Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Post your Guild Battleground feedback here

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    Within the Guild Battleground, on respawn all players are granted a 5 second immunity shield which prevents all damage, but allows the use of abilities. If you move, the shield is then broken. If enemies are attempting to spawn kill, try firing off some abilities once you spawn without moving. They'll learn pretty quickly they need to back away.
    If that solved anything, there wouldn't be any complaints. Perhaps you should try its effectiveness yourself?

Anyway, I think we would all appreciate a response on some of the other issues brought by the people in this thread. Battleground is a really nice addition to the game and has a great potential imo, it would be a shame to leave it in its current condition or with some cosmetic changes. So yeah, some info on what you are planning to improve would be very nice.

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #2
    Spacetime Studios Dev VROOMIGoRealFast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tatman View Post
    If that solved anything, there wouldn't be any complaints. Perhaps you should try its effectiveness yourself?

Anyway, I think we would all appreciate a response on some of the other issues brought by the people in this thread. Battleground is a really nice addition to the game and has a great potential imo, it would be a shame to leave it in its current condition or with some cosmetic changes. So yeah, some info on what you are planning to improve would be very nice.
    Ok then tell me what's not working about it in your play experience.

You respawn, you're sitting there immune to all damage for 5 seconds. You can fire off your abilities to hurt anyone within range, as long as you don't move. What is the other team doing to continue to spawn camp you?

For those asking about a specific zone where you're immune to all damage there's problems with it:
    1) If we allow you to re-enter the zone, play will become hiding in the immunity zone and trying to land a shot on a player and then hiding some more.
    2) Even if we don't allow you to re-enter once you exit, once your team has the lead you can all hide behind there and ruin the battleground experience.
    3) If we auto-kick you out of the safe zone after a certain time (to fix issue #2) then we just re-introduced the issue we tried to solve in the first place.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    Ok then tell me what's not working about it in your play experience.

You respawn, you're sitting there immune to all damage for 5 seconds. You can fire off your abilities to hurt anyone within range, as long as you don't move. What is the other team doing to continue to spawn camp you?
    That's why, as I said, it would be best if you just go do a few of these fights and see for yourself. And every time you get killed, instead of rushing back to the fight or to the regroup spot asap, you do what you suggested - wait for a few seconds looking around for enemies trying to spawn kill you. Your team will be at a disadvantage most of the time.

Anyway, this is not really the biggest issue at the moment, at least in my opinion. To me, of much bigger concern is the fact that right now it is really hard and annoying to try and organize a fight. We have almost given up on battlegrounds at the moment and I know other guilds have too. The biggest culprit (not the only one though), of course, is the GM thing. We heard your "integrity challenge" reasoning, that's okay, but I don't think I know anyone (including quite a few GMs of other guilds) who agrees with it and with the current situation in general. Think about this again.