Thread: Proposal to end the Dodgepocalypse, a simple dodge cap

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby!!! View Post
    IMO the main thing changing the higher level you are should be damage and armor

The percentage stats hit crit dodge can't vary that much or you get unbalanced builds like that 250 % hit stuff they just had in endgame or the dodge problem addressed in this thread

So I think it's the non-percentage stats that should be scaled over the levels
    Attackelfs cap idea would lead to that by converting percentage stats to non-percentage stats and that I like
    The modifier to damage and armor, like the cap may have to be modified a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    First off, thoughtful post should be appreciated but there are few concern -

To do this they have to touch core algorithm and make changes into it, but this upto em, if they would try to do it or not. But roll back, I don't think that's gonna happen in any way.
    One thing to note about the "Core algorithm" - they just made modifications in the latest patch. My interpretation of that is that they are willing to do so.

Note where it says "statistics":
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...s-Super-Elites

Quote Originally Posted by Waug View Post
    First off, thoughtful post should be appreciated but there are few concern -

Having a flat dodge cap simply means everybody would dodge same amount of hits on an average, which is AGAINST basics of pl, because dodge has been an advantage to specific class/gear, so when they don't have it, they have other advantages in the place.

Flat dodge cap also wouldn't serve the basic purpose to make PvP more than mostly luck based because then you also know why you suggested ~60% [>50%]which would still make mostly dodgy on an average.

Let's come to the class spefic dodge cap, as you also mentioned that this would take lots of tweaking BUT flat dodge cap also would take lots of tweaking because of the reason I already mentioned, some would loose the advantage of high dodge and some would have advantage of dodging same even though armor would be replacement, SIMPLY BECAUSE armor can't replace dodge directly BUT ARMOR CAN BE USED TO balance classes that means in both cases it would take lots of tweaking.

If you need tweaking, then simply best solution is to squeeze the percentage base stats and then in future bring new gear/cap etc in an way that these percentage based stats eg. dodge, hit%, crit etc remain in a healthy stat that means new gear/cap won't increase these stats. And then you can tweak other stats to balance classes and gear, this is pretty much long term and better solution, exactly this has been done mostly.

Also let me tell you even though dodgepoclypse quite dramatic name, dodge isnot totally eliminated, neither it should be if we don't wanna think something out of pl, rather dodge along with other % stats should remain in a healthy state.

That's why I wanted a class specific dodge cap. Or it could also be based on what the person specs out:;

• Global dodge cap of say, 60%
    • Str and Dex based builds might get 60%, along with pally (defined as 50% or more allocated to Str)
    • For int it may be as low as 30%

The actual numbers will have to be worked out.

To be honest, I always felt that having PvP luck based was a bad idea. I've seen games where 30% dodge has been more than adequate to make important tactical considerations in class vs class combination.

I prefer skill based over the luck of a random number generator myself, which would make the game a bit more like an FPS or perhaps something like Team Fortress or Overwatch. Getting a kill depends on your ability to pull off the shots, especially in the case of units like snipers.

Another even more complex option might to follow WOW - each piece of armor gives a fixed amount of points, of which declines for each level. That would require lots of work, but might be a very satisfying game overall.
    Last edited by WhoIsThis; 01-14-2017 at 12:44 PM.