Thread: Please don't do this again...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bazinga! View Post
    There's no doubt that it would be a shame if they re-released the old Valentines items. But I am having doubts on whether you think its a shame for the right reason. We really have to get rid of this 'exclusivity' mindset. The fact that Valentines items are one of a kind is because other items HAVE been re-released and Valentines items HAVE NOT. Ideally, no item should have been re-released, and new items should have been made in place of them.

I, for one, am least interested in a Valentines Item, and I believe that several other players share the same opinion. I don't want old Valentines items to return, but instead have new items all together. Ask Pluto; he hasn't been able to sell his Cupids Bow for ages. And if the price depreciates, I would be even less interested, because then I won't be able to keep them as an asset.
    And what's this so called "right reason" in the eyes of...you? I've said twice it isn't even remotely about self-gain. As for your stance on exclusivity, I strongly disagree.

And please not this undeserved crap again. Don't you think someone who has worked hard to earn 50M deserves to be able to buy a founders?
    Uh, nope, not even a little bit. Different items are meant to represent various things. Founder's was created to represent founding players, CoP was to recognize those who hit the first elite cap, Tourney Shield, Over Achiever helm, Volconut, etc. Those vanities had a story attached to each of them. They were something players had to actually work hard to earn through various means, and not just sit in town and buy. Countless items played the role of showing off your wealth, not every item needs to. There's much more to PL than just gold. Having a lot of gold grants you several privileges as is, it shouldn't get you everything.

Go to any other game. There's no discrimination based on when you joined. You have every chance to be the best, whether it's by playing too much or paying too much.
    Lol, huh? Countless games have exclusive and limited items. Pre-order incentives, limited collector's editions, exclusive releases of the game, limited holiday items/DLC, various events. I have no idea what you're talking about there. Also, how do exclusive vanity helms and items that aren't even viable in PvP inhibit anyone from being "the best"? You mean to tell me Johnnythebear can't be the best bear in PL because he doesn't have a CoP on his head and a Tourney Shield in hand? I'll also ignore the fact you may actually be suggesting pay-to-win is a better practice than having exclusive/limited items.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to KingFu For This Useful Post: