations & warband would provide +30 armor to all.

3> The global damage output in PvP should be further lowered from -12% to -22% applicable for L75 to L80.

4> 2H weapons eg Blaster's damage should be nerfed by 5% [has added high damage] that's because I already proposed global damage output reduction and health increase.

5> Bird's evasion skill cooldown should be lowered to 22sec nearly same as focus skill as this is worthless if we don't get all buff ready to use again together

6> Free respec for some time so that everyone can experiment on their builds just like it happened during prev. balance trial

As said earlier this is my rough analysis & proposal [food for thought] I need more trials to get to my personal final proposal, then I may add more points and/or modify current stats after better calculation.
    Last edited by Waug; 01-09-2017 at 06:56 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Waug For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

I gotta say, I loved endgame pvp during bsm. It's so unbalanced now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Wasn't it you who wanted to nerf dodge? Now you want to nerf damage + boost defence? Whats the point?
    ¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ 6FLAIR9 `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
    `'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸ ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´
    Shlt, you discovered my secret

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tasakli View Post
    Wasn't it you who wanted to nerf dodge? Now you want to nerf damage + boost defence? Whats the point?
    First off, it's ongoing, it's not like already done nor I'm calling for rollback also I kept saying after dodge nerf there will be needing few tweaks also cinco himself mentioned that there will be several bendings.

but MOST IMPORTANT if you've read that nerf dodge thread, you would notice that I talked about adding armor as compensation, although there has been taken some measures. One question, do you even endgame pvp?

P.S. oh I can't stop saying, dodge and damage aren't opposite stats the way you've mentioned just like armor and damage are, and I won't explain it more just go back and read that thread again carefully
    Last edited by Waug; 01-08-2017 at 12:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

Can't comment on your proposal since I no longer play endgame, but I'd like to thank you for your persistence in pushing for a more balanced and fun game.
    Ign - Coolguymage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts

I feel like blaster shouldn't get the speed boost, it's damage already makes overpowered enough. The health part I do agree. But this update was meant to make us play the game is was supposed to be played . FFAs do feel more fun now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Respecs for free pleeeaase
    Currahee

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Mennddoza View Post
    Respecs for free pleeeaase
    I asked Cinco in game to let respec for gold, he said it needs lot of coding and he maybe will give it some time into it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SillyJuan View Post
    I feel like blaster shouldn't get the speed boost, it's damage already makes overpowered enough. The health part I do agree. But this update was meant to make us play the game is was supposed to be played . FFAs do feel more fun now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Speed can't be balanced with high damage, I'm not actually in favour of any speed boost in the first place. It's also true that blaster is fragile having the highest damage but when again global dmg nerf further with health boost and slight dmg nerf from blaster would definitely compensate all that.

Ffa for now, but we can't ignore 2 hit even 1h sometime should be improved.

11.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #10
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,158 Posts

Good proposal. Might make sense to do some of this in a couple of steps. I'll look at the sets' health contribution and shaving off a bit of the endgame arenas' damage.

Also, I think it's totally fair to remove the cost from Respec. I'll see what I can do about this for the next update as well.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Cinco For This Useful Post:

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Good proposal. Might make sense to do some of this in a couple of steps. I'll look at the sets' health contribution and shaving off a bit of the endgame arenas' damage.

Also, I think it's totally fair to remove the cost from Respec. I'll see what I can do about this for the next update as well.
    While we're on this topic, can you make elixir 'kits' purchasable for gold like in AL? It would create a nice gold sink to combat the insane inflation that has been going on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Reunegade View Post
    While we're on this topic, can you make elixir 'kits' purchasable for gold like in AL? It would create a nice gold sink to combat the insane inflation that has been going on.
    That would be good, I've one really BROADER suggestion, although it's not right thread to talk all this or it has been suggested or not -

They can make a plat kit, purchasable from vendor eg 10plat kit purchasable 10 plats then these kits can be traded/stashed/auction now at any time if we try to equip (for better solution otherwise they'll have to add use button) the kit will be vanished and 10plats will be added in our current plat numbers. I'm thrilled that would do the rest to make pl fully Free to play for those who don't wanna use real life money and would provide better chance to get resources on pl by spending real life money.
    Last edited by Waug; 01-09-2017 at 09:47 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Last thing I did before update: buy platinum without discount for a ring that is useless now
    First thing I did after update: respec

I should work on my patience... Oo

My stupidity side - free respecs would be great ty!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby!!! For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    *) Str attribute points giving nearly as much hit % as dex, which really shouldn't be because it would render hit % nerfing useless mostly.
    Ikr!
    My bear with minimum dex to equip rest str came out of the update with abysmal low hit%

So I switched around to minimum str rest dex and it was just like 1 % more ...

