Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Post your Guild Battleground feedback here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Cool A Masters perspective

A few observations about battle grounds from a masters perspective
    1.The position combatant desperately needs to be as follows, master, officer, combatant, recruiters, members
    2. There needs to be a location for masters to go to find gbg challenges. It takes a good bit of my time to find challenges.
    3. Spawn killing is a problem would be better if there was a line the other team can't cross of a shield of some sorts. Some of our guilds have intentionally not doing this but not all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

It could be nice that you had some info on the guild that challenged you

A ranking system for the guilds, bronze silver gold...etc

There is a visual bug or lag with the warrior axe pull. Example: I run behind a rock and a warr pull me before I'm out of range, in my screen it shows that I'm behind the rock and is still being pulled then killed, after my death it shows that I were pulled close to the warrior. This does also apply to the Pvp maps.

Sendt fra min SM-G935F med Tapatalk
    Last edited by leslietheone; 01-26-2017 at 11:21 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I only have issues with the colours. I cannot tell the dif between them lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh and btw sts..

I see threads get your attention. So once i can, ill be making one to get it.
    Because it seems that 5 MONTHS!! Of emailing you about an issue that is YOUR MISTAKE doesn't do didly squat. Neither does messaging devs throught forums.
    Ohhh and even rankin on your app throught google hasnt done anything.
    Not even ONE reply. Real nice and pro.

So ill make one as soon as im able. Because this issue is the 3rd time its happened and i want it fixed. Other times u fixed and now your just ignoring me.

Heads up... or heres an idea... reply?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

pls add an option to see the battle pls ..sorry for my english

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Can you add the option to auto reject these guild battles, as our guild is not really ready for pvp & a ton of guilds are sending requests which is super annoying
    YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/marsu4u

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

A few observations about battle grounds from a masters perspective
    1.The position combatant desperately needs to be as follows, master, officer, combatant, recruiters, members
    2. There needs to be a location for masters to go to find gbg challenges. It takes a good bit of my time to find challenges.
    3. Spawn killing is a problem would be better if there was a line the other team can't cross of a shield of some sorts. Some of our guilds have intentionally not doing this but not all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    91 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by marsu4u View Post
    Can you add the option to auto reject these guild battles, as our guild is not really ready for pvp & a ton of guilds are sending requests which is super annoying
    +1 there should be a auto reject option even purge needs it due to childish trolls who tend to spam guild with troll guilds or fiend who likes to spam us 1000 times when purge is sleeping

9.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #49
    Spacetime Studios Dev VROOMIGoRealFast's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Elleabridges View Post
    Within the Guild Battleground, on respawn all players are granted a 5 second immunity shield which prevents all damage, but allows the use of abilities. If you move, the shield is then broken. If enemies are attempting to spawn kill, try firing off some abilities once you spawn without moving. They'll learn pretty quickly they need to back away.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VROOMIGoRealFast View Post
    Within the Guild Battleground, on respawn all players are granted a 5 second immunity shield which prevents all damage, but allows the use of abilities. If you move, the shield is then broken. If enemies are attempting to spawn kill, try firing off some abilities once you spawn without moving. They'll learn pretty quickly they need to back away.
    If that solved anything, there wouldn't be any complaints. Perhaps you should try its effectiveness yourself?

Anyway, I think we would all appreciate a response on some of the other issues brought by the people in this thread. Battleground is a really nice addition to the game and has a great potential imo, it would be a shame to leave it in its current condition or with some cosmetic changes. So yeah, some info on what you are planning to improve would be very nice.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    350 Posts

Could you install a board like the leaderboards where we see the guilds with an online guildmaster?

Like this:
    Deviant Misfits Galifianakhs
    Elite Runners Extrapayah
    tbc
    This board should get updated like the leaderboards every few seconds and display the current gm.

And what about a global gm chat to organize battles, e.g. /gm hey, Elite Runners here, we'd like a friendly gb 8-10:8:10 , who's interested?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    118 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Faliziaga View Post
    Could you install a board like the leaderboards where we see the guilds with an online guildmaster?

Like this:
    Deviant Misfits Galifianakhs
    Elite Runners Extrapayah
    tbc
    This board should get updated like the leaderboards every few seconds and display the current gm.

And what about a global gm chat to organize battles, e.g. /gm hey, Elite Runners here, we'd like a friendly gb 8-10:8:10 , who's interested?
    Good idea, that would help organizing battles.
    We need party-option for raid! :P

13.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #53
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tatman View Post
    If that solved anything, there wouldn't be any complaints. Perhaps you should try its effectiveness yourself?

Anyway, I think we would all appreciate a response on some of the other issues brought by the people in this thread. Battleground is a really nice addition to the game and has a great potential imo, it would be a shame to leave it in its current condition or with some cosmetic changes. So yeah, some info on what you are planning to improve would be very nice.
    Ok then tell me what's not working about it in your play experience.

You respawn, you're sitting there immune to all damage for 5 seconds. You can fire off your abilities to hurt anyone within range, as long as you don't move. What is the other team doing to continue to spawn camp you?

For those asking about a specific zone where you're immune to all damage there's problems with it:
    1) If we allow you to re-enter the zone, play will become hiding in the immunity zone and trying to land a shot on a player and then hiding some more.
    2) Even if we don't allow you to re-enter once you exit, once your team has the lead you can all hide behind there and ruin the battleground experience.
    3) If we auto-kick you out of the safe zone after a certain time (to fix issue #2) then we just re-introduced the issue we tried to solve in the first place.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

I hope member ranks are rearranged.
    From the current:
    master > officer > recruiter > combatant > member
    to
    master > officer > combatant > recruiter > member

15.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #55
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lissil View Post
    I hope member ranks are rearranged.
    From the current:
    master > officer > recruiter > combatant > member
    to
    master > officer > combatant > recruiter > member
    Can you explain the reasons for wanting this change?

Our reasoning behind having combatant below recruiter is so that you can allow people to fight in a Guild Battleground without also having to give them permissions to invite people to the guild. We believe the situation is more likely that someone joins the guild who you want to fight, but don't want to give them recruiting status.

Are players finding the opposite, that they want to allow someone to recruit members to the guild, but not fight in a Guild Battleground?
    | | | |

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VROOMIGoRealFast For This Useful Post:

17.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #56
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    337 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leslietheone View Post
    There is a visual bug or lag with the warrior axe pull. Example: I run behind a rock and a warr pull me before I'm out of range, in my screen it shows that I'm behind the rock and is still being pulled then killed, after my death it shows that I were pulled close to the warrior. This does also apply to the Pvp maps.
    This is a lag issue on your side of the client just as you believe. On our game server, the locations of you and the Warrior were such that the Axe pull hit you and pulled you to the other side of the rock. Due to latency between your client and our server, your client believed it was somewhere else.
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

This is a lag issue on your side of the client just as you believe. On our game server, the locations of you and the Warrior were such that the Axe pull hit you and pulled you to the other side of the rock. Due to latency between your client and our server, your client believed it was somewhere else.
    Thanks for your guidance *bows*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Our reasoning behind having combatant below recruiter is so that you can allow people to fight in a Guild Battleground without also having to give them permissions to invite people to the guild. We believe the situation is more likely that someone joins the guild who you want to fight, but don't want to give them recruiting status.

Are players finding the opposite, that they want to allow someone to recruit members to the guild, but not fight in a Guild Battleground?
    The thing is that u want some members to invite but they are too weak for guild battle.

It could be awesome if u had master>officer>comb>recruiter>member

And about the problem only master being able to start battle:
    If you make some sort of place that only master can access, where he can see the battles and who was in the battle and how much gold they won. Then he could get the gold like a "reward" for winning, then he could give it to the ones who was in the battle.

So master and officer or someone between master...officer, could acpte guild battles

20. The Following User Says Thank You to leslietheone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Ok then tell me what's not working about it in your play experience.

You respawn, you're sitting there immune to all damage for 5 seconds. You can fire off your abilities to hurt anyone within range, as long as you don't move. What is the other team doing to continue to spawn camp you?
    That's why, as I said, it would be best if you just go do a few of these fights and see for yourself. And every time you get killed, instead of rushing back to the fight or to the regroup spot asap, you do what you suggested - wait for a few seconds looking around for enemies trying to spawn kill you. Your team will be at a disadvantage most of the time.

Anyway, this is not really the biggest issue at the moment, at least in my opinion. To me, of much bigger concern is the fact that right now it is really hard and annoying to try and organize a fight. We have almost given up on battlegrounds at the moment and I know other guilds have too. The biggest culprit (not the only one though), of course, is the GM thing. We heard your "integrity challenge" reasoning, that's okay, but I don't think I know anyone (including quite a few GMs of other guilds) who agrees with it and with the current situation in general. Think about this again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

For guilds that mostly have PvE members, once a battle is accepted by the guild master, all combatants, recruiters, officers and the guild master could join. Sometimes some guildies, who are not included for the battle line up, will join just because they want to see how it looks like inside the battleground map. And as you know, once both sides have complete members, it automatically starts the ten second countdown for the battle. It does take time explaining they should leave so the spot would be free for the person it is intended to. And we have no choice but to start the battle while having to swap the members during battle.

I can't speak for other guilds, but in ours, since we are a PvE guild, it would be easier promoting the people who are "ready for battles" than having to demote the current recruiters to members just so we could make sure that no one that isn't PvP ready could join.