Thread: Percent Health Damage Weapons and Pets

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Default Percent Health Damage Weapons and Pets

Just a quick observation for the Rogues out there. In the mausoleum maps, the bosses have reasonably high HP, and I have found a terrific, relatively inexpensive way to combat them:

Immortal Corruption Bow
    Attacks will PROC Creeping Death, which does percent health damage to enemies. Granted the the PROC isn't terribly frequent, but two or more Rogues with this bow ensures somewhat consistent PROC rates and just causes the HP to tick down rapidly. Just be sure to always tap the auto attack between skill rotations to trigger a PROC.

Current price: 1,000,000 gold
    Apparently, others are using this same weapon on mausoleum bosses and it is driving up the value. Snag one while you can!

Fenris
    Arcane Ability takes 2.5% of enemy HP. It is useless on mobs, but against bosses it is quite powerful (especially if used in concert with other players).

The cooldown is about 20 seconds, so in a decent group, you should be able to land the AA at least 2-3 times, more in some cases against certain bosses. Theoretically, if you have 4 Fenris AA's being rotated, every 20 seconds is a guaranteed 10% HP hit. Coupled with Corruption Bow PROCs, bosses will drop really, really quickly.

Current Price:65,000 gold
    Price has steadily climbed up from 35k shortly after the event, so as boss HP's get higher, I think this pet will become all the more desirable. Pick up one while the eggs are still cheap in auction!

I don't know if there are any other weapons out there with percent health damage/procs, but these two items (bow and pet) will surely hold value, even in future seasons/expansions.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Two mages with hex staff work wonders too. Nice info.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

SNS pool or Magma DOT AA does wonder on Boss in new map boss if use correctly with mage (Dragon Staff).

Nice information above, fenris got nerf before correct?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by will0 View Post
    SNS pool or Magma DOT AA does wonder on Boss in new map boss if use correctly with mage (Dragon Staff).

Nice information above, fenris got nerf before correct?
    Yes, the Magma AA is terrific if the boss is pulled into a corner!

SnS pools are kind difficult to control, unless you pull into a corner, dismiss SnS and resummon, then AA. That way, the pools are neatly stacked.

Fenris was indeed nerfed...by a lot, but he is still good. Upon first release, it was 2.5% per tick, yielding something like 20% HP drain per AA. Yeah, a bit OP. But, given the 20 second cooldown, I'd rather see 5% HP drain instead of 2.5% though. Either way, percent hp damage will only get more OP as boss HP scales to insane levels.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

If its about killing a mausoleum bosses then take a mage with dragon staff.

In my experience dragon staff is the beat weapon to use to kill those bosses.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to yubaraj For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    240 Posts

Mages in mausoleum absolutely need 2 weapons (hex staff for clearing mobs and dragon staff vs bosses).
    For rogues I'd recommend using dragonblades for mobs and a lvl 61 dagger for bosses.
    For tank, aegis vs mobs (some tanks prefer immortal aegis for stunning undead mages, not needed if there's a dragon blades rogue user and glintstone aegis for clearing mobs faster), dragon sword can also be helpful against bosses but it's the mage that should mostly take care of the bosses with their dragon staff.
    Tip: instead of using fenris or magma aa vs boss use tyranica's aa in combination with dragon staff . Thank me later
    Last edited by Abuze; 01-17-2017 at 09:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Abuze View Post
    Mages in mausoleum absolutely need 2 weapons (hex staff for clearing mobs and dragon staff vs bosses).
    For rogues I'd recommend using dragonblades for mobs and a lvl 61 dagger for bosses.
    For tank, aegis vs mobs (some tanks prefer immortal aegis for stunning undead mages, not needed if there's a dragon blades rogue user and glintstone aegis for clearing mobs faster), dragon sword can also be helpful against bosses but it's the mage that should mostly take care of the bosses with their dragon staff.
    Tip: instead of using fenris or magma aa vs boss use tyranica's aa in combination with dragon staff . Thank me later
    I definitely agree about the Hex staffs! They do make quite a difference with mob clearing.

I am also good with one dragon blade rogue. My preference is to have a second rogue with dusk/light daggers to kill mobs (specifically mages and wizards) quickly. Blades do indeed deliver a lot of damage against bosses, but they have such high hp, that I simply found the proc of the bow to work faster.

You will have to explain to me why Tyrannica is good for boss fights. Thus far, I have found the pet....underwhelming, to put it kindly.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Abuze View Post
    Why tyranica?

Sent from my LT26ii using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

1 mage with dragon staff can easily replace 2 rogues with any weapons at boss fight.

It's somewhat crazy because rogues always were boss killers.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Alwarez For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

I don't agree with you about mages using hex staff. Yes it's good, but if you think about it it's not that good in Mausoleum.
    Look it this way, if staff procs and mages curse you, you are pretty much dead.
    If you ask me, i had better experience with mages using Immortal Staff, if it procs, it banishes, simple as that. Proc is so often, for the ones who can use it properly.
    Everyone has opinion, but if you ask me, i would hate to run with mage that is using hex staff in Mausoleum 5. Mausoleum 4 isn't hard, but Immortal Staff proc will even more and i think best weapon is Immortal Staff. It is cheap, and if mages gets STR HP and INT awakening, believe me, you are pretty much maxed out for Mausoleum 4-5.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HulkieBeast For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

There is no argument that for a single boss a mage should use the Dragon Staff for the % HP drain. There are some mages who confuse the charged attack (Consecration, which is only a buff/AOE) and spam that instead of the normal attack which does the proc.

+1 on using Immortal Staff for mobs. While I still have a hexstone staff and watching Wildfire burn everything is still super powerful and fun, I prefer the fast banish when you're in a PT with good complementary AOE procs, worm/SNS pools etc. it's just underrated because Wildfire looks so impressive, while Rotting Flesh just made chunks of enemies disappear with little commotion . The higher the health of the enemy the better chance at hitting enough Rotting Flesh stacks to cause the banish, so it'll be even better in M5 as stated by others.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    139 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yubaraj View Post
    If its about killing a mausoleum bosses then take a mage with dragon staff.

In my experience dragon staff is the beat weapon to use to kill those bosses.
    Flame staff works better

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by msustro View Post
    There is no argument that for a single boss a mage should use the Dragon Staff for the % HP drain. There are some mages who confuse the charged attack (Consecration, which is only a buff/AOE) and spam that instead of the normal attack which does the proc.

+1 on using Immortal Staff for mobs. While I still have a hexstone staff and watching Wildfire burn everything is still super powerful and fun, I prefer the fast banish when you're in a PT with good complementary AOE procs, worm/SNS pools etc. it's just underrated because Wildfire looks so impressive, while Rotting Flesh just made chunks of enemies disappear with little commotion . The higher the health of the enemy the better chance at hitting enough Rotting Flesh stacks to cause the banish, so it'll be even better in M5 as stated by others.
    totally agree .. Immortal staff for Mobs (banish) and Dragon Staff for boss fight (just spam auto attack not AA) always works for me and now elite lightbringer. Dusk weapon are pretty useless for mages in pve in new maps.

*Mages* please don't use dragon staff AA on groups mobs the damage is negligible
    Last edited by will0; 01-18-2017 at 07:54 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Plqgue View Post
    Flame staff works better
    no, you don't know what a percent of a Very big number means. read msustro's (or will0's) post if you don't know how to use drag staff. to proc % -hp boss.
    Last edited by voidPtr; 01-18-2017 at 10:04 PM.