Thread: Host a game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Default Host a game

Hey! This message is mostly to sts but I am also happy to hear the players opinions on this...
    I used to play pocket legends a lot and in arcane legends i am missing the "host" button to host a new map! You could host maps or join random but if you host it yourself, you can also kick players and solo maps, if you put a passeord into the games! If there is a host button, there shall also be a join button! Other players can tap that and see all maps that are hosted atm and how many spots are left in that certain map!

Maxbr it's a bit confusing if you don't know it from Pocket Legends, but sts surely knows what I mean!
    Anyway would love to see that! Thx for reading

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Behoove For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I actually really liked the host button -- you could check your friends' games and for people I ran with regularly, we used the same passwords, so we could easily join each other's games. It was very convenient for friends.

Star light, star bright...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

totally agree would be nice

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Totally agree, not just with the host feature but the entire join system there made pugs way easier. You can see what levels are populated and not waste time waiting for ppl to que up (if they do).
    I know the criticism will be about ppl kicking players, but if your joining random games and have thin skin your going to have problems anyway. I played there for years and the few times I got kicked unfairly were few, and if some one was to grief people then report them.

Let's see how few ppl call mages nub for no heal when they can get the size 10 lol >=}
    Last edited by Suentous PO; 01-22-2017 at 07:40 PM.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

One of the best ui features that is totally missed with AL.

Its like this: should we be forced to carry some leacher or worse,have to remap just because the new gen of gamers cannot handle a kick from our game?

Not everyone wants to be in a party with someone. Why no game list? Why no private games with a password?

Can anyone honestly think that the way it is now is better than what is talked about here?I assume not many.

Looking at it as a whole, you could find what areas are hot and what's not,instead of sitting in a map for a few minutes to have one person join to wait a few more minutes to have them quit and recycle that scenario till your sick of it. Of be put in a map that's almost done -_-

Bring it back!

Thank you for your time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

That's what the party system is for. The old PL system will just clutter up the UI and confuse players.

You can host a game by creating a party. Only party members can run the same map. Incidentally if you want to play alone, you could proxy the invite command (/partyi [any offline player's name]). Adding a system in this day and age that allows people to remove other players from their ToS-given right to play for whatever reason would open a sleu of issues with trolling. If you dont want to deal with the unfamiliar, just make a party.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    Totally agree, not just with the host feature but the entire join system there made pugs way easier. You can see what levels are populated and not waste time waiting for ppl to que up (if they do).
    I know the criticism will be about ppl kicking players, but if your joining random games and have thin skin your going to have problems anyway. I played there for years and the few times I got kicked unfairly were few, and if some one was to grief people then report them.

Let's see how few ppl call mages nub for no heal when they can get the size 10 lol >=}
    LOL........ Kick a "Field Goal" with em before they even get NOOB off their tongues....... "IT'S GOOD"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

I wonder if devs have read it...would be cool to hear if it is a possibility or not in future to add this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

This was how Diablo2 was setup online. From a list in the lobby, you either joined a game someone hosted and usually named it for its purpose, or hosted your own. With the ability to have a password. Great idea for this game if they could manage to implement something like it. This could work for pvp aswell.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thexkid View Post
    This was how Diablo2 was setup online. From a list in the lobby, you either joined a game someone hosted and usually named it for its purpose, or hosted your own. With the ability to have a password. Great idea for this game if they could manage to implement something like it. This could work for pvp aswell.
    Sts has already done the whole thing in a former game called pocket legends and i only see advantages in it (:

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Behoove For This Useful Post: