Thread: New vanity set(s)?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Default New vanity set(s)?

I know and have seen the lv61 vanity set and bonus(Grats to all those hard workers for achieving). Well I had an idea which it has some flaws but, I was thinking "Founders Helm" and "Shield of gratitude" give set bonus? Wouldn't that be a great idea. Now I have went through the Pros and Cons.
    Here are the Cons(lol easy to think of):
    -Need both items shield and helm which some people don't have the helm, of not being "Founders"

-One item have stats with or without stats. As in Founders Helm has 5damage increase and a +4or+5 armor. Which is saying this has stats while the shield has 0 for anything. Let's say with both the shield gives +10 armor?

-The reason I say the "Shield of Gratitude" shouldn't be able to obtain because people can get the 61 item.

The Cons of New Vanity Set:
    -The 61 vanity set could have little or better skills than the "Founders Set".

-People can pve/pvp in style.

-Also people can have better attributes.

-If they were to say to have a mix they could have different sparkles? Which would be awesome.

-Now as of people obtaining these items I have not thought of yet clearly. I was thinking that people get the "Founders Helm" after a certain time. But the "Shield of Gratitude" I think people would either use the 61 vanity shield or "Shield of Gratitude". Which that people could use the "Founders Helm" with "Shield of Gratitude"/61 Shield.

If you find more Pros/Cons please comment. Also say if this idea is the BOMB or it's a Epic Fail:sad:. Thank you everyone of PL!
    Hi, I play PL, hopefully to be active here. Make every moment last, don't waste it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

+1 to the new set bonus idea, but I'd change the bonus. The current bonus is all offense, so making the founders + SoG give 5 crit, 10 damage, and 5 armor or something.

The one thing I don't like about it is that both the founders and the SoG have level 1 requirements, the founders by itself is already very potent at low level PvP, so something would have to be done to make this available for only 50/55/60+ players.

*disclaimer, I can't get this, I don't have a founders helmet*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkbby View Post
    I know and have seen the lv61 vanity set and bonus(Grats to all those hard workers for achieving). Well I had an idea which it has some flaws but, I was thinking "Founders Helm" and "Shield of gratitude" give set bonus? Wouldn't that be a great idea. Now I have went through the Pros and Cons.
    -Need both items shield and helm which some people don't have the helm, of not being "Founders"

-One item have stats with or without stats. As in Founders Helm has 5damage increase and a +4or+5 armor. Which is saying this has stats while the shield has 0 for anything. Let's say with both the shield gives +10 armor?

-The reason I say the "Shield of Gratitude" shouldn't be able to obtain because people can get the 61 item.

-If they were to say to have a mix they could have different sparkles? Which would be awesome.

-Now as of people obtaining these items I have not thought of yet clearly. I was thinking that people get the "Founders Helm" after a certain time. But the "Shield of Gratitude" I think people would either use the 61 vanity shield or "Shield of Gratitude". Which that people could use the "Founders Helm" with "Shield of Gratitude"/61 Shield.

If you find more Pros/Cons please comment. Also say if this idea is the BOMB or it's a Epic Fail:sad:. Thank you everyone of PL!
    bad idea, founders helm is already OP in low lvl pvp
    this would just make it even worse

if STS does add in a new vanity set (which it should)
    it should be open to EVERYONE even people who just started playing one to two months ago, not just people who were here a long time, or grinded for hours on end

this way it gives the high lvls another option, and it gives everyone else something to work for instead of another exclusive thing like the founders and SoG
    Last edited by AdinoEznite; 10-03-2011 at 05:59 PM.
    PL - Eznite, Tachmonite, Adullam, Kelach
    SL - Adino

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

I like the concept since the Foinders' helm and the Shield of Gratitude actually look like a set, the Crown of Persistence and the Sheild of the Hallows look horrible together, and I don't think many players would actually wear if if not for the set bonus they provide. I just hope that if STS decides to peruse this concept of elite set items that they have a common theme among themselves and not just relate to their respective campaigns. Even if this idea doesn't get some positive traction I like the general thought behind it: sets are supposed to coordinate.

*I have both the Founders' helm and SoG (and wear them as a set constantly) so I may be a bit biased.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Ok so like make it for +55?

Edit: I hear ya but the thing is it's called "Founders Helm" and "Shield of Gratitude" and given to those who were here all the time or majority.

Edit2: Probably make it a craft item for lv55 and 60? Great idea no?
    Last edited by Hawkbby; 10-03-2011 at 06:51 PM.
    Hi, I play PL, hopefully to be active here. Make every moment last, don't waste it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Ok so like make it for +55?

Edit2: Probably make it a craft item for lv55 and 60? Great idea no?
    yeah thats a great idea, and the only requirement is the lvl req
    SL - Adino

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

set bonus with founds helm would be great!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AdinoEznite View Post

bad idea, founders helm is already OP in low lvl pvp
    this would just make it even worse

if STS does add in a new vanity set (which it should)
    it should be open to EVERYONE even people who just started playing one to two months ago, not just people who were here a long time, or grinded for hours on end

this way it gives the high lvls another option, and it gives everyone else something to work for instead of another exclusive thing like the founders and SoG
    Ahem flaw in your logic what about people who start now and can't get the crown? Sounds like your saying a set is ok if you have it. But if you excluded it isn't fair....just my two plat
    Just my 2 plat

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kraze View Post
    Ahem flaw in your logic what about people who start now and can't get the crown? Sounds like your saying a set is ok if you have it. But if you excluded it isn't fair....just my two plat
    um what?
    if they start now they can get the new vanity when they lvl up...O_o

if its a set with founders and shield of gratitude then they definitely cant get it because you cant get those items right now
    new people already cannot get the CoP set bonus because they missed the crown, so thats already exclusive

i think my logic is perfectly sound, im not sure if you read my post....or maybe you werent talking about my post? lol
    kraze you sound crazy right now!

just to clarify...
    im saying there should be new, and as someone suggested, maybe craftable vanity items that would provide a set bonus
    i actually think it would be even cooler if it involved materials from multiple different levels
    ex the new helm requires mats found in FH, Balefort, SSC, LE all the way up to shadow caves maybe (that way it would also bring in some revenue for STS cuz it would make ppl buy certain lvls)
    this would also force ppl to replay levels for a bit of fun

the one condition it would have is that these vanity items would have a lvl req so that they cannot be used in low lvl pvp...
    actually i take that back...what if it could be used in low lvl pvp? then it would give other ppl the chance to have a item set that would help bridge the gap between founders helm users and non-founders users
    SL - Adino