Thread: Name selling?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Name selling?

I have a cool name but on an account that I dont use. Is it against TOS to sell your names? Is there a way I can profit from that name? Answers greatly appreciated

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xenozes View Post
    I have a cool name but on an account that I dont use. Is it against TOS to sell your names? Is there a way I can profit from that name? Answers greatly appreciated

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk
    Default Regarding the Business of Selling Names
    Hello Arlorians. A few threads have popped up recently about the business of selling in-game names for gold, items, or worse, even real money. The question is..."Is this allowed?"

The short answer is: No.

Spacetime Games does not condone any sales or trades that do not fit into the consignment shop or trade window. The reason for this is that we created the trade system and the consignment shop to help to cut down on the possibility of scams in game. We are aware that there is a scam risk with any transaction, but using these systems not only helps players to be fully aware of the transaction they are taking part in, but it also creates logs in our system that the Support Team can use to help track items, investigate scams, etc.

When you conduct transactions purely based on trust that the other player will honor their commitment, you are at a much higher risk for a scam and there is no way for our team to track the transaction to help you recover afterward. 9 times out of 10 they will not be able to recover your lost money or items.

So, we ask that you only use the in-game features available to you for exchanging in-game items. And, if you do choose to take the risk in exchanging items or names for in-game currency without the safety net of the trade window or consignment shop, realize that you do so AT YOUR OWN RISK. Furthermore, these transactions should NOT be conducted in the Spacetime Games forums. The Traders Market forums are ONLY for trades that can be conducted legally using the trade window feature in game.

Also, the more serious issue here is conducting in-game transactions for REAL money, in the forum of cash, pre-paid cards, cell-phone minutes etc. This is prohibited and is a BANNABLE offense. Do not take part in these transactions at all. Ever.

Here is the bit of the Arcane Legends Terms of Service that explains this:

(h) Account and Virtual Item Ownership
    You may not buy, sell, give or trade any account, nor attempt to buy, sell, give or trade any account. SPACETIME owns, has licensed, or otherwise has rights to all of the content that appears in game. You agree that you have no right or title in or to any such content, including without limitation the virtual goods or currency appearing or originating in the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, or any other attributes associated with an account. SPACETIME does not recognize any purported transfers of virtual property executed outside of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT, or the purported sale, gift or trade in the "real world" of anything that appears or originates therein. You may not sell in-game items or currency for "real" money, or exchange those items or currency for value outside of the game.

These are not my words but of Remiem a former Moderator. http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...=1#post1800151
    Last edited by Chocolaty; 01-11-2017 at 09:42 PM.
    #Bluelivesmatter #StopTrashTreads2017 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF5...BTc_Pp4oWa2kwQ

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree