Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Please don't do this again...

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bazinga! View Post

And please not this undeserved crap again. Don't you think someone who has worked hard to earn 50M deserves to be able to buy a founders? Go to any other game. There's no discrimination based on when you joined. You have every chance to be the best, whether it's by playing too much or paying too much.
    To be fair, PL isn't like "any other game," it is of its own class and that's why we are all here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

And please not this undeserved crap again. Don't you think someone who has worked hard to earn 50M deserves to be able to buy a founders? Go to any other game. There's no discrimination based on when you joined.
    Throughout the VAST majority of this game there has nearly alwayway been a differential based on when you played and what you might have done to earn what, which was going to be exclusive.
    That is one the the things that used to drive me,
    that was why I didn't "go to any other game".

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

There's no doubt that it would be a shame if they re-released the old Valentines items. But I am having doubts on whether you think its a shame for the right reason. We really have to get rid of this 'exclusivity' mindset. The fact that Valentines items are one of a kind is because other items HAVE been re-released and Valentines items HAVE NOT. Ideally, no item should have been re-released, and new items should have been made in place of them.

I, for one, am least interested in a Valentines Item, and I believe that several other players share the same opinion. I don't want old Valentines items to return, but instead have new items all together. Ask Pluto; he hasn't been able to sell his Cupids Bow for ages. And if the price depreciates, I would be even less interested, because then I won't be able to keep them as an asset.
    And what's this so called "right reason" in the eyes of...you? I've said twice it isn't even remotely about self-gain. As for your stance on exclusivity, I strongly disagree.

And please not this undeserved crap again. Don't you think someone who has worked hard to earn 50M deserves to be able to buy a founders?
    Uh, nope, not even a little bit. Different items are meant to represent various things. Founder's was created to represent founding players, CoP was to recognize those who hit the first elite cap, Tourney Shield, Over Achiever helm, Volconut, etc. Those vanities had a story attached to each of them. They were something players had to actually work hard to earn through various means, and not just sit in town and buy. Countless items played the role of showing off your wealth, not every item needs to. There's much more to PL than just gold. Having a lot of gold grants you several privileges as is, it shouldn't get you everything.

Go to any other game. There's no discrimination based on when you joined. You have every chance to be the best, whether it's by playing too much or paying too much.
    Lol, huh? Countless games have exclusive and limited items. Pre-order incentives, limited collector's editions, exclusive releases of the game, limited holiday items/DLC, various events. I have no idea what you're talking about there. Also, how do exclusive vanity helms and items that aren't even viable in PvP inhibit anyone from being "the best"? You mean to tell me Johnnythebear can't be the best bear in PL because he doesn't have a CoP on his head and a Tourney Shield in hand? I'll also ignore the fact you may actually be suggesting pay-to-win is a better practice than having exclusive/limited items.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to KingFu For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts

if cinco was truly loco he would re-release EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!

NEW IGN RAGGADORR | I LOVE MYSTICALDREAM

7. The Following User Says Thank You to iceQueen69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

But what's the point when the new players cant literally get anything lol? I think this update made a majority of ppl happy and you can now always work towards something. I know a lot of people that had exclusive cap vanities and founders that actually cashed in hard with their items. I think this is a way better scenario than people being stuck with same lame stuff for ages. I mean if u started in 76 cap which was a while a go.. u had never the ability to get even a 3pc, foxes and rhinos never saw them from the day they were released. This way everyone can get a piece of the cake and work towards something.

Even if you got a cop back in sewers cap? Whats the point of having same stuff in a game that isn't really moving anywhere, there's no more huge updates like there used to be, it's just a fact. If sts were planning to continue adding huge updates like proper designed caps and adding new vanities I'm pretty sure they would never have done free trade. Adding free trade and 999m gold cap just encourages people to play more. Just imagine if they never did free trade, lets say they just extended gold cap, do you really think the game would be as lively as it is right now. NO. And games are all about player experience, which obviously got a lot better after the update.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingFu View Post
    And what's this so called "right reason" in the eyes of...you? I've said twice it isn't even remotely about self-gain. As for your stance on exclusivity, I strongly disagree.

Uh, nope, not even a little bit. Different items are meant to represent various things. Founder's was created to represent founding players, CoP was to recognize those who hit the first elite cap, Tourney Shield, Over Achiever helm, Volconut, etc. Those vanities had a story attached to each of them. They were something players had to actually work hard to earn through various means, and not just sit in town and buy. Countless items played the role of showing off your wealth, not every item needs to. There's much more to PL than just gold. Having a lot of gold grants you several privileges as is, it shouldn't get you everything.

Lol, huh? Countless games have exclusive and limited items. Pre-order incentives, limited collector's editions, exclusive releases of the game, limited holiday items/DLC, various events. I have no idea what you're talking about there. Also, how do exclusive vanity helms and items that aren't even viable in PvP inhibit anyone from being "the best"? You mean to tell me Johnnythebear can't be the best bear in PL because he doesn't have a CoP on his head and a Tourney Shield in hand? I'll also ignore the fact you may actually be suggesting pay-to-win is a better practice than having exclusive/limited items.
    So you mean discovering the game early enough to get a Founder's helm is hard work? Then you have no idea. Some vanities can be meant for special purposes, but what does this have to do with a Valentine's Event? Having gold doesn't grant access to everything. You can't get a Tourney Shield, a Volconut or a Founder if the owner does not want to sell. Valentines on the other hand is a recurring event. There will be all sorts of new Valentines based gear.

Basically you want to own an item that was made in 2010 and say in 2017 that "I have this item. I joined before you, so I'm better than you". You shouldn't deny it. And Sue outright said it. If you do the same kind of discrimination with skin color, it's called racism, and I hope you don't support that as well.

Honestly that is the reason we're all here, you're absolutely correct Ghost. And it's also the reason for new players not being here. And if you think STS is going to keep updating for the same people year after year, well tough luck KingFu.

Other games have exclusive items. But a person who doesn't have them isn't shunned away. Besides, there's always the option of trading with real money in other games, which isn't an option in PL, thus the idea of making all items tradeable.
    Last edited by Bazinga!; 02-04-2017 at 05:09 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

So you mean discovering the game early enough to get a Founder's helm is hard work?
    You put words in ppls mouths and twist what they say. When he said hard work it was specifically mentioning other items in a separate sentence.

Having gold doesn't grant access to everything.
    Yes it does now, minus human faces.

Valentines on the other hand is a recurring event. There will be all sorts of new Valentines based gear.
    Hey, there's a good idea, new items.

Basically you want to own an item that was made in 2010 and say in 2017 that "I have this item. I joined before you, so I'm better than you". You shouldn't deny it. And Sue outright said it. If you do the same kind of discrimination with skin color, it's called racism, and I hope you don't support that as well.
    Again twisting things and putting words in ppls mouths- No one said they were "better than you".
    To compare this to racism is disingenuous and hyperbolic to say the least, you couldn't be more wrong.

Other games have exclusive items. But a person who doesn't have them isn't shunned away.
    "shunned", really? Lol ppl need to take responsibility for their own perceptions and grow some thick skin before they go on line

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    You put words in ppls mouths and twist what they say. When he said hard work it was specifically mentioning other items in a separate sentence.

Yes it does now, minus human faces.

Hey, there's a good idea, new items.

Again twisting things and putting words in ppls mouths- No one said they were "better than you".
    To compare this to racism is disingenuous and hyperbolic to say the least, you couldn't be more wrong.

"shunned", really? Lol ppl need to take responsibility for their own perceptions and grow some thick skin before they go on line
    Oh please. We all have our own perceptions. Wrong is such a vague and relative term. You're as wrong as I am.

It may not be you, but you know that most of the community that still plays started a long time ago, and you know that a lot of people openly belittle new players.

What matters is experience. If you joined on the release date and never played since then, you would automatically have a founders. Did you deserve it? I don't think so.

I don't care if some people want exclusive items. It doesn't matter to me. But what does matter is the fact that people declare themselves better than others solely for owning some of these vanities, and as I mentioned, you may not be one of these people.

There's no point of me arguing any more. We got off on the wrong foot. I didn't mean to point you out in particular, but you cannot deny that the majority of the community has this mindset.

If things keep going like this, it doesn't matter how many updates PL gets, because as long as the player base doesn't increase, PL will remain a dead game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Come on they can't win this
    Re-releasing old items? Old players mad because exclusivity
    Releasing wholly new items? New players mad because equality
    Release altered items? Everyone mad because recolor
    Release any items? PvPers mad because rebalance

At this point I'd be happy if there'd be any event with maybe something to farm and something to buy
    Last edited by Ruby!!!; 02-04-2017 at 01:40 PM.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby!!! For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

I should say that I'm not actually mad at anything anymore (I was). I'm happy to see a surge in activity whatever does that at this point. I play devils advocate or take to either side if I think I can get ppl thinking differently.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Suentous PO For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iceQueen69 View Post
    if cinco was truly loco he would re-release EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!
    What is there pretty much not released besides human faces?hahaha

ELITE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    I should say that I'm not actually mad at anything anymore (I was). I'm happy to see a surge in activity whatever does that at this point. I play devils advocate or take to either side if I think I can get ppl thinking differently.
    Acceptance is the last step

I know I was rrreally mad when they put yellow antenna in blessings but since then I'm like 'eh'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Sue's response was pretty spot on, but I'll also add:

Having gold doesn't grant access to everything.
    Wow, you're totally right. I entirely forgot about premium elixirs and Humania faces, silly me.

You can't get a Tourney Shield, a Volconut or a Founder if the owner does not want to sell.
    Only there are several owners who do. Each of those examples I've seen in cs and know current sellers for. Name even one active item there isn't/hasn't been a seller for. Otherwise it's just yet another irrelevant hypothetical.

Basically you want to own an item that was made in 2010 and say in 2017 that "I have this item. I joined before you, so I'm better than you". You shouldn't deny it.
    If only I had gone over my reasoning in a previous post. Heh. Anyways, you're right, this is so much worse than "I have this item. I'm richer than you, so I'm better than you."

If you do the same kind of discrimination with skin color, it's called racism, and I hope you don't support that as well.
    Now that is a valid and intelligent point, sir. Well done.

I can cherry-pick too. You're clearly more fixated on attempting to twist my words and go off on a tangent than you are to construct a coherent counterargument, so oh well. I'll take my support of racism elsewhere.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Alright everyone let's just take it easy

21. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    142 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zaorago View Post
    Please do not do this again...

Xmas update was a good one but let's keep it just for xmas. Valentines day is coming up and i know most of the people that have 2010 valentines gear would hate for an event like Christmas to happen again. So please, Cinco, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

"My name is Pluto and i approve this message"
    No Love Grottos? D:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

First of all, re-releasing* more vanities will just devalue everything
    That is exactly what this game needs right now, the market is totally inflated and absurd.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Congeniality For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

All i can say is, ive noticed that vanities before are more good looking than today. Lol.

Today's vanities makes me wanna puke.

I hope AL would create a very nice good looking vanity for mage. Id love to see a female version mage. Even if its on plat! Idc how much it is, if its really worth it ill buy!!

Sorry i just love vanities! Its what keeps me motivated! Lmao!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Congeniality View Post
    That is exactly what this game needs right now, the market is totally inflated and absurd.
    Nah, economy is short on cash. We need another Grotto.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingFu View Post

"Having gold doesn't grant access to everything." - Bazinga

"Wow, you're totally right. I entirely forgot about premium elixirs and Humania faces, silly me." - KingFu
    Rip Bazinga.
    Last edited by zaorago; 02-06-2017 at 01:08 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

Rip Bazinga.
    He just proved my point. I had to say whatever I had to say. I still stick to my opinions.

But I feel for you bro. You have an expensive item that nobody wants and now it's gonna be worthless. Enjoy while you can!

Rip Zaorago
    Last edited by Bazinga!; 02-06-2017 at 01:48 AM.