Thread: Percent Health Damage Weapons and Pets

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

There is no argument that for a single boss a mage should use the Dragon Staff for the % HP drain. There are some mages who confuse the charged attack (Consecration, which is only a buff/AOE) and spam that instead of the normal attack which does the proc.

+1 on using Immortal Staff for mobs. While I still have a hexstone staff and watching Wildfire burn everything is still super powerful and fun, I prefer the fast banish when you're in a PT with good complementary AOE procs, worm/SNS pools etc. it's just underrated because Wildfire looks so impressive, while Rotting Flesh just made chunks of enemies disappear with little commotion . The higher the health of the enemy the better chance at hitting enough Rotting Flesh stacks to cause the banish, so it'll be even better in M5 as stated by others.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by msustro View Post
    There is no argument that for a single boss a mage should use the Dragon Staff for the % HP drain. There are some mages who confuse the charged attack (Consecration, which is only a buff/AOE) and spam that instead of the normal attack which does the proc.

+1 on using Immortal Staff for mobs. While I still have a hexstone staff and watching Wildfire burn everything is still super powerful and fun, I prefer the fast banish when you're in a PT with good complementary AOE procs, worm/SNS pools etc. it's just underrated because Wildfire looks so impressive, while Rotting Flesh just made chunks of enemies disappear with little commotion . The higher the health of the enemy the better chance at hitting enough Rotting Flesh stacks to cause the banish, so it'll be even better in M5 as stated by others.
    totally agree .. Immortal staff for Mobs (banish) and Dragon Staff for boss fight (just spam auto attack not AA) always works for me and now elite lightbringer. Dusk weapon are pretty useless for mages in pve in new maps.

*Mages* please don't use dragon staff AA on groups mobs the damage is negligible
    Last edited by will0; 01-18-2017 at 07:54 PM.