Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: About Shyal Planar Arena

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Default About Shyal Planar Arena

Guildies of mine have been complaining about arena, not about bosses, if it's hard/easy or drops but about the time you have to wait before a boss spown...

Why is it that it takes 15 sec for the boss to spown?
    You talk to the mage and telling him that you are ready but you still have to wait 15 sec.

Guildie suggestion was to change the countdown to 5 sec, or just drop it. After all you are telling the mage that you are ready.

Sincerely,
    <Hollywood>

Sendt fra min SM-G935F med Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

15 sec is actually a good time considering all the lag and ping in the game^-*

Sent from my GT-S7262 using Tapatalk

3. The Following User Says Thank You to anandd For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anandd View Post
    15 sec is actually a good time considering all the lag and ping in the game^-*

Sent from my GT-S7262 using Tapatalk
    It's not. 15 seconds feel like an eternity inside that room. If you are lagging it's your connection problem
    "I used to be an adventurer like you, then I took an arrow to the knee"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

+1 agree 15 secs is so useless.. Just drop it..

Poslano sa mog Elephone G7 koristeći Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

idk why its there .... the boss fight it self lasts way less than 15s , so most of our time in there is the waiting time... Just reduce it to 5 or 3s .

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    78 Posts

agree, we mostly never die anymore in arena and if you do that's a sign you need moar better gear in arena or how we call it "git gud"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

I think they made it 15s because it was hard when it released. The "Arena" just need to be upgraded.
    D

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Donquixoth For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Donquixoth View Post
    I think they made it 15s because it was hard when it released. The "Arena" just need to be upgraded.
    I would prefer new arena to expansion with useless sets any day

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by leslietheone View Post
    Guildies of mine have been complaining about arena, not about bosses, if it's hard/easy or drops but about the time you have to wait before a boss spown...

Why is it that it takes 15 sec for the boss to spown?
    You talk to the mage and telling him that you are ready but you still have to wait 15 sec.

The arena just needs to be upgraded..... The current arena is not going to be the PERMANENT arena (hopefully)......... Another downside to decreasing the timer is the fact that people will LOOT EVEN MORE arena chests because of the arena's LOW SCALED LEVEL and that will only decrease prices of certain things in CS, something arlor doesn't need right now......

I noticed that a lot of the players who come into the arena aren't even aware of the environment effects, probably because they just bought an instant level up pack.... No sense in making it EVEN easier for them come into arlor and easily obtain tons of chests and loot fossils and vials............

Once the arena is upgraded (if it ever is), and players start to get a REAL taste of the arena and how it's ACTUALLY ran, they will see why the 15 second timer makes sense.....
    Last edited by Motherless_Child; 02-06-2017 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Sober... My typing is a bit off........

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Motherless_Child For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Motherless_Child View Post
    The arena just needs to be upgraded..... The current arena is not going to be the PERMANENT arena (hopefully)......... Another downside to decreasing the timer is the fact that people will LOOT EVEN MORE arena chests because of the arena's LOW SCALED LEVEL and that will only decrease prices of certain things in CS, something arlor doesn't need right now......

I noticed that a lot of the players who come into the arena aren't even aware of the environment effects, probably because they just bought an instant level up pack.... No sense in making it EVEN easier for them come into arlor and easily obtain tons of chests and loot fossils and vials............

Once the arena is upgraded (if it ever is), and players start to get a REAL taste of the arena and how it's ACTUALLY ran, they will see why the 15 second timer makes sense.....
    You want the arena to be upgraded which STS said in a thread that IT IS NOT GONA HAPPEN. As you have notes people(me too) rather want new places to fight, new mobs, bosses and item, instead of new graphic in a map that's just better left standing as it is.

The drop chance won't change, as you may notes the fossil and vial rarity is low. You people tend to use the "if it happens it will ruin the economy", im sorry to break it to you but fossil is easier(higher drop chance) to get in crate then in arena chest, and as crazy as it is, the price on nekro has more or less been constant. Remember when vial was 10k?

About what you notes, idk what lvl you play but most close to all people i met in arena have a understanding on what they are doing, they may have low gear but they still know how to kill a mob and how to collect a chest and repeat.
    It actually does make sense to have people who are new to the game have the same excitement as you had the first time u looted a vial/fossil, this will not only benifit to the economy but also to the player staying in the game.

You would prolly not stay in the game if you never got anything good and you saw "experienced" people get all the valuable loot.

The arena will not chance and people have a taste on how the arena is supposed to be ran, time is changing you can either follow or dream.

There is no sense for the 15sec waiting time, I understand it when arena was hard back some seasons ago but now thst I can kill them naked with only dagger and pet, I see no sense on the 15sec waiting time.
    Either scale the arena to how it was back then + scale to the lvl or change the 15sec waiting to 3sec

This will make people want to run arena more since it doesn't take 200 years to get 10 chest. Ofc the drop chance will be reduced if more people get the chest, I rather want that then 20 years of waiting time...

PS: idk how the coding works but it most likely isn't too hard to change the waiting time from 15sec to 5sec COMPARED TO changing the visual or scaling the mobs/bosses
    Sincerely,
    Kraag

Last edited by leslietheone; 02-06-2017 at 11:25 AM. Reason: PS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Donquixoth View Post
    Remember that time has changed and arena needs to follow or it will end up like the "legends of stronghold", some says the place exist other says it is a conspiracy from the lizard squad

Sincerely
    Kraag

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

For one, I do not remember any posting or word of STS not upgrading the Arena.... If that's TRUE, then they need not to waste their time adjusting the Arena time, they just NEED to remove the Arena................

Secondly, try to know what you are talking about before posting......... DECREASING time will NOT increase your luck percentage chance to loot items PER CHEST, what it WILL do is allow, let's say, some AVERAGE runner to end up with 500 chests in the same amount of time it takes to get 300..... Opening 500 chests opposed to 300 gives you 200 more OPPORTUNITIES to loot certain items at the SAME luck percentage rate.... 500 opportunities will prove to be more rewarding than 300 opportunities and PRICES will be affected........ Additionally, we SPEAK of the economy a lot because our EXPERIENCE has given us a certain LEVEL of know how when it comes to the price of items, their FLUCTUATIONS, and WHAT is causing the FLUCTUATION!!!!!! The ECONOMY in this game is an IMPORTANT regulator and without it, this game is unplayable which is why SO much emphasis is put on it..... Obviously you cannot fathom what we are saying when we bring up the economy because you either aren't paying attention, you just CANNOT get it, or you play TOO casually (especially these days during the bad economy era) to be capable of understanding..........

The objective of this game is NOT to make SIMPLE things SIMPLER.......... In the Arena, you can loot fossils, for god's sake..... It shouldn't be made EVEN easier, there has got to be SOME challenge... The Arena is EASY enough......... And, I don't KNOW who you run the Arena with but, when fight's there last there for only 3 seconds each, there is NO way for you to know who knows what they are doing in the arena and who doesn't unless you yourself are EXPERIENCED.......... I mean, when people are still dying from the purple circle of death that appears below players because they are STANDING right next to players as the timer clicks down that's a clear indication of people who do not understand why it's IMPORTANT to play 4 corners in the arena.. STAY THE FREAK AWAY!!!!!!......

Like you quoted: "There is no sense for the 15sec waiting time......... This will make people want to run arena more since it doesn't take 200 years to get 10 chest. Ofc the drop chance will be reduced if more people get the chest, I rather want that then 20 years of waiting time"...... Makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE!!!!!!!!.... You say "no sense in 15sec wait time", then U say "this will make people want to run more since it doesn't take 200 years to get chest", then U say "Drop(loot) chances will be NERFED as a result"..... Then WHAT are you running for if loot chances will be NERFED as a result of a timer reduction??????

The problem is NOT impossible coding, the issue is WHAT PURPOSE would taking the time to make such an irrelevant adjustment serve???????? What in the heck to you expect to gain from running the arena with a reduced timer and a NERFED loot chance rate?????? Might as well just run elites and get runner chests......
    Last edited by Motherless_Child; 02-06-2017 at 12:07 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Hello

well i can't find the thread where STS said it, but as i said earlier, STS have said many times that they do not update old maps since they rather focus on creating some new and different maps instead.

