Thread: My Last Idea of This Update

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Default My Last Idea of This Update

Okay, so now i know everyone, EVERYONE is happy about the new update and i am one of the few people who hate it so let's just do a small change in the game, which is making the capable items not tradeable or even stashable, all okay with 3pcs and 2pcs, i know i was angry about that too but whatever...

So why i want capable items remain untradeable and unstashable :-

1) This will make people to PVE too, not just merch and pvpv and then buy the capable items later.
    2) Oldgens will actually have some exclusivity left for their items, even though they lost angel set and black dragon sets but something is better then nothing.

What do you guys think??
    Thanks for reading!
    "Treat others like you want yourself to be treated, time will reflect your doing upon you someday..."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Lol again with the 'oldgens'. This is the worst idea ever from every perspective.

I've come to hate the word 'exclusivity' after seeing it being used so incorrectly and selfishly all the time. Nobody lost anything. People sold their previously untradeable items for gold and now they are complaining that just about anyone can obtain these items. If they truly believed that their items were exclusive they wouldn't have sold them, period. Plus, all these items are still exclusive because you cannot get them by farming or with platinum, only from players who already owned them. All this talk about getting 'exclusive' items easily is BS. Someone who has enough money to buy a Fossilized Egg has done as much work to get that money as a person who got the Egg by capping in 4 days.

Now coming to the real point; if STS were to make these items untradeable again, players who sold everything would have lost all their 'exclusive' items. Other players who didn't have these items would now have them forever. So there really is no way to differentiate between 'oldgens' and 'newgens' (not that there was ever a need to do that), which completely defeats the purpose of this post, which is to make 'oldgens' special.

I'm sure you would have thought of this too, if you took a minute. Did you buy all the cap vanities already? Then I see why you would want to post this. ;p.
    Last edited by Bazinga!; 01-13-2017 at 07:16 AM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bazinga! For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bazinga! View Post
    Lol again with the 'oldgens'. This is the worst idea ever from every perspective.

I've come to hate the word 'exclusivity' after seeing it being used so incorrectly and selfishly all the time. Nobody lost anything. People sold their previously untradeable items for gold and now they are complaining that just about anyone can obtain these items. If they truly believed that their items were exclusive they wouldn't have sold them, period. Plus, all these items are still exclusive because you cannot get them by farming or with platinum, only from players who already owned them. All this talk about getting 'exclusive' items easily is BS. Someone who has enough money to buy a Fossilized Egg has done as much work to get that money as a person who got the Egg by capping in 4 days.

Now coming to the real point; if STS were to make these items untradeable again, players who sold everything would have lost all their 'exclusive' items. Other players who didn't have these items would now have them forever. So there really is no way to differentiate between 'oldgens' and 'newgens' (not that there was ever a need to do that), which completely defeats the purpose of this post, which is to make 'oldgens' special.

I'm sure you would have thought of this too, if you took a minute. Did you buy all the cap vanities already? Then I see why you would want to post this. ;p.
    Couldnt agree more. Ive been asking random people who I had seen in 2012-2013 for cap vanities and some said offer some said no. The ones who said no had told me that they wanted to keep it for all the work they had done to obtain it. This, however, means that they want to keep them. This "oldgen" term makes me angry as well because I started in 2012 and im not considered old because I dont have the cap vanities? About the stopping these tradeable items, I completely disagree. These items should continue to be traded because once again vanities are supposed to be for looks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Very old gen here.
    When I see someone wearing CoP and the other cap vanities I do not think about how they got it, if they bought it, but about I how I got mine. About hundreds of hideout runs. About rounding up mobs in stronghold with my pally. About doing stupid quests to craft the crown. About doing endless guild runs in Nuri's and Fang. About standing in Fang town and equipping the robe while the four people I just ran with cheered me on
    This is what I have in mind when I see an old cap vanity. And this is all the exclusivity I need, I have exclusive and good memories, no matter who else is wearing those items.

Those you call new gen have never had the chance to make those memories as they weren't around back then. Why not allow them to make some now? "Remember when I had saved enough gold to buy a Crown of Persistence?

It's not like they are robbing items out of other people's stashes so I'd say just let it go.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby!!! For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Nah, STS would have to remove all the cap vanities from accs and return them to their original accounts, which would take a lot of time and effort. Instead of being salty about past items, maybe give STS ideas and push for a new, better cap?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Guys you might be misunderstanding me, what i actually meant is leave all the angelic sets and everything which people bought, make the capable items untradeable for any further cap(if any) so that there is some value of PVE as you can buy experience points from plat and power level so PVE is just forgotten now, except for peope like ruby

@Bazinga, i got 1.4m in gold so i can just buy is NOTHING untradeable
    ;p
    "Treat others like you want yourself to be treated, time will reflect your doing upon you someday..."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ignitedmage View Post
    Guys you might be misunderstanding me, what i actually meant is leave all the angelic sets and everything which people bought, make the capable items untradeable for any further cap(if any) so that there is some value of PVE as you can buy experience points from plat and power level so PVE is just forgotten now, except for peope like ruby

;p
    I think they completely understand what you are talking about and Ruby is right. His exclusive memories are really all that count. Guess what I played back then but couldnt really work the game until mt fang, so yeah when I do get enough money to buy CoP I will and I will remember it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ignitedmage View Post

;p
    I think I don't get it sorry
    What items so you mean with capable? End game elite sets?

Thank you for mentioning my pve dominion
    Only low level I should add

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby!!! For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby!!! View Post
    I think I don't get it sorry
    What items so you mean with capable? End game elite sets?

Thank you for mentioning my pve dominion
    Only low level I should add
    It took me a while to figure out what he's saying as well. I think he means cap-able as in cap vanities.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

There's no roll back, u need to understand that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

who cares about exclusivity?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

what ruby said; when i see someone with any vanities like grat or angel sets, it just reminds me of the fun times i had getting them, memories.
    nothing lasts forever