Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Facts] The Gold Cap

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nick41324 View Post
    Dream is completely right.... Players work their butts off to get the gold they have, just so they can give it to players that have done absolutely nothing... I don't think so lol
    I was assuming that was a joke?

ATL

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by csb View Post
    If you hit the gold cap, you should be taxed, and the money given to the poor. It's the fair thing to do.
    People at the cap are de facto taxed by having to spend plat to create a mule.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    With current prices 9.99Mil is just not that much anymore. Anybody who farms a lot, and gets a bit of luck in the process, can reach the gold cap in no time IMO. If you can't even sell an entire set in 1 go because of that cap, I'd say it's time to raise it.
    "can reach the gold cap in no time". Well, i guess i don't know how to play the game because I have been working on it for months. I only have about 4M. The most valuable drop I ever sold was about 350K. I've had a few nicer drops, but kept them for my own use.

I was making a lot (100k per day) in the market last spring. But, over the summer my cs profit margin has been very small (20k per day). Sometimes the cost of listing items is greater than the profit due to not enough items being sold.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

If you hit the gold cap, you should be taxed, and the money given to the poor. It's the fair thing to do.
    This made me lol. For some reason though, it seems a little sarcastic.... I could be wrong. hehe
    PL - Navygreen
    AL - Viicks (me), Littlesis (my sis)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

"can reach the gold cap in no time". Well, i guess i don't know how to play the game because I have been working on it for months. I only have about 4M. The most valuable drop I ever sold was about 350K. I've had a few nicer drops, but kept them for my own use.

I was making a lot (100k per day) in the market last spring. But, over the summer my cs profit margin has been very small (20k per day). Sometimes the cost of listing items is greater than the profit due to not enough items being sold.
    My emphasis was meant to be on the word 'can'.

I've seen more than 1 player getting multiple super expensive drops in the course of 1 evening. These drops were each worth several millions. I had drops for 5mil+ on 1 day myself, and it even could've been worth more if I didn't sell it to my guildees for a below-market price. So yeah, if you get lucky, you 'can' hit that gold cap in no time. It's definitely way easier then ever before. It only takes 3 extremely lucky drops basically, and that hasn't been like that ever before.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I sooo wish i could have that problem!! I keep farming but my "feelin'lucky" drop me greens! At best i get a minicry or a nury! Grrrr more farming!
    Pakax | Eclipse GM
    Pakax - 76 Elf | Pakaxx - 71 Eagle | Pakaxxx - 71 Grizzly | ZeroKarma - 71 Zero Death Eagle

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Taxing can never happen as of now. Why? Cos plats can be used to convert gold, and plats r bought by real money. If taxing is introduced, then they r actually taking away real money and this will lead to legal issues!

Make sense right? Just enjoy the game as it is. When u cant afford burger, just have yr fries! Worst still, go home and eat home cook food.
    "my free give away thread is a flop"
    PL: StupidXStupid/ lvl 66 dual build mage
    SL: Glamiour / lvl 30 pure dex ops - hybernating