Secondly, try to know what you are talking about before posting......... DECREASING time will NOT increase your luck percentage chance to loot items PER CHEST, what it WILL do is allow, let's say, some AVERAGE runner to end up with 500 chests in the same amount of time it takes to get 300..... Opening 500 chests opposed to 300 gives you 200 more OPPORTUNITIES to loot certain items at the SAME luck percentage rate.... 500 opportunities will prove to be more rewarding than 300 opportunities and PRICES will be affected........ [/COLOR]
    Its good to know that you can do math but if you read what i say, ill try to explain to you what i said(try follow me, read it again if u dont understand):
    What i was saying is that by reducing the waiting time between the bosses will make the players more likely to play shuyal arena.

1. example to make it more simplified: you had the chance to choose between the light and dark angel, in both of them you would get the same thing no difference but 1, if you choose the light angel you would have to wait 15 sec when u reached a boss.

2. example: you could chose between two places to buy some groceries, in store 1 everything goes smoothly, but in store two you had to wait and wait awkwardly for 15 sec before the one behind the disk let you use your CC.

so what i am saying is that, the drop chance will be reduced but it will be compared to the 15 sec that will disappear, and a AMAZING feature that will blow your mind is to remove the gold drop completely, so u only get chest, WOW did i just solve all the world problem? where is my nobel prize...

Additionally, we SPEAK of the economy a lot because our EXPERIENCE has given us a certain LEVEL of know how when it comes to the price of items, their FLUCTUATIONS, and WHAT is causing the FLUCTUATION!!!!!! The ECONOMY in this game is an IMPORTANT regulator and without it, this game is unplayable which is why SO much emphasis is put on it..... Obviously you cannot fathom what we are saying when we bring up the economy because you either aren't paying attention, you just CANNOT get it, or you play TOO casually (especially these days during the bad economy era) to be capable of understanding..........[/COLOR]
    *face palm* *deep breath*
    oh god...when i say economy, i am talking about this subject ffs, not about the entire AL economy...
    I did some runs in arena and found out on average you make around 260g each run, thats after i sold all the item it drop and opened the chest and auto sold that as well. You complain about taking away 15 sec will somehow ruin the economy, while in graveyard you get 1k gold drop for quite a long time and the economy is how it always been. and ill clarify again what i said: Remove the 15sec waiting time and reduce the arcane/vial drop rate.

The objective of this game is NOT to make SIMPLE things SIMPLER.......... In the Arena, you can loot fossils, for god's sake..... It shouldn't be made EVEN easier, there has got to be SOME challenge... The Arena is EASY enough......... And, I don't KNOW who you run the Arena with but, when fight's there last there for only 3 seconds each, there is NO way for you to know who knows what they are doing in the arena and who doesn't unless you yourself are EXPERIENCED.......... I mean, when people are still dying from the purple circle of death that appears below players because they are STANDING right next to players as the timer clicks down that's a clear indication of people who do not understand why it's IMPORTANT to play 4 corners in the arena.. STAY THE FREAK AWAY!!!!!!......
    oh god...
    You dont make it easier by reducing the time you have to wait....YOU DO NOT gain EXPERENCE by standing still looking at a clock counting down nor do u want to run the map.

i do agree on the arena is easy, but how do you make it easier by reducing the time??? you dont make it easier, you won't die more or less cuz of the time is 1 sec or 1hr. the only difference is that one is boring and the other is more intersting.

as i said earlier, unless u have your info from a 2015 post, i would understand that new people didn't know how the arena worked but now nearly everyone does, and it only take 5 runs to see what others do and do the same thing, thats what human does to learn, thats what u did as a baby(amazing right), you watch others and do the same thing as them.
    it happens to everyone from time to time where u stand too close to someone, and dont tell me im not "experienced" i been playing the game since 2012.

