Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New "Gratitude shield" idea

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buchmeister View Post
    Then you haven't been reading the forums.
    That would surprise a lot of ppl incl me!
    This thread and Ignited's sound more like sugestions rather than complaints compared to some of the hissyfits ive seen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

To the people who don't want this to happen. You don't want it to happen because there will be more account selling? Thats like saying everyone should only be lvl 1 so no one will want to buy a lvl 80 bear. There will always be account selling for cash (happens when the player quits). People bought accounts with just Founders because of the stat bonus. No one will buy an account with just a 3 year pl shield would they? I think Cinco should make an item for people who started the game in 2010 (specifically shield). Because why wouldn't you give an account whose been with you through the start something that not everyone can get (make sure it has no stats). Account selling happens no matter what, the only thing to do is to release all the really rare vanitys to completely wipe out 95% of the black market. Cinco should also increase the gold for platinum ratios so black market people dont spend money on gold!
    Last edited by City; 01-13-2017 at 10:40 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

No one will buy an account with just a 3 year pl shield would they?
    yes, people would, that i can guarantee. Black market trading is never going die, though this is a step in the right direction. Adding this would just cause more acc's to be sold.
    nothing lasts forever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

so with that logic you are suggesting there should never be a new level cap because people can just buy accounts who don't want to level?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by City View Post
    so with that logic you are suggesting there should never be a new level cap because people can just buy accounts who don't want to level?
    PL should have what AL Have, Pay 250 Plats to jump to a higher Level Up for those who don't want to level.

Git – Ssneakykills

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by City;2647748/
    To the people who don't want this to happen. You don't want it to happen because there will be more account selling? Thats like saying everyone should only be lvl 1 so no one will want to buy a lvl 80 bear.
    No, it's not.

City;2647748]No one will buy an account with just a 3 year pl shield would they?
    Yes they most certainly would.

City;2647748I think Cinco should make an item for people who started the game in 2010 (specifically shield). Because why wouldn't you give an account whose been with you through the start something that not everyone can get (make sure it has no stats).
    And thus would create exclusivity that promotes the black market.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

I do agree and understand the feelings of those who have helped and made contribution over the years, others and including me have stayed on and played over the years facing many ups and downs PL have to offer, what many of the old and still active players wants is just a shred of identity a recognition like the 'Medal of Honor', since everything have been striped of our vanity's, all because of those irresponsible who have sold or have been robbed of there account to become 'The impersonator', we have lost our Past and our honor that we have so loyally defended, Some have been awarded for personal acts of valor above and beyond the call of duty to make this game great, Painlessly endlessly contribute hosting community events and games, and many act thru ideas and words of wisdom in forum are the 'keyboard Warrior' (accept me and Waug, we murder and butcher English Grammar) , So what are we have left??? We are the victim of current circumstances, DUE TO THIS WE ARE THE FALLEN HERO THE FORGOTTEN HERO THE PEOPLE WITH NO IDENTITY, How can we tell and how can we Proof and how can we mentor the new players if we our self cannot proof who we are and how we have made thru the many many years contributing to this game that we love so much and stayed on, what i am feeling now its just a Pile of Poop, many of us don't want to be salute, don't want to be worshiped, all we have wanted is the identity that just one small token of vanity a single vanity that can explain why and the reasons we have it, so we can tell how it was like before, how was it before, its like being a senior citizen getting 50% discount riding a bus, with this single token of vanity's its our last shred of identity's.

Cinco, Please grant this forgotten and fallen hero of time, i want my Pink Pony.

Git – Ssneakykills

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bglir For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bglir View Post
    I do agree and understand the feelings of those who have helped and made contribution over the years, others and including me have stayed on and played over the years facing many ups and downs PL have to offer, what many of the old and still active players wants is just a shred of identity a recognition like the 'Medal of Honor', since everything have been striped of our vanity's, all because of those irresponsible who have sold or have been robbed of there account to become 'The impersonator', we have lost our Past and our honor that we have so loyally defended, Some have been awarded for personal acts of valor above and beyond the call of duty to make this game great, Painlessly endlessly contribute hosting community events and games, and many act thru ideas and words of wisdom in forum are the 'keyboard Warrior' (accept me and Waug, we murder and butcher English Grammar) , So what are we have left??? We are the victim of current circumstances, DUE TO THIS WE ARE THE FALLEN HERO THE FORGOTTEN HERO THE PEOPLE WITH NO IDENTITY, How can we tell and how can we Proof and how can we mentor the new players if we our self cannot proof who we are and how we have made thru the many many years contributing to this game that we love so much and stayed on, what i am feeling now its just a Pile of Poop, many of us don't want to be salute, don't want to be worshiped, all we have wanted is the identity that just one small token of vanity a single vanity that can explain why and the reasons we have it, so we can tell how it was like before, how was it before, its like being a senior citizen getting 50% discount riding a bus, with this single token of vanity's its our last shred of identity's.

Cinco, Please grant this forgotten and fallen hero of time, i want my Pink Pony.
    No. No. No.
    It MUST be a light purple pony to go with founders and gratitude

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby!!! For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

I've always wondered which year establishes yourself as an oldie. Is it no later than 2010 or 2011?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Or perhaps instead of shields based on when you've joined, you should be granted a shield for the x years you have had an sts account. That way players have an incentive to continue playing.
    IGNS: TUBBYBEHR!! LVL 40 REAPER NUKEY. LVL 40 MAGE PALLY SHUMIAN,+ xsmxkitesxfdx ~ 17~ and xsmskitexfdx ~ 27~

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    258 Posts

I love the idea of a gift awarded to players for the time they have played the game.

However, there are consequences to that idea.

Yes the exclusiveness of those accounts will make them appealing to those ego based players who want recognition for something they didn't earn legitimately.

Why do players continue to blackmarket accounts and items?
    - Its all about ego and feeling good, thinking you are better than others,
    - The laziness of levelling up toons to use for PVP and and PVE.
    - To benefit and make real life money off a demand in all online games.

The integrity of the games are always compromised when an account is sold. PL was much less toxic back then, when players wanted to help each other and played just for friends and the love of the game.

Now the game is full of greedy players who want to cheat and scam, lie, impersonate, all for personal gratification of the scam and profiting real life money from all this.

You have the ego based players who wish to stand around all day and show off and pretend they are the best on an online game because they bought items and accounts for real life money. They are the ones who feed this blackmarket.

What is the solution?

There is no easy fix, that will make everyone happy.

I was discussing this with my friend who works in IT, the grey space of internet security.

How does STS prove that someone has bought an account? if there is no sufficient evidence on their game? They can not use other social applications evidence since they do not have access to their databases and any screen shot can be fabricated.

Can STS run a back ground report on all accounts that have changed from their original email, check the different ISP addresses used on those accounts, check the number of times the original email has been changed.

But does that still prove the person has sold the account? In many cases this is so. In rare occasions the owner is just protective over internet security and changes their password often.

I say be like Oprah, make people happy, give back to others.
    Last edited by Fwend; 01-14-2017 at 04:44 PM. Reason: .

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HeyitsTubs View Post
    Or perhaps instead of shields based on when you've joined, you should be granted a shield for the x years you have had an sts account. That way players have an incentive to continue playing.
    Huhhh, thats something already lmao
    "I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow to the knee"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Well i guess this update was made to cancel out all the black market but I do agree with some sort of vanity to show the difference between oldies and new gens but it will bring black market up again.

ELITE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby!!! View Post
    No. No. No.
    It MUST be a light purple pony to go with founders and gratitude

yes please!
    nothing lasts forever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

You guys don't challenge cinco or soon we'll have ponies running in the townes
    "Treat others like you want yourself to be treated, time will reflect your doing upon you someday..."

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Ignitedmage For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ignitedmage View Post
    You guys don't challenge cinco or soon we'll have ponies running in the townes
    you're making that sound like that would be an issue.
    nothing lasts forever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Burningdex View Post
    you're making that sound like that would be an issue.
    Nah that would be great, as PL will stay PL
    Pony Legends!
    "Treat others like you want yourself to be treated, time will reflect your doing upon you someday..."

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Ignitedmage For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ignitedmage View Post
    Nah that would be great, as PL will stay PL
    Pony Legends!
    would much rather farmin' legends

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    nothing lasts forever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Burningdex View Post
    would much rather farmin' legends
    No Tradeable Legends best!