My solution was to get 3 pc for all toons but I'd love to try some more builds with free respec

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

I'll see what I can do about this for the next update as well.
    Ooh the next update? I'm tingling with excitement...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

wait, Cinco, are respecs free permanently?
    nothing lasts forever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Is there any solution to this age old Problem with Latency? the update is good and very strong nuke, but Non Green Ping Players like me can't survive using Pure int, and being Pally with weak damage can't even make a kill, is there any lag compensation in place? (lag compensation intends to do is to reduce the discrepancy in the time of response to offer smoother gameplay) to help players like me in PvP? 100% of players with Green Ping will never experience and understand how is it felt like for us to accurately attack and kite Properly, that's why most company have this server station according to zone, i hope Cinco could assist NON SERVER HOST COUNTRY Players in better balance the situation. High Damage equal crazy nuke resulting NoN Green Ping Players dies before 3rd spell Press, even we keep very very good distance, but it still hit us across from very far distance.

Git – Ssneakykills

21. The Following User Says Thank You to bglir For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts

I think the most recent damage nerf/hp increase helped towards balancing classes in a 1v1 setting, but in ctf mages are tanky enough to constaintly chain rev. Fights seem almost never ending. Can anything be done here?

edit: like make res start on cd when you respawn mb?
    Last edited by iceQueen69; 01-10-2017 at 05:27 AM.

NEW IGN RAGGADORR | I LOVE MYSTICALDREAM

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to iceQueen69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iceQueen69 View Post
    I think the most recent damage nerf/hp increase helped towards balancing classes in a 1v1 setting, but in ctf mages are tanky enough to constaintly chain rev. Fights seem almost never ending. Can anything be done here?

edit: like make res start on cd when you respawn mb?
    Agree 100%. Individually mages don't seem too ridiculous, but in numbers it becomes overwhelming. Armor and especially dodge should be lowered in favor of a minor damage boost. A buffed int mage shouldn't have 625-655 armor and 30 dodge. Either heal or health pools should also be re-worked since heal only replenishes a small fraction of your health pool now. I'd say add a noticeable heal boost to Intex wand set so it doesn't mess with lower levels since their health pools didn't change, or just lower health/mana pools a tad in general.

The two big skills that need reworking with mage are mana shield and res. Mana shield should have its armor buff stripped, since +40 at rank 9 almost acts as a second BoV. Also, perhaps I'm asking for a bit much here, but MS should also get an absorption cap. That way shield can be broken by any class, and in the event of blast missing/being dodges it isn't game over. The absorption cap would basically limit MS to only absorb a set number of damage before popping. So it would last either the 12 seconds, or until x amount of damage is absorbed. The damage value would increase the higher the skill is ranked. As for res, I agree that it needs to have a change to its cooldown. 6.5 seconds is way too fast, and I've never seen a game allow mages to use their revive skill so frequently. I think the cd should be at least twice that, and as you said should start its cd once a mage is revived. CtF has basically become whoever can spam res more. I think other classes could use a few tweaks such as str bear becoming more tanky (not dodgy), but mage is easily the one that requires the most work right now. Int mage basically plays like a pally right now.

One big issue I have though is hit, especially for anything below endgame. I think the attributes were perfectly balanced before with how they gave hit as a base stat. Now, it's way too low. My level 55 enchanted staff mage has 83 hit%! What was the point in lowering dodge if at many levels a lower hit is going to give the same result or skills missing due to luck? It's counter intuitive. Meanwhile, my 80 mage has a staggering 210+ hit%, which is laughably high. Hit should be high enough to where I can confidently land a majority of my skills, but low enough to where skills like hell scream and blind shot can actually have an impact. Between my 55 and my 80, they're at two different ends of the spectrum and neither seems practical. For this I'd say un-nerf hit and change the attribute values back so that each class (mainly anything int) actually has a chance to land their skills. It was way better previously. If there's really a need to add some sort of containment to hit though, implement a hit cap. I know 100 is technically the "cap," but I mean put in a hard cap that hit can't rise past. 100 for bears, 125 for mages, 150 for birds, or something to that extent. I think there would be better solutions such as tinkering with the stats and coming up with appropriate values that would scale properly across different levels based on stat investment and removing hit boosts from gear entirely, but I think a hit cap would be a much quicker fix. At the very least I think hit should revert back to the way it was before though.

Also, Derex set should have a blaster added. Or the level 80 ESB should have its stats tweaked and given a set bonus with derex.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KingFu For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

in response to myst^.

thanks for taking us low levels into account (<50). But i think, if hit% is going to be tweaked again, modify it across the level brackets, and not just one blanket change (in pvp atleast) so that pallies or str birds still get to the hit cap at most levels (im aware focus exists) under 50.

besides that, im in complete agreement ^^

ps- sorry if that made no sense, its about 11pm here.
    nothing lasts forever