Like you quoted: "There is no sense for the 15sec waiting time......... This will make people want to run arena more since it doesn't take 200 years to get 10 chest. Ofc the drop chance will be reduced if more people get the chest, I rather want that then 20 years of waiting time"...... Makes ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE!!!!!!!!.... You say "no sense in 15sec wait time", then U say "this will make people want to run more since it doesn't take 200 years to get chest", then U say "Drop(loot) chances will be NERFED as a result"..... Then WHAT are you running for if loot chances will be NERFED as a result of a timer reduction??????
    oh.....motherless child(from your ign), it does make sense. First you pop more chest out, and reduce reducing the drop rate on fossil/vial, by doing so you will have the same amount of fossil/vial in the market but people won't have to wait 1hr doing nothing weekly cuz they wanted to farm shuyal chest.

To sum it up, you get more chest but less chance to get vial/fossil, the reduce on the loot should ofc be counted compared to how active shuyal arena is.

Sincerely,
    Kraag
    Last edited by leslietheone; 02-06-2017 at 08:46 PM. Reason: edit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Hello

well i can't find the thread where STS said it, but as i said earlier, STS have said many times that they do not update old maps since they rather focus on creating some new and different maps instead.
    StS NEVER UPDATED old maps before..... The ARENA on the other hand is something that is UPDATED/UPGRADED.... Guess you weren't around when it has happened before in the past.... Guess your inexperience just shows in that particular area..... When STS said they DO NOT update OLD maps they WERE not referring to the ARENA.... They were referring to regular maps, like nordr, tinidrin, ETC......... Arena, Guantlet, and Events are what gets UPGRADED!!!!!!!

Secondly, when it comes to the arena and the ECONOMY, i'm not talking about GOLD DROPS, common sense should have helped you come to that realization...... When I say the ECONOMY will be HURT by a REDUCED timer, what i'm saying IS that with a REDUCED timer people will be able to GET MORE chest runs out of the Arena in the same amount of time than usual, causing people to end up with like almost double the amount of chests they would obtain if ran with the timer at it's normal rate... Double amount of chests in a shorter amount of time will give more people MORE OPPORTUNITIES at "LUCKY LOOT"..... Not just fossils but, other things that come from the chests that can slow the economy down as well..... For instance, if everyone is able to loot hundreds of ankhs or NUMEROUS vials (not just 1 or 2) from opening hundreds of chests, those items will become irrelevant in the auction...... That's why the drops were nerfed in the first place...... That's why MY POINT earlier was WHY nerf it EVEN further just to pointlessly reduce the arena counter time in-between fights......... What would be the point in RUNNING the arena at all if the "LUCKY LOOT" chances from crates are WORSE than what they already are............. I just opened over 300 of those things and got nothing, I would hate to have worse success from opening 600 chests acquired in the same amount of time because of a nerfed counter and a NERFED chest "LUCKY LOOT" chance....

And.... I'm STILL waiting for you to explain why a REDUCED timer in the arena is NEEDED and why it would be a GOOD idea to FURTHER NERF the arena chest "LUCKY LOOT" chance?????? Please focus on answering that question instead of focusing on ATTEMPTING to scrape together some sort of counter.............

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

It's actually closer to 20 seconds because boss doesn't appear immediately after the countdown is finished.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

And.... I'm STILL waiting for you to explain why a REDUCED timer in the arena is NEEDED and why it would be a GOOD idea to FURTHER NERF the arena chest "LUCKY LOOT" chance?????? Please focus on answering that question instead of focusing on ATTEMPTING to scrape together some sort of counter.............
    "What i was saying is that by reducing the waiting time between the bosses will make the players more likely to play shuyal arena."
    NO ONE want to wait 15sec for nothingness. It is simply waste of time and not worth it.
    "To sum it up, you get more chest but less chance to get vial/fossil, the reduce on the loot should ofc be counted compared to how active shuyal arena is"

if you read my thread a second time, I've came with pretty good explanation why the 15sec should be stripped off, it is irrelevant and just a waste of time at this point.
    example 1:
    you have 1 chest there is 1/2 chance to get an arc egg.
    example 2:
    you have 2 chest there is 1/4 chance for you to get an arcane egg.
    you have atlas the same amount of chance to loot an arcane chest in the first example as in the 2nd example.

StS NEVER UPDATED old maps before..... The ARENA on the other hand is something that is UPDATED/UPGRADED.... Guess you weren't around when it has happened before in the past.... Guess your inexperience just shows in that particular area..... When STS said they DO NOT update OLD maps they WERE not referring to the ARENA.... They were referring to regular maps, like nordr, tinidrin, ETC......... Arena, Guantlet, and Events are what gets UPGRADED!!!!!!!
    They said this in another season when arena was as easy as it is now, and they were REFERING to SHUYAL AREANA. the thread was about arena not about "regular maps".
    STS it would be nice if you could confirm this

Secondly, when it comes to the arena and the ECONOMY, i'm not talking about GOLD DROPS, common sense should have helped you come to that realization...... When I say the ECONOMY will be HURT by a REDUCED timer, what i'm saying IS that with a REDUCED timer people will be able to GET MORE chest runs out of the Arena in the same amount of time than usual, causing people to end up with like almost double the amount of chests they would obtain if ran with the timer at it's normal rate... Double amount of chests in a shorter amount of time will give more people MORE OPPORTUNITIES at "LUCKY LOOT"..... Not just fossils but, other things that come from the chests that can slow the economy down as well.....
    i think a quote of yours fits perfectly to this
    ...For instance, if everyone is able to loot hundreds of ankhs or NUMEROUS vials (not just 1 or 2) from opening hundreds of chests, those items will become irrelevant in the auction...... That's why the drops were nerfed in the first place......
    You answer your own question, which is TO PROTECT THE ECONOMY, Im sure of STS have some sort of system that regulate how much stuff drop compared to how active the hunt for it is...just like vial, as you can see the price have been up and down by a scale of 300%.

What would be the point in RUNNING the arena at all if the "LUCKY LOOT" chances from crates are WORSE than what they already are............. I just opened over 300 of those things and got nothing, I would hate to have worse success from opening 600 chests acquired in the same amount of time because of a nerfed counter and a NERFED chest "LUCKY LOOT" chance....
    What would the point be??
    I ran mousoline lot of time, i opened chest lot of time, i was looking for arcane chest for a lot of time...if you try hard enough, you will get it at one point, stop whining about "what would the point be", Crying about not nerfing the chest because "what would the point be" is what "not experienced" people do, I on the other hand want to make Shuyal Arena more effective.

I just opened over 300 of those things and got nothing, I would hate to have worse success from opening 600 chests acquired in the same amount of time because of a nerfed counter and a NERFED chest "LUCKY LOOT" chance....
    Well... im sorry to say this to you but, thats what happens, some times you get lot of good stuff other time u get trash.

STS are actually regulating the drop chance for stuff all the time, yes they do think about the economy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

"What i was saying is that by reducing the waiting time between the bosses will make the players more likely to play shuyal arena."
    MORE PEOPLE running it?????? That's MY POINT!!!!!! If everyone in arlor RUNS the Arena, there will be NO POINT in running it... The Arena can EASILY be soloed at this point, why are MORE people needed to run it????? Less people running the arena, the better...

Anyways, you are nott (lol) getting it.... No point in entertaining this any further.........

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

MORE PEOPLE running it?????? That's MY POINT!!!!!! If everyone in arlor RUNS the Arena, there will be NO POINT in running it... The Arena can EASILY be soloed at this point, why are MORE people needed to run it????? Less people running the arena, the better...

Anyways, you are nott (lol) getting it.... No point in entertaining this any further.........
    Gg
    /11 char

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

lol it wont afect the price of fossil , the chance to get it is already at 0 so more chests beeing opened wont make a diffirence XD

( atleast thats what i realized after 4k+ arena runs.... )

Ign : Derp - endgame main / Gouiwaa : will be a twink once twinking is back / Derpynuts : lvl1 , my troll account

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gouiwaa9000 View Post
    lol it wont afect the price of fossil , the chance to get it is already at 0 so more chests beeing opened wont make a diffirence XD

( atleast thats what i realized after 4k+ arena runs.... )
    Remember my 470 arena chests fail............the nightmares they haunt me..

Anyway i know Sts said they won't upgrade it due to being old content
    but arena was one of the most enjoyable content there was.Maybe they can work exalted planer arena with bosses from MS