Thread: Some clarifications regarding endgame changes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Default Some clarifications regarding endgame changes

I know there's lots of blame game specially who don't have much idea/understanding about recent changes and mechanism.

Regarding blaster :
    Myth - Dodge nerf & all that latter changes made blaster op, or let's just say when best get nerfed second best got op.

We have to go to way back, I know people don't care about weak bow etc all they cared and watch for op staffs (well known what it is). During the normal elite phase xar cyber blaster/ shotgun etc well too underpowered. This trend was also gone with arzac cyber blaster, even being a 2h weapons it's skill damage (the actual damage that, most of the peoples unawere to take into the consideration, their understanding is limited to auto damage of an weapon) was even less than arzac talon set, blast damage is 720+ with blaster and 735 with talon set, that actually never happened in all the previous decent caps and never should.

Then with a previous update (one of the winter update) the armor and the damage was significantly improved & just exactly at the time of dodge nerf it's armor, specially damage was increased highly, WHICH WAS NOT directly suggested by me but sure we talked about the weakness of all 2h weapons, and if I had to suggest the numbers i'd do it differently. Just for example birds blast 1034+ with blaster and with talon set its 792+.

But if you're thinking that this makes blaster highest damaging weapon, THINK TWICE, pure int wand (4pc set not 3pc like blaster) mages drain was/is slightly but significantly higher than this on an average.

The main point is, UNLIKE popular belief, dodge nerf is not the culprit, blaster being highly damaging, MOST IMPORTANT part is that, it's auto damage is extremely high, which should not be the case at all but IT'S DAMAGE CONTRIBUTE to Skills should be comparable to existing.

About complains of mages ; that's had to happen in any form even if game closed to balanced (its not, I'll point out latter) just because 90% of the endgame PvP class was mage, and LOTS OF em are so much used to such opness that if we shave off a little bit opness, they're gonna complain, this had to happen in any form, and will keep happening to be honest.

Just after the intex armor & mana nerf I did full time pure int intex mage and found its fun against dex/str bear, dex bird even blaster birds only challenge I found was another wand mage and blaster mage to be honest, surprisingly because at first I also thought it's significantly overdone.

About secret dodge cap :
    Quote Originally Posted by tford View Post
    + Global dodge cap increased to 25% (was 20).
    As far I can recall, it was never mentioned before since dodge nerf but was always there although we got hint playing but never bothered much, I'd STRONGLY OPPOSE IT, if it's stated correctly and if I'm not misunderstanding this. Because global flat dodge cap makes a huge imbalace by doing these two basic faults

1> Every class shouldn't dodge same amount in any form, because then the dodge advantage of specific classes in a proportion would be obsolute, for that those classes who had more dodge should have get compensation greatly and would let lots of waves of tweaking, which has been a case I see.

2> Further it get obsolute having 20-25+ dodge.

But here I'm taking this as flat 25% dodge cap not as 25% of total dodge of someone, if so, then please devs should clear that.

About further global damage reduction :
    It was -22% now lowered to -40% , it looks like a solution to high damage in the arena, which is effective but can't balance things, because nuking damage won't solve the problem rather need surgical strike here, because WHEN WE LOWER EVERYTHING, THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN HIGH AND LOW DAMAGE CLASS/WEAPON/SET STAYS SAME BUT THEN low damage class/weapon/set get obsolute everybody switch THE highest damaging things because then low damaging set/class can't breach that huge armor/DMG nerf etc, think about it.

Revert the global dmg reduction, there's shouldn't be flat global dodge cap, if we need, we need class speflcific dodge cap, this will solve bears being weak and many many issues, nerf blaster's auto and a little bit it's contributions to skill damage, nerf mages damage buff skill, buff up intex armor a bit (it was not suggested to nerf such high ) blaster should get bit health pool boost.

When we doing all these things, we'll be needing further tweaking
    Last edited by Waug; 01-23-2017 at 07:43 AM.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Waug or troll account for Cinco???

3. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Waug or troll account for Cinco???
    I'd not bother to post rather implement all these and much more secret things, you wouldn't even know about it then balance the game.

Then i'd say LearnToPlay to any other complain/criticism without SOLID logical facts like in this thread

The only problem with devs that they don't have any practical knowledge of PvP but created the core mechanics that we try to discover for long.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Maybe trump can put these walls of text to use outside Mexico

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I agree the blaster auto is far too high..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hexpker View Post
    I agree the blaster auto is far too high..
    You know what else is high )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

The global flat dodge cap truly made me upset, there are many reasons behind it, I already stated some of em.

DODGE CAP MADE DODGE BUFF SKILLS TOTALLY obsolute because with endgame set the dodge is alrdy 25+.

Even class specific dodge cap not gonna be much better because let's say if any particular class don't use class specific build (for example bear go dex) he would still get such dodge.

Top of that latter updates [after dodge nerf] evolved around such circumstances. I mean the changes made according to that.

And we have no idea about sts's future planning about pl [eg new cap, new gear etc] neither we have any idea, how much more effort dev(s) gonna put into this balancing job. If we don't know that, we can't suggest things accordingly ;(
    Last edited by Waug; 01-25-2017 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Forgot saying global