Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: About Toxicity in PvP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by OverkillED View Post
    After reading many threads about how PvP is the most toxic it has ever been, I am making this thread to share my opinion on the problem.

Over the years, Pocket Legends has gone through many changes that has changed the way people play and talk. However, trash talking has become more and more abusive. There are several reasons behind this in my opinion:

1. Pocket Legends is a videogame. Everyone in the game is playing behind a screen of some kind in the safety of their homes. Anyone can tell another person on a video game to kill themselves usually without any repercussions simply because there is anonymity online that is not prevalent in real life.

2. The "All items are tradable" update. What I have observed is that many feel the need to prove their superiority over others, whether it is through skills in PvP or limited edition vanities. The whole "newgen" phrase is being used more and more as many feel the need to show that they are superior to others based on when they started playing the game. They can not show this superiority through vanities anymore because all of them are tradable. Personally, I am not upset about this update because it allows us to use vanities for what they are really for: looks. If you like the way an item looks then you should not have a problem with others having it because you can rock your own style without worrying about exclusivity.

3. PvP can be frustrating, especially with class imbalances and the advantage given to one player over another because of "rushing." People are vengeful and seek to kill the ones that "rush" them or beat them consistently. This results in teaming and the trash talk we see today. Like I stated above, people want to feel like a special snowflake or more powerful than others. Often, these people who trash talk have a lack of control or power over their own lives (lack of friends, getting bullied, etc).

4. Trash talking is learned behavior. Toxicity results in more toxicity.

There is nothing wrong with friendly competition. In fact, competitive banter helps one another improve their game while finding mutual respect for one another. Trash talking is part of sports, not just videogames. Many great basketball players, such as Kobe Bryant, Michael Jordan, and Larry Bird talked trash to tilt their opponents. It is an effective strategy to get in your opponent's head, however the toxicity in Pocket Legends borders on abuse.

Often, the greatest players do not say, they just do. The time you waste typing away could be used to improve your game.
    That's why I laugh at the kids constantly typing crap in after I kill them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Buchmeister View Post
    That's why I laugh at the kids constantly typing crap in after I kill them.
    Can I love you?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

This is true toxicity

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mymysticalmage View Post
    This is true toxicity
    I will never truly fathom how people still use the N word in today's day and age. Makes me sick.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    I will never truly fathom how people still use the N word in today's day and age. Makes me sick.
    Honestly, they should filter out more variations of the word, it's honestly disgusting..

@josh if ur reading this i lost ur sc can u pm me it?
    nothing lasts forever