Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Why does the number pad not work for skills.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Default Why does the number pad not work for skills.

Trying to use the number pad for skills but instead of using skills they still work as arrow keys. I have my keyboard set on numlock so if I type, only numbers are produced, but if I turn numlock off then the keys with arrows work as arrows moving left and right. Even in game, with numlock on and I type it produces numbers but when im not typing they work as arrow keys. It makes no sense, anybody have an idea?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

same for me, it would be awesome if AL had keybindings so we could change which button does what.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Arkiouj For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arkiouj View Post
    same for me, it would be awesome if AL had keybindings so we could change which button does what.
    +1 to this idea. I am more used to "W A S D" from many hours of fps games. The problem with the skill button being directly above the wasd is the fact that i am not able to hold down w and d while charging a skill. Maby with some practice it would work but i think it will be alittle more convinient one of our hand could use wasd and the other using the numlock buttons for skills/pots

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Daggee View Post
    +1 to this idea. I am more used to "W A S D" from many hours of fps games. The problem with the skill button being directly above the wasd is the fact that i am not able to hold down w and d while charging a skill. Maby with some practice it would work but i think it will be alittle more convinient one of our hand could use wasd and the other using the numlock buttons for skills/pots
    this exactly, fortunately i got my ps3 controller to work again so I dont have to use keyboard anymore YAAYY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lawpvp View Post
    this exactly, fortunately i got my ps3 controller to work again so I dont have to use keyboard anymore YAAYY
    I use 1, 2, 3, 4, 5(pet aa) where 1-2-3-4 are skills depending on their place in my skills map. I use the arrow keys to move though..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I use a chromebook to play usually, so I would love this feature!! +1

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #7
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Technically speaking, it is a completely separate input value than the regular 1 2 3 4 5 keys and we only support one key. Those ones are more commonly used and thus were chosen.

I believe it's possible to find a 3rd party application that "remaps" keys on the PC that can take the input from any key and make it internally press a key of your choosing which would then allow you to assign a NUM pad key to the regular number keys when they are pressed. There is potential for a small amount of lag from this and we also can't recommend any third party tools for such a thing but google may be able to help you.

Best of luck!
    Last edited by Carapace; 01-18-2017 at 12:13 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Maybe instead of 12345 it should be the keys GHJKL used for the same actions.. Along with ASDW for moving it'd be way easier than overlapping hands in order to click everything and *usually* mess up ..
    right now most comfortable for me is to use mouse for shooting :/ Tried moving with arrow keys with right hand, shooting with 12345 left hand, very uncomfortable
    Also.. using 3rd party application that is kinda complicated for some of us to understand in the first reading of the sentence.. are you sure it won't be recognized as something that can be identified as "against ToS" at some point?

11.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #9
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elichka View Post
    Maybe instead of 12345 it should be the keys GHJKL used for the same actions.. Along with ASDW for moving it'd be way easier than overlapping hands in order to click everything and *usually* mess up ..
    right now most comfortable for me is to use mouse for shooting :/ Tried moving with arrow keys with right hand, shooting with 12345 left hand, very uncomfortable
    Also.. using 3rd party application that is kinda complicated for some of us to understand in the first reading of the sentence.. are you sure it won't be recognized as something that can be identified as "against ToS" at some point?
    I can't guarantee that, usually that is worried about something like a macro program which is used for botting. The safest course of action is no action.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    I can't guarantee that, usually that is worried about something like a macro program which is used for botting. The safest course of action is no action.
    Came upon this on some discussions, how about the use of auto clicker (set to click at say 50ms) does it contributes in anyhow to ping spike, server latency or any network issue?
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree