Thread: Pure Skill PvP Mode - Idea

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by voidPtr View Post
    Other things. I doubt sts will choose 'predefined sets of gear', because there will always be some complaints:'Why this particular item is not in that particular set'. Seems better to me, either the player to choose everything he will wear(gear/pets) from everything possible, or there to exist only one predefined set.
    And this leads me to my next thought. The only really equal pvp encounter will be only if the players are from the same class and wear the same things. If the players are from different class - at every level cap, from what i read, there are always items that make some class to have some advantage against other classes in pvp; may be not big advantage, but it'll be not equal encounter, between different classes.

Other things. Seems to me, if something new is done in pvp, it takes the players away from the old things(maps). The old stuff die out if the new stuff is better.
    And there will be the new guild battlegrounds coming out soon. Which will take a lot of pvp player base, it seems.
    So i doubt even more that a new pvp idea will be implemented anytime soon.
    It's definitely hard to create a perfectly balanced scenario among all classes. That's why giving players a few options may possibly allow players to counter whatever is seen as OP at a certain time. For example, if set A for rogue is being overused, set C for warrior may be the best to counter it, making it popular until players begin using set A for rogue less often.

As far as the old stuff dying out, I wouldn't really expect that. Games need updates to make them always refreshing. If the old stuff does die out, it's because it also needs an update, just like pvp does right now.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    I haven't PvP'ed in a long time; however, something that I think would be interesting and could add a lot to team dynamics, is a new room designed as a six pointed star. Two, opposite points could serve as the spawn areas and the other four points could be, for lack of a better way to describe, "environmental triggers"

Each team will have two triggers, one to buff their team and one to debuff the opposing team. When a player hits the trigger, random buffs/debuffs will be applied and can be changed (rerolled) during a clash. Now, for this to be effective, the points of the star must be small and the focus on the map would be a clash area. Players can sneak through the clash area to hit the buff/debuff triggers, which will change the clash dynamic.

The intent of this type of design is to focus on clashes and teamwork. To combat the inevitable spawn farming, let's design a totem in each spawn area which, when hit, will knockdown and stun opposing team players near the spawn area (this can be used as an offensive tactic as well; such as Warriors using axe throw to pull opposing players into the active knockdown area).

Because this is a clash based design, I would build in two minute rounds, where kills add points, deaths deduct points. A round win will be decided at the end of each time interval based on team point totals, and the winner of the best of five rounds will be declared the victor of the match. At the end of each match will be a summary screen showing total kills, deaths and point contributions for each player.

I do think this would also be very well received by the players, especially because of the new strategies and metas that would come from it.
    Very well thought.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ydra For This Useful Post: