Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Tone Down the Censorship!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Tone Down the Censorship!

It is very annoying to be chatting with a friend and seeing these stars at random places where it should not be. You can't even say the word "Title" without it censoring the first 3 letters. You can't say the word "Japanese" either because it stars out the "Jap". Why? It's not the 40s. I am Japanese and will not be offended for being called a Jap. Remove that. I know you don't want your players, whom many are children, to see certain words, but c'mon. Many things can be improved upon to make censorship in this game much better. It is annoying seeing stars when you did not say anything negative. I just got muted for saying "dago" and I don't even know what it means. You should not mute words that have the same arrangement of letters in the same sentence, such as "It's cool, isn't it?" only to actually see "It's cool, isn'* **?" There are many more ways and forms in which this takes place. This is more annoying than it needs to be. Please find a way to fix this.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cosminion For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

I dont see anything bad with the word tit anyways lol. thats not offensive at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Stop filtering your chat. Its one of your options.

Star light, star bright...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

click the remove filters in ur option menu
    and yeah i learnt tons of bad words i didnt know before, cause sts censored it.

was wondering, instead of a 5min mute ban, perhaps i could get a notification warning for 1m, as well as saying ^the word ..... is offensive please do not use it^
    sometimes while typing sentences i get muted and i never figure out whats the word that got me muted,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    85 Posts

I remember receiving multiple infractions on forums when I brought this topic and getting muted multiple times and eventually banned for a day when this concept was first introduced back in 2014.

7.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #6
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Chat filtering is a challenging aspect of online games. We want to protect everyone's play experience, so we do filter many different words. Unfortunately there are also ways around these filters, as everyone knows.

In general if you don't want the chat to be filtered, do as Sandeep recommends and click Remove Filters in the options window.

For those that are inconvenienced, we are sorry, but we are also vigilant and very protective of our players.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com