Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please don't do this again...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Unhappy Please don't do this again...

Please do not do this again...

Xmas update was a good one but let's keep it just for xmas. Valentines day is coming up and i know most of the people that have 2010 valentines gear would hate for an event like Christmas to happen again. So please, Cinco, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

"My name is Pluto and i approve this message"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    147 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zaorago View Post

Xmas update was a good one but let's keep it just for xmas. Valentines day is coming up and i know most of the people that have 2010 valentines gear would hate for an event like Christmas to happen again. So please, Cinco, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Lol. We can already get any vanity we want, why do you care if he releases 2010 vanities again?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to humiiii For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

so you are pretty much saying "don't release 2010 valentines items and make $$$ as a company because then the L10 cupid bow I have will not be worth alot of gold"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I bet Cinco will do it

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LovingLu For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by humiiii View Post
    Lol. We can already get any vanity we want, why do you care if he releases 2010 vanities again?
    First of all, re-releasing* more vanities will just devalue everything and will defeat the purpose of collecting. If PL was a bigger audience, releasing it would be a much more logical path. But it's not ... So i think that the exclusive holiday loot (1-2 day holidays) shouldn't be released. Also, if sts re-releases in valentines day, this means they have to do it to all the other holidays... This is not what we need (my opinion). I think having another Grotto would be the next logical step! We're chewing on more than what our mouth's handle!!!

Quote Originally Posted by City View Post
    so you are pretty much saying "don't release 2010 valentines items and make $$$ as a company because then the L10 cupid bow I have will not be worth alot of gold"
    can you read my thread again? I specifically said "I know most of the people that have 2010 valentines gear would hate for an event like Christmas to happen again". I wasn't talking about myself. Also, this goes for all the other 1-2 day holidays. Hope that makes sense to you!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to zaorago For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

So essentially, I think that we have the right amount of holiday/pvp/whatever items in this game. But the problem is, we need some gold to catch up with the economy... Grotto not only boosted the economy, but also made it possible for new players to have a chance at getting their dream item they've always wanted. Any inputs as to what you think should be the right move?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

wasnt grotto glitched? you were actually suppose to purchase a 50 plat elexir to be able to open the portal to grotto. But it was glitched to where the 2 plat elexir worked.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Pluto: Please don't!
    Cinco: Cry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

It's a shame, but they'll surely get re-released. There's just no such thing as collecting or limited items anymore. It's a real shame, but everything being tradeable isn't enough.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KingFu For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

See what you did, now he has to do it.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kingzila For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

If they re-release the 2010 items, it wouldn't be a shame because 2010 items were collectible items, which they are not. Rather it would be a shame because they re-released previously created items.

I would say please make new items. But based upon what you said, the only legititmate reason I can see for not wanting this kind of update is because the price of some expensive items will drastically go down. And seeing that you've offered a Valentine's Cupid bow over 10 times on several occasions for different items, I'd say the reason is precisely that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

He should just release a reskin...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bazinga! View Post
    I would say please make new items. But based upon what you said, the only legititmate reason I can see for not wanting this kind of update is because the price of some expensive items will drastically go down. And seeing that you've offered a Valentine's Cupid bow over 10 times on several occasions for different items, I'd say the reason is precisely that.
    The selfish card can be played both ways. The primary reason some people want them re-released is because they don't have them but wish to. It's even worse in that case since them being tradeable now means they're entirely obtainable by anyone, people just want to get their hands on them with the least amount of effort.

It isn't entirely selfish to not want them re-released anyways. I've always wanted a Devil's Pitchfork yet I was bummed to see those available again, I don't have an ESB yet I think the level 80 plat version is incredibly lame, I've never had a Humania face, but I don't want those made available again. In a world where everyone and their grandma has an undeserved Founder's and CoP, few items still hold any importance and have uniqueness to them. Some things were made to be limited and should be kept that way.

Besides, where do we draw the line? The original Valentine's items are some of the last holiday items that actually retained their spirit to them. Are holiday items the only things being re-released, or are we going to see Ichor weapons and black drag for plat soon? Since that would also generate lots of money for StS. Should Volconuts start dropping too so we can disregard anything retaining what little uniqueness it still has? People just suggest what should and shouldn't return based on what benefits them the most.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to KingFu For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

So if you didn't have the Valentine's Sword would you still be saying this right now? If sts doesnt get the funds it needs then what is the point of having exclusive items on a dead game? We all know STS doesn't have enough time to release non-recolored new items on PL every update. Which is why releasing old items is the best way to go. Peppermint Pounder, Candy cane staff, Snowman bow for xmas... Valentine sword,Rose wand,cupid bow for valentines day. If you don't agree with me then don't be mad at STS when they sunset the game aka release everything because they are no longer supporting PL anymore because it's not sufficiently profit. A wise man once said "the hard economics is that products have a lifecycle and they die."
    Last edited by City; 02-03-2017 at 03:59 PM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to City For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by City View Post
    So if you didn't have the Valentine's Sword would you still be saying this right now? If sts doesnt get the funds it needs then what is the point of having exclusive items on a dead game? We all know STS doesn't have enough time to release non-recolored new items on PL every update. Which is why releasing old items is the best way to go. Peppermint Pounder, Candy cane staff, Snowman bow for xmas... Valentine sword,Rose wand,cupid bow for valentines day. If you don't agree with me then don't be mad at STS when they sunset the game aka release everything because they are no longer supporting PL anymore because it's not sufficiently profit. A wise man once said "the hard economics is that products have a lifecycle and they die."
    I assume this is in response to me? Yes, I would still be saying it, hence me giving numerous examples of items I was/would be disappointed to see re-released. That was kinda the point of the entire second paragraph of my post.

I also never said anything against recolored or redesigned items, I think that's a perfectly fine compromise. I don't get why you're painting it as if StS doesn't re-release all the Valentines items then PL will immediately get shutdown, lol. I'm fairly certain people will still buy recolored and redesigned items. Like I said, when do we draw the line in that instance anyways? Should Ichor items, Black Drag, Volconut, Community Shield, and Tourney Shield all be purchasable for plat? Because by your inherent logic they all should be along with anything else that could generate income.

Besides, I think it's fairly safe to assume any influx in revenue StS garners from PL won't be reinvested into the game anyways, and rather will go towards other efforts since they've moved on from PL. That's not a criticism at all either, it's entirely logical, but it is to say that PL isn't their primary source of income anymore. That's a lazy excuse to make.
    Last edited by KingFu; 02-03-2017 at 05:11 PM.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to KingFu For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingFu View Post
    I assume this is in response to me? Yes, I would still be saying it, hence me giving numerous examples of items I was/would be disappointed to see re-released. That was kinda the point of the entire second paragraph of my post.

I also never said anything against recolored or redesigned items, I think that's a perfectly fine compromise. I don't get why you're painting it as if StS doesn't re-release all the Valentines items then PL will immediately get shutdown, lol. I'm fairly certain people will still buy recolored and redesigned items. Like I said, when do we draw the line in that instance anyways? Should Ichor items, Black Drag, Volconut, Community Shield, and Tourney Shield all be purchasable for plat? Because by your inherent logic they all should be along with anything else that could generate income.

Besides, I think it's fairly safe to assume any influx in revenue StS garners from PL won't be reinvested into the game anyways, and rather will go towards other efforts since they've moved on from PL. That's not a criticism at all either, it's entirely logical, but it is to say that PL isn't their primary source of income anymore. That's a lazy excuse to make.
    Well said...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Cinco will because he's loco. But maybe new weapons? Or put "2017" in the name of the item to separate the old ones from the new items?
    Sebbyc-110

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

There is literally no point in exclusivity anymore they might as well hand out everything now least you have to be somewhat rich in the game to look good.

ELITE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

who else is buying platinum when they re-release valentines items?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingFu View Post
    The selfish card can be played both ways. The primary reason some people want them re-released is because they don't have them but wish to. It's even worse in that case since them being tradeable now means they're entirely obtainable by anyone, people just want to get their hands on them with the least amount of effort.

It isn't entirely selfish to not want them re-released anyways. I've always wanted a Devil's Pitchfork yet I was bummed to see those available again, I don't have an ESB yet I think the level 80 plat version is incredibly lame, I've never had a Humania face, but I don't want those made available again. In a world where everyone and their grandma has an undeserved Founder's and CoP, few items still hold any importance and have uniqueness to them. Some things were made to be limited and should be kept that way.

Besides, where do we draw the line? The original Valentine's items are some of the last holiday items that actually retained their spirit to them. Are holiday items the only things being re-released, or are we going to see Ichor weapons and black drag for plat soon? Since that would also generate lots of money for StS. Should Volconuts start dropping too so we can disregard anything retaining what little uniqueness it still has? People just suggest what should and shouldn't return based on what benefits them the most.
    There's no doubt that it would be a shame if they re-released the old Valentines items. But I am having doubts on whether you think its a shame for the right reason. We really have to get rid of this 'exclusivity' mindset. The fact that Valentines items are one of a kind is because other items HAVE been re-released and Valentines items HAVE NOT. Ideally, no item should have been re-released, and new items should have been made in place of them.

I, for one, am least interested in a Valentines Item, and I believe that several other players share the same opinion. I don't want old Valentines items to return, but instead have new items all together. Ask Pluto; he hasn't been able to sell his Cupids Bow for ages. And if the price depreciates, I would be even less interested, because then I won't be able to keep them as an asset.

And please not this undeserved crap again. Don't you think someone who has worked hard to earn 50M deserves to be able to buy a founders? Go to any other game. There's no discrimination based on when you joined. You have every chance to be the best, whether it's by playing too much or paying too much.