Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2017-01-25 Content Update (221970)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Any intentions to make the 2h weapons craftable?

Also, there should def be a second Intex staff that's basically a purple keeper staff. Don't forget the purple glowing eyes!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bats View Post
    In pvp from this last update, this is what happens in endgame with bears against mages.

Bears. Excessive armor - unkillable because when your about to win even though they have no buffs, there is one spell - stun, and they run and regen so fast. At level 35, 10 dodge made a huge difference, and with a 200 armor cap with 30 dodge difference makes endgame mage rely on lucky 30 dodge and hopeful low armor. Dex bears have buffs that can make their armor high temporarily and win in seconds - I did ms, and still i had 10 hp after he did pull stomp.

What should happen - Higher armor (+50) with higher dodge (+10)

I was just farming deaths at a 2 v 2 where a bird can at least fight with them with 55 dodge and 550 armor where the mage in an update has strangely lost 100 armor.
    I actually disagree, If they DO NOT fix the dodge situation, mages definitely need more buffs than that.

Bears indeed is a class that needed a buffing but this dodge made it slightly impossible for us mages to counter.

IF they REVERT the DODGE buff that happened today, Increase of Mana Pool and Armor for Intex will do.

Just the Dodge buff for classes other mage is just TOO much i believe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Personally the mana isnt soo bad. However birds can destroy mana. Myself and perhaps the other intext users would like to see a damage buff. Mana only helps with mana shield. Like i said birds can destroy mana shield. The smarter choice would be damage. Damage doesnt need a heal button or a mana shield. Its there and doesnt go away. Which leads me to this, perhaps you could increase hit % for intex too because at the moment. Strax is unkillable by intext with dodge. Damage is what i would like to see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mymysticalmage View Post
    Personally the mana isnt soo bad. However birds can destroy mana. Myself and perhaps the other intext users would like to see a damage buff. Mana only helps with mana shield. Like i said birds can destroy mana shield. The smarter choice would be damage. Damage doesnt need a heal button or a mana shield. Its there and doesnt go away. Which leads me to this, perhaps you could increase hit % for intex too because at the moment. Strax is unkillable by intext with dodge. Damage is what i would like to see.
    Well, If they revert Dodge like how it was, Intex mages DONT need more damage. Its More about the dodge than it is about the damage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Buffing INTEX and MANTEX sets sounds good.
    What sort of buff do you think?

++ Dodge

Or...

++ Damage

Or instead maybe ++ Mana ...since this could also keep us alive in the arena.
    Armor or dodge would be nice......
    Last edited by Mymysticalmage; 01-26-2017 at 07:49 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bats View Post
    In pvp from this last update, this is what happens in endgame with bears against mages.

Bears. Excessive armor - unkillable because when your about to win even though they have no buffs, there is one spell - stun, and they run and regen so fast. At level 35, 10 dodge made a huge difference, and with a 200 armor cap with 30 dodge difference makes endgame mage rely on lucky 30 dodge and hopeful low armor. Dex bears have buffs that can make their armor high temporarily and win in seconds - I did ms, and still i had 10 hp after he did pull stomp.

What should happen - Higher armor (+50) with higher dodge (+10)

I was just farming deaths at a 2 v 2 where a bird can at least fight with them with 55 dodge and 550 armor where the mage in an update has strangely lost 100 armor.
    Good riddance give the other classess turn.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNun View Post
    Well, If they revert Dodge like how it was, Intex mages DONT need more damage. Its More about the dodge than it is about the damage
    dodge is used to keep oneself alive. if you have good damage the need for dodge is now "unneeded". Also, i dont for see them nerfing dodge like that again. But, perhaps im wrong. and if they did. how is mana/armour going to help? mana only comes into play for intext when you have the Mana shield. The mana shield is utilized by using it as a life saver. Also with the amount of Mana regen mages have it would be pointless to buff mana when you only lose mana when you are using mana shield. If mana were to get buffed it would have to be either regen and some mana. or buff mana regen or mana drastically. also armour is the second option. both in the future "Buffs" or if they revert dodge. because, mages are typically the ones using intext. and mages have a heal skill. which if timed and utilized defeats the purpose of adding armour. However, set PVP aside for a second and look at PVE. Damage would help more in PVE as well. When your trying to kill a high level boss your going to want damage over dodge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by plpr View Post
    Good riddance give the other classes turn.

No, other classes in endgame after these updates were normal if you played 80s. Everything was normal before this update - though when it came out, every game i come to - a bear is so happy and is coming and roaring PULL STOMP! Congrats! Now i can't even touch him when he doesn't even have buffs. A complete issue.

This dodge update needs to be reversed.

Skill & quickness in endgame should be determined - a higher level, a need for more work; not just bears doing pull stomp and dodging all your spells giving them no skill. Before, I did 10-0 dex bears, you know why? I pvped for quite a long time. It is simple - fastest opponent to deal the most damage effectively (meaning in this case counting distance, zone, diagonal of spell, and certain spell combination tactics, which other classes can use, and if they don't, there is no need to give them an advantage of dodge) without interference of some else's ill-skilled unbalanced resistance to someone's damage.

In average, it takes 200+ spells to kill a dex bear with buffs.
    Last edited by Bats; 01-25-2017 at 07:59 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 3pc View Post
    Mages were op from the start its time for birds to be better mages had there time eating in pvp lol
    Just because mages were "OP" for an amount of time doesnt mean all classes should have a turn. a wise person said "life isnt fair".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Default 2017-01-25 Content Update (221970)

Just because mages were "OP" for an amount of time doesnt mean all classes should have a turn. a wise person said "life isnt fair".
    Exactly so now bears are op so life isnt fair for mages thanks for proving my point even more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

dodge is used to keep oneself alive. if you have good damage the need for dodge is now "unneeded". Also, i dont for see them nerfing dodge like that again. But, perhaps im wrong. and if they did. how is mana/armour going to help? mana only comes into play for intext when you have the Mana shield. The mana shield is utilized by using it as a life saver. Also with the amount of Mana regen mages have it would be pointless to buff mana when you only lose mana when you are using mana shield. If mana were to get buffed it would have to be either regen and some mana. or buff mana regen or mana drastically. also armour is the second option. both in the future "Buffs" or if they revert dodge. because, mages are typically the ones using intext. and mages have a heal skill. which if timed and utilized defeats the purpose of adding armour. However, set PVP aside for a second and look at PVE. Damage would help more in PVE as well. When your trying to kill a high level boss your going to want damage over dodge.
    You have a very unwise think strategy. Intex mages had enough damage output before the update because nothing was changed.

You dont get it do you,,, If they dont revert the dodges back, DMG DOES NOT MATTER if they dodge all of the skills.
    Please Think before you say anything.

Also, If they revert dodge fix that happened today, AGAIN, INTEX DOES NOT NEED A DMG BUFF, I am a mage too.

Hows mana and armor going to help? This goes back to the OG question. How does Derex 3 pc blaster set has more armor than 4 pc Intex set.
    That is where that Armor statement came from .

Mage definitely needs a buff of some kind but dodge and damage are certainly not the things that needs to be touched (IF THE DODGE UPDATE CAN BE REVERTED).

We are neither Bear or Bird.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by plpr View Post
    Exactly so now bears are op so life isnt fair for mages thanks for proving my point even more.

here is the thing tho. intex doesnt compete with the other sets. before if a bird knew how to play bird the could have killed mage easy. take kanital for example. he is a bird before all these update he would farm mages. simple as that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

You have a very unwise think strategy. Intex mages had enough damage output before the update because nothing was changed.

You dont get it do you,,, If they dont revert the dodges back, DMG DOES NOT MATTER if they dodge all of the skills.
    Please Think before you say anything.

Also, If they revert dodge fix that happened today, AGAIN, INTEX DOES NOT NEED A DMG BUFF, I am a mage too.

Hows mana and armor going to help? This goes back to the OG question. How does Derex 3 pc blaster set has more armor than 4 pc Intex set.
    That is where that Armor statement came from .

Mage definitely needs a buff of some kind but dodge and damage are certainly not the things that needs to be touched (IF THE DODGE UPDATE CAN BE REVERTED).

We are neither Bear or Bird.
    lol. mage does need dmg. because,
    1. if they dont nerf dodge those skills that do land will hurt.
    2. you cant fight dodge with dodge.
    3. you cant really fight armor with dodge.
    4. you cant fight mana with dodge.
    5. you cant fight armor with with damage.
    Also, if you would have have read my forum post correctly i clearly stated that "Also, intex could probably use a bit more hit % so strax, and derex isnt dodging constantly."
    Last edited by Mymysticalmage; 01-25-2017 at 08:54 PM. Reason: adding

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

lol. mage does need dmg. because,
    1. if they dont nerf dodge those skills that do land will hurt.
    2. you cant fight dodge with dodge.
    3. you cant really fight armor with dodge.
    4. you cant fight mana with dodge.
    5. you cant fight armor with with damage.
    Also, if you would have have read my forum post correctly i clearly stated that "Also, intex could probably use a bit more hit % so strax, and derex isnt dodging constantly."
    You are definitely missing the point here I am talking about WHEN THEY REVERT THE DODGE update they did today.
    Do you even know what revert means????? That is what I really want to ask you.

Can you not understand that fact that mages were at least can kill other classes before the dodge update and for this update mages cant kill anything
    What can we learn here?? Dodge Buff definitely messed up mage situation here.

I was suggesting reverting the Dodge update they did today and nerfing Blaster dmg mainly and giving back little bit of armor to intex.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

here is the thing tho. intex doesnt compete with the other sets. before if a bird knew how to play bird the could have killed mage easy. take kanital for example. he is a bird before all these update he would farm mages. simple as that
    This is like the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Even Opest can farm mages now.

I am not disagreeing that intex set cant compete with other sets, I am saying you are approaching this in a wrong way. Think logical......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

This is like the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Even Opest can farm mages now.

I am not disagreeing that intex set cant compete with other sets, I am saying you are approaching this in a wrong way. Think logical......
    i dont mean to be rude. but your not proving me why im wrong. nor are you trying to persuade me that perhaps your options are better. Also, how is more dodge going to help? how is more armor going to help? And how is more mana going to help? And yes i know. this is why i want damage. you can fight damage with damage in my opinion. however, your not convincing me that the other options are better because your not providing reasoning. your basically just calling my thoughts dumb with out providing a logical explanation as to why they are "dumb"
    Last edited by Mymysticalmage; 01-25-2017 at 09:53 PM. Reason: adding

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

i dont mean to be rude. but your not proving me why im wrong. nor are you trying to persuade me that perhaps your options are better. Also, how is more dodge going to help? how is more armor going to help? And how is more mana going to help? And yes i know. this is why i want damage. you can fight damage with damage in my opinion. however, your not convincing me that the other options are better because your not providing reasoning. your basically just calling my thoughts dumb with out providing a logical explanation as to why they are "dumb"
    We don't need more damage, for other players with high ping its already bad enough we getting nuked and die instantly before pressing the 2nd spell.

Git – Ssneakykills

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bglir View Post
    We don't need more damage, for other players with high ping its already bad enough we getting nuked and die instantly before pressing the 2nd spell.
    That is what i mean.

We all saw few updates ago what happens when they mess around with DMG.
    2 shot kills everywhere.

They really should NOT have played around with Dodges also......

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 3pc View Post
    So what you are saying is that the new elite helm and arm is not better then the 4pc talon set but it works better if you use the new elite helm and arm with Derex blaster and Overband than using Derex helm and arm with Derex blaster?
    I think what Cinco means is that in terms of individual stats on each piece, the new super elite items are better but in terms of set bonus, our current super elite items are better. This would also mean that the new helm and armour combined with a weapon of choice and with the new ring will not be better in general than if we combine a full Derex/Intex/Strax set together. But the new super elites do offer better stats individually as mentioned already.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts

-- Class specific elites

I think it's time elite should become CLASS SPECIFIC, it's not like I'm the first to suggest it, it has been suggested before [class specific gear]. Also class specific vanities do exist in pl, so I don't think it would be hard to implement.

Some of the latest tweaks are implemented on items based on class [not on class skills, rather on items] but then other classes using it makes imbalance, IT WOULD BE REALLY COMPLEX to balance things keeping in mind hybrid classes too but if elites become class specific it can be rather easier to make things done.

If it's done, it should be done to endgame elites, then we can have a trend that the elites are class specific [base attribution point requirement can be same as before] and even endgame pinks and other items can be left as it is.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Regarding dodge cap :
    We should focus on squeezing dodge itself rather than a dodge cap, it has been done to stats but its time to do it to endgame items.

Those items sitting on 6-10% each item, it was obsolute due to dodge cap, now the snake is out of its hole.

-- Remove dodge from dex/int special elites or leave negligible dodge in it like 1%-2%

-- Nerf dodge from str elites, let it be 4% in any str elite [4*4-16 + little bit in set bonus] with that bears have decent dodge buffs, can be even more, doesn't matter as I'm gonna propose 40% dodge cap.

-- Global dodge cap 40-45%

So now we have, Negligible dodge in int set, birds gonna have ~30 dodge due to dodge buff, and str gonna have 40-45 (global dodge cap 40-45% )

The dodge variation must be there, and this will serve the purpose of class & build specific dodging rather than either everyone dodge same but low in case of low global dodge cap nor high dodge in case of high global dodge cap and for other explanations, one should read my threads that's the whole purpose, I didn't contradict ever by saying I don't like global dodge cap, there's a huge difference.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Str sets have been buffed several times, I advocated for that, because along with everyone else their dodge was 20-25, so they were sitting on a disadvantage, that had to compensate but they're getting 20-25 dodge back so they should loose extra armor, I'll start with -50 overall

-- STR 4 piece set armor should be nerfed by 50 [overall]

-- INT 4 piece set armor should be buffed by 70 [overall]

Would be good to start.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last but not least - Darax bow should be craftable from engineer with arzac blaster please, other derex/intex/strax are craftable but why not derex blaster, we spend 15m+ for this bow and some spend plat for this, this go for all 2h weapons.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

People should explore 2h int & str weapon sets, because at this point of time they have been buffed quite a lot and make set with warband ring. If anybody have I'd request to post the stat page and drain/stomp damage from skill page.

I think ima make a thread too with this post
    Last edited by Waug; 01-26-2017 at 08:08 AM.