Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nuri pink drops are not random

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Default Nuri pink drops are not random

After done numerous runs and seen many many punk drops I have noticed that every player won't have equal opportunity for pink drop from any boss. When you kill boss, drops appear to chat. Names on list aren't in random order, it's order where you joined into game or if you die and respawn you appear as last one in a list.

Then pink drop, +100 pink drops seen I could pretty far myself confirm that only player who can receive pink is last one. I have never seen any pink drops for anyone else than to player who have joined as last/died and respawned as last one.

If someone can prove me wrong please do it, but I think it's not random drops anymore. Not sure about this part, but it might be that crafting materials drop same way and only one player have possibility for them per team.
    Last edited by Darkfader; 10-03-2011 at 09:26 AM.
    Pocket legends: Eagle (Endgame Bird), Magic (endgame mage), Getnuked (voodoo mage)
    Star legends: Eng (Engineer), Rapid (operative)
    Dark legends: Sucker (vampire queen)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Darkfader For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

I don't think it's always the last one, but when you get a pink it's always a double-roll.

If you look at it closely, the one who gets the pink gets an orange/green AND a pink, so your name appears in the loot list twice.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellyidol For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ellyidol View Post
    I don't think it's always the last one, but when you get a pink it's always a double-roll.

If you look at it closely, the one who gets the pink gets an orange/green AND a pink, so your name appears in the loot list twice.
    Well today 11 pink drops so far, all went to last one. And yesterday and other days I can't remember pink which would of go to anyone else.

And this double roll, isn't it just boss related? Some does give double roll and some doesn't. as example panto always give only one drop per person, but that blue mini boss always two drops per person. Least today when I got pink from pant, it was my only drop. (and on that time I on purpose killed myself just after boss fight, got rev and looted pink).
    Pocket legends: Eagle (Endgame Bird), Magic (endgame mage), Getnuked (voodoo mage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

that what i have noticed is that the host of a game is always in favour of a drop. the probability that the host get the drop is higher what i have observed in 10000x boss kills...
    *dontshootorpunchme*
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Riccits For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

So the plan is to die right before the boss? I could get rich doing this!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    So the plan is to die right before the boss? I could get rich doing this!
    That's the plan lol.
    But at same time, it would be called abusing of bug what is as known as exploiting, what is against of sts terms.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfader View Post
    That's the plan lol.
    But at same time, it would be called abusing of bug what is as known as exploiting, what is against of sts terms.
    Well once everyone is "fighting" to die last the boss might just reset. LOL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Well once everyone is "fighting" to die last the boss might just reset. LOL
    Hmm actually it would become even more interesting because order changes when you respawn, everyone as dead waiting each other to respawn first to being able themselves to be last one to respawn. LOL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Interesting.. Well I did nothing but host pugs this weekend & got a couple pink (one glyph) so I don't know how that might factor in. I have no idea where o am on a list when I host cuz o can't see my name. If there is some trick like being last it needs to change to random to keep folks from trying to die last at the boss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Whoever equips a torch before the boss dies gets all the pinks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

I won't deny or confirm anything as of yet but instead ould like to pose a few questions

Questions:
    1. How do you explain the fact that everyones list appears differently especially if they are the last ones on it.because even if they are they will still be listed at the top on there list?
    2. Why and how do you explain multiple pinks and crafting materials dropping to several people at once?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Whoever equips a torch before the boss dies gets all the pinks.
    +1 to stomp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Riccits View Post
    that what i have noticed is that the host of a game is always in favour of a drop. the probability that the host get the drop is higher what i have observed in 10000x boss kills...
    *dontshootorpunchme*
    I wish this were the case, I would be a much more successful farmer because I typically always host yet have recieved only 2 drops worth value (That's 2lvl 61s and a 3rd @ lvl60 and 50k)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TANKKAAR View Post
    I won't deny or confirm anything as of yet but instead ould like to pose a few questions

Questions:
    1. How do you explain the fact that everyones list appears differently especially if they are the last ones on it.because even if they are they will still be listed at the top on there list?
    2. Why and how do you explain multiple pinks and crafting materials dropping to several people at once?
    Good points out there.

1. I do not mean player list what is shown a left side of screen, because it won't show your position on list at all. I mean drop list, even it's in fact same by showing order of all players in game. Let's make example, we have 5 players and let's name them: a b c d and e.

A is host of game and joins first ofc.
    C joins next to game and is in order second player.
    B joins third and is third in order.
    E joins fourth in game and is fourth in order.
    D joins last and is fifth in order.

Example one, first nuri map with that players. Everything goes fine and nobody doesn't die.
    Blue miniboss killed and drops dropped, let's see order of players showing in list and it's, A C B D E
    Group moves forward and kills panto, drop order stays same because nobody died. E was lucky and rolled pink for himself.

Example number 2
    Everything goes fine until last mobs and player A dies. He get rev and respawn into game and place in order as last one.
    They kill panto and order is same, except player A have jumped from first to last, and loots pink.

2. In my opinion pinks and crafting materials roll in different loots. Also it could be possible that if last player loots pink, second last player have possibility to loot pink. As side not I have never seen pink to drop for first and las player in order. It always been double pink for last one, or pink drops for two last players in order.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

So many of these drop threads all saying something different all swearing to have it figured out it's random pure b simple
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kraze View Post
    So many of these drop threads all saying something different all swearing to have it figured out it's random pure b simple
    Well I have always tought they are random, but this tome it shows strongly for me it isn't.
    If you can prove me wrong please do so and provide me with screenshot where first player gets pink and last doesn't.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

AFAIK, only mini-bosses and bosses do that double-roll thing. From all the pinks I've seen and gotten, they always come in the second roll. Always. This would explain those rare double pink rolls.

Not sure why exactly this type of thing was implemented, I thought the standard type of looting was effective.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Well I have always tought they are random, but this tome it shows strongly for me it isn't.
    If you can prove me wrong please do so and provide me with screenshot where first player gets pink and last doesn't.
    i always thought the devs writing down text as last bcz of the multiple drops, so we can see good who got a good drop.
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    75 Posts

i always thought the devs writing down text as last bcz of the multiple drops, so we can see good who got a good drop.
    Well it's not just visual trick to move pink dropper as last one, as on my example one nobody died and order keeps same from blue mini boss to panto.

Also if you go to any other dungeon than nuris, you can see that you can get pink on any place in that order, just at nuri it seems to be last one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

This.

The first player still gets a drop.

Look at it this way, when a boss dies, the first roll of loot goes to everyone. If nobody in that group rolls a pink, everyone gets one round of loot. If one gets a roll for pink, he gets the first roll of loot + the pink in the second roll.

I could be mistaken if the second roll doesn't exclusively mean it's a pink. I can't confirm if the second roll happens even for a non-pink. If it does, then this may be how the looting goes:

Boss dies.
    Team rolls for first loot.
    Everyone only rolls for one drop.
    Whole team receives one round of loot only (one per piece, no pinks).

or

Boss dies.
    Team rolls for first loot.
    One member rolls for a second drop.
    Whole team receives first round of loot (non-pink).
    That one player rolls a second time for the second loot.
    That second loot may or may not be a pink (not sure here if it always means a pink, trash or not).
    If that one player rolls a pink, he gets one. If he doesn't, he gets another orange/green.

That's how I understand it. It may explain why glyphs are so hard to come by now, because it requires not only a pink roll, but a double roll and a pink roll.