Thread: mmaaggeess

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

Default mmaaggeess

Cant speak for the endgame community or levels under 27.

But from what i have seen post-update is that mages have either: too much armor, or too much damage output (even both). They can kill all classes in a matter of seconds with criticals reaching over 400 damage. (enough for a fire and auto crit to kill a bird). This needs a fix.

What i propose is a crit/damage reduction on BoM, or an armor reduction on BoV, or perhaps what Myst said on another thread; make MS have no armor buff and make it only repel a certain amount of damage before it fades, so missing blast isnt the end of a fight. Perhaps a 10-15% crit or damage reduction on mages, im not sure. But they need a fix or people will eventually quit due to a strong imbalance in PvP(and pve to an extent).

Im definitely not the first to complain, nor the best person to give a solution. All i suggest is a tweaking of mage stats, how, i am not sure.
    nothing lasts forever

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Burningdex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Burningdex View Post
    Cant speak for the endgame community or levels under 27.

But from what i have seen post-update is that mages have either: too much armor, or too much damage output (even both). They can kill all classes in a matter of seconds with criticals reaching over 400 damage. (enough for a fire and auto crit to kill a bird). This needs a fix.

What i propose is a crit/damage reduction on BoM, or an armor reduction on BoV, or perhaps what Myst said on another thread; make MS have no armor buff and make it only repel a certain amount of damage before it fades, so missing blast isnt the end of a fight. Perhaps a 10-15% crit or damage reduction on mages, im not sure. But they need a fix or people will eventually quit due to a strong imbalance in PvP(and pve to an extent).

Im definitely not the first to complain, nor the best person to give a solution. All i suggest is a tweaking of mage stats, how, i am not sure.
    I'm not entirely sure that making the shield take a certain amount of damage instead of mana is a nerf, to be honest. A lot of the time, manashield is a last effort to win. If you don't win fast enough, it usually means that you just run out of mana and lose. Especially against bears, manashield working how it does makes it difficult to want to just use it, which is the point I'd imagine.

If you look at mage in general, I'd say that its strongest aspects are the manashield, BoM and healing. The healing has already been reduced, and we could reduce it more, but that seems excessive, as the heals/drains heals already feel significantly affected. I think reducing crit from BoM and removing armor from manashield makes the most sense at this point. That said, I'm more in favor on the side of removing armor from mana shield. Just remove excess strength before removing the core of the class.

My experience thus far has been in 50 and 35 mostly, if you're wondering.
    Last edited by Zapoke; 01-15-2017 at 01:13 AM. Reason: grammar

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Im guessing your saying this about level 35? Mages aren't the problem that level literally any class except birds can kill them very quickly i think you should be fighting for a low level bird buff..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

Zap, i agree.

@plpr yeah, 35, but ive had people say they are insane at 80. Not sure about a bird buff, i feel like that just makes them
    overpowered.
    nothing lasts forever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

I rush mages at 40 with bear and I do just fine (even beat on u my 40 )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Zap, i agree.

@plpr yeah, 35, but ive had people say they are insane at 80. Not sure about a bird buff, i feel like that just makes them
    overpowered.
    Yea true i think a problem could be that levels 30-40 there isn't a very good ranged weapon for birds which gives them a severe disadvantage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by plpr View Post
    Yea true i think a problem could be that levels 30-40 there isn't a very good ranged weapon for birds which gives them a severe disadvantage.

that's a good point actually. the only half decent one is .9 chunker, but even that lacks skill dmg compared to iceberg longsword. maybe that's the only reason birds struggle, im not sure. mages still do insane amounts of damage regardless.
    nothing lasts forever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

6 BoM used to be 30 dmg 60 % crit and got adjusted to 30/25 % during level 9 skill revamp

I get that balanced PvP means a lot for many people but for myself further nerfing BoM would really suck

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby!!! For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby!!! View Post
    6 BoM used to be 30 dmg 60 % crit and got adjusted to 30/25 % during level 9 skill revamp

I get that balanced PvP means a lot for many people but for myself further nerfing BoM would really suck
    very true, which is why i think at this point mages are stuck how they are.
    nothing lasts forever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts

Tbh I wouldn't mind ms getting a armor removal/nerf, at l71 birds are a little better than Mages since one blind = 50-60 hit
    BestChuck Inflated, Vonc Overrated, Flashx Outdated, TSM Eliminated!
    Woooo Gabevizzle 😜💙

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

56 mages are extremely nukey against 56 birds, and they take a good bit of damage too.
    attachment.jpeg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Well Mages at L80 do need a nerf a buffed bird can unload all its skills on an 80 mage and that mage is still alive

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    388 Posts

Zap, i agree.

overpowered.
    Sure, at 80 they are overpowered but you can clearly delineate the newbies from the oldies in the play style. In fact, birds can kill fast if you dont MS; before, recall that mages rarely used MS against other classes besides their own and still managed to rekt everyone.

From what I see, MS seems to be quite OP. The second you put that thing up, you have such a meaty shield with such a meaty mana pool. It is almost impossible to burn through that if you play it right.

However, in my opinion, you an clearly see the nubs from the skilled. Pressing the right buttons at the right time really makes a difference. Heal timing is very important to maximize your time NOT needing the MS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

can someone post stats of unbuffed and buffed intex wand mage (pure)?
    nothing lasts forever

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    147 Posts

Lol bird had its time... I used to play 35 bird when it was good and mages didnt stand a chance... 40 birds with cutter are good tho

18. The Following User Says Thank You to humiiii For This Useful Post: