Thread: Weekly PvP Tournaments

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Default Weekly PvP Tournaments

So after about two weeks of having my discord channel up, I've finally decided on something to use it for. Sort of. I want to start doing tournaments every Saturday (Time TBD). These will be mostly informal, with rewards being possible but unlikely, mostly going to be reserved for larger showings. Before we go to far into what I have in mind, I'd like to mention that I'm looking for people to help organize and moderate these. For now, I was hoping to find just one or two people. Here's the format I have in mind for the tournaments:

Format
    • The level bracket will be decided the day of, by popular vote of those interested
    • "Style" will also be decided day of - FFA 1v1, GO 1v1, CTF, or Team DM
    • For small groups, we'll be doing best of 3s, but with larger groups we will switch to best of 1
    • The result of the matches will be reported by the losing side
    • All vanities, rings and items are allowed in every level range
    • In the case of FFA, CTF and Team DM, rejoining will not be allowed, and in "go" 1v1s is only allowed if both parties agree (same with respecs during matches)

Anyways, right now I'm thinking 12:00 PST (California time) for the meeting time. It's preferable that people who are interested in participating join the discord channel (link--> https://discord.gg/Ewy4Y3J ), as it makes it much easier to keep track of who is there and who is not on the day. If you don't want to join that, then it would make it easier on me if you join one of my guilds on an alt: <Omnipotent> or <Poked Into Submission>. If you're not interested in doing that, I won't turn down anyone who just adds me and PMs me (Zapoke, Zapokey or Earthlypoke) on the day of, assuming they arrive before we start.

Anyway, I think that's all the information I have for right now. Ask away if you have questions. PM me if you're interested in helping organize. The details we'll get down after a few weeks, if there's enough interest for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Nice...good idea....I wanna join (if it's within my level) or just help organize if ya need help...just pm dude
    See

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Btw....(56.......) lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zapoke View Post
    So after about two weeks of having my discord channel up, I've finally decided on something to use it for. Sort of. I want to start doing tournaments every Saturday (Time TBD). These will be mostly informal, with rewards being possible but unlikely, mostly going to be reserved for larger showings. Before we go to far into what I have in mind, I'd like to mention that I'm looking for people to help organize and moderate these. For now, I was hoping to find just one or two people. Here's the format I have in mind for the tournaments:

Format
    • The level bracket will be decided the day of, by popular vote of those interested
    • "Style" will also be decided day of - FFA 1v1, GO 1v1, CTF, or Team DM
    • For small groups, we'll be doing best of 3s, but with larger groups we will switch to best of 1
    • The result of the matches will be reported by the losing side
    • All vanities, rings and items are allowed in every level range
    • In the case of FFA, CTF and Team DM, rejoining will not be allowed, and in "go" 1v1s is only allowed if both parties agree (same with respecs during matches)

Anyways, right now I'm thinking 12:00 PST (California time) for the meeting time. It's preferable that people who are interested in participating join the discord channel (link--> https://discord.gg/Ewy4Y3J ), as it makes it much easier to keep track of who is there and who is not on the day. If you don't want to join that, then it would make it easier on me if you join one of my guilds on an alt: <Omnipotent> or <Poked Into Submission>. If you're not interested in doing that, I won't turn down anyone who just adds me and PMs me (Zapoke, Zapokey or Earthlypoke) on the day of, assuming they arrive before we start.

Anyway, I think that's all the information I have for right now. Ask away if you have questions. PM me if you're interested in helping organize. The details we'll get down after a few weeks, if there's enough interest for it.
    Your determination makes me love you more.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Congeniality For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darktiny View Post
    Nice...good idea....I wanna join (if it's within my level) or just help organize if ya need help...just pm dude
    See
    Well, show up on the day of or join the discord and you'll have a say in what level we'll be playing this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Congeniality View Post
    Your determination makes me love you more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Very nice. I just ctf but I've had the idea of weekly tournaments for a long time but never got deep into because of rl. Something like this would be great. I'll help donate, gold, prizes, orchestrate, etc. Add me in game Killinclaw or I'll add you. Love your ideas btw.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Tomorrow at 12:00 PM, Pacific time (US West Coast Timezone) is the decided meeting time. Hope to see some of you there. (:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Someone donated a STRAX sword for this week.
    About 40 minutes until we either start or close up for the week.