Thread: Please help me.. stick to rogue or switch to mage? I can't decide!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Unhappy Please help me.. stick to rogue or switch to mage? I can't decide!

So, today i made a decision.
    I thought about quitting Rogue class and creating a mage.

The good thing is, I already have a level 8 Mage twink without gears now, but the pets (Mishi and Sam) are both still on it. Which means I can just take my Nekro & MM from my rogue and slot it in these pets, so I won't have to buy new pets. The only thing I have to do is level up to 61.

First things first, I plan to only do PvE.
    Which means a lot of Graveyard and Mausoleum and everything which comes in feature expansions.
    I'm 99% sure farming Grave and Maus is SO much more fun with a mage class!
    You don't have to pot every 2 seconds as you have to if you are a rogue, you do more AoE damage, weapons have OP procs.

I thought of the pros and cons if I switch to mage:

Pros:

- More area damage
    - Way less pot burn
    - WAY cheaper gears
    - WAY cheaper jewels
    - Overall better in PvE i think
    - More fun IMO

Cons:

- If I ever decide doing PvP at endgame, i probably regret quitting rogue
    - I need to level up to 61 from lvl 8 and I'm not planning to buy the power booster so yea... thats a con too

What I want from you now, is, please help me find more Pro's & Con's and tell me why i should switch to Mage or why I should stick to Rogue.

As a side note: The main reason i want to switch is because I can sell my rogue gears, and my jewels and speed set is worth much more than INT type, so if I decide to switch to Mage i have more money to spend.

Example: I can sell my Superb finesse jewels for 300k each and buy Superb mind for i think like 220k each.
    Or also: I can sell my Speed Set Dex for 10m and buy the Int one for i think like 7m or whatever the price is. Fact is, it's way cheaper.

So I can buy better gears for my Mage because I save a lot of money on jewels and gears overall.

So: Switch or stay Rogue?

Thanks
    Last edited by VenomSet; 02-07-2017 at 11:12 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by VenomSet View Post
    So, today i made a decision.
    I thought about quitting Rogue class and creating a mage.

The good thing is, I already have a level 8 Mage twink without gears now, but the pets (Mishi and Sam) are both still on it. Which means I can just take my Nekro & MM from my rogue and slot it in these pets, so I won't have to buy new pets. The only thing I have to do is level up to 61.

First things first, I plan to only do PvE.
    Which means a lot of Graveyard and Mausoleum and everything which comes in feature expansions.
    I'm 99% sure farming Grave and Maus is SO much more fun with a mage class!
    You don't have to pot every 2 seconds as you have to if you are a rogue, you do more AoE damage, weapons have OP procs.

I thought of the pros and cons if I switch to mage:

Pros:

- More area damage
    - Way less pot burn
    - WAY cheaper gears
    - WAY cheaper jewels
    - Overall better in PvE i think
    - More fun IMO

Cons:

- If I ever decide doing PvP at endgame, i probably regret quitting rogue
    - I need to level up to 61 from lvl 8 and I'm not planning to buy the power booster so yea... thats a con too

What I want from you now, is, please help me find more Pro's & Con's and tell me why i should switch to Mage or why I should stick to Rogue.

As a side note: The main reason i want to switch is because I can sell my rogue gears, and my jewels and speed set is worth much more than INT type, so if I decide to switch to Mage i have more money to spend.

Example: I can sell my Superb finesse jewels for 300k each and buy Superb mind for i think like 220k each.
    Or also: I can sell my Speed Set Dex for 10m and buy the Int one for i think like 7m or whatever the price is. Fact is, it's way cheaper.

So I can buy better gears for my Mage because I save a lot of money on jewels and gears overall.

So: Switch or stay Rogue?

Thanks
    Each class type has a different feel to it and which type is better for a particular individual (player) is dependent on an individual's play style.... You probably already have come to that conclusion but, I just wanted to throw that out there because I would hate to tell an individual that a particular class is like sooo OP when playing PvE only for that individual to take that advice and end up selecting a class that they just end up regretting.....

I noticed that you said you plan to manually level up your mage rather than buying an instant level up pack..... That's actually good because then you get to WORK your way to mage endgame level instead of instantly getting there and this will sort of get you used to the mage class, the use of it's skills, and how and when to effectively execute them......

I play an endgame mage and I can give you a couple of Pros and Cons for the mage class......

Pros:

1. Crowd Control (puts you in the driver's seat at times but, effectiveness takes legitimate know how)..............

2. Easier on mana pots.... Mage has high mana because mage skills COST per use.......

3. Cheaper weapons/gear (last time I really checked.... Haven't really dove into that area lately but, i'm pretty sure that it's still the same).........

Cons:

1. More party dependant that warrior or rogue (rogues and warriors can do more soloing, mage needs some sort of party for nearly everything which can slow farming for mage)

2. Rogues and Warriors do better economically (due to the fact that warriors and rogues can complete lots of maps with minimum to NO party members, they can farm more thus making them more profitable.... Hence the higher prices in auction for warriors and rogues)

3. Mages may use less mana pots but, mages still use a lot of health pots because of decreased durability due to less health and armor than rogues and warriors.... Shield kind of helps (if you choose to use it.... But it breaks easily...... I personally don't use shield or heal, 4 attacks only for me) As a mage you REALLY have to spam those pots on some maps, or die......

4. Mages has the ugliest armor/gear and vanities..... Some of them just aren't right.... Especially the ones that showcases his skinny legs..... Mages should have ROBE gear and vanities ONLY........

I can't really tell what class is better for YOU, so I just decided to list some pros and cons about the class i'm familiar with and maybe you can use that information to help you come to a conclusion........

Personally, if I were thinking about trying out another class, I would just switch my main from FULL TIME to PART TIME and just choose the other class to run through arlor until I decide the class is either for me or not....
    Last edited by Motherless_Child; 02-07-2017 at 11:50 AM.

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Motherless_Child View Post
    Each class type has a different feel to it and which type is better for a particular individual (player) is dependent on an individual's play style.... You probably already have come to that conclusion but, I just wanted to throw that out there because I would hate to tell an individual that a particular class is like sooo OP when playing PvE only for that individual to take that advice and end up selecting a class that they just end up regretting.....

I noticed that you said you plan to manually level up your mage rather than buying an instant level up pack..... That's actually good because then you get to WORK your way to mage endgame level instead of instantly getting there and this will sort of get you used to the mage class, the use of it's skills, and how and when to effectively execute them......

I play an endgame mage and I can give you a couple of Pros and Cons for the mage class......

Pros:

1. Crowd Control (puts you in the driver's seat at times but, effectiveness takes legitimate know how)..............

2. Easier on mana pots.... Mage has high mana because mage skills COST per use.......

3. Cheaper weapons/gear (last time I really checked.... Haven't really dove into that area lately but, i'm pretty sure that it's still the same).........

Cons:

1. More party dependant that warrior or rogue (rogues and warriors can do more soloing, mage needs some sort of party for nearly everything which can slow farming for mage)

2. Rogues and Warriors do better economically (due to the fact that warriors and rogues can complete lots of maps with minimum to NO party members, they can farm more thus making them more profitable.... Hence the higher prices in auction for warriors and rogues)

3. Mages may use less mana pots but, mages still use a lot of health pots because of decreased durability due to less health and armor than rogues and warriors.... Shield kind of helps (if you choose to use it.... But it breaks easily...... I personally don't use shield or heal, 4 attacks only for me) As a mage you REALLY have to spam those pots on some maps, or die......

4. Mages has the ugliest armor/gear and vanities..... Some of them just aren't right.... Especially the ones that showcases his skinny legs..... Mages should have ROBE gear and vanities ONLY........

I can't really tell what class is better for YOU, so I just decided to list some pros and cons about the class i'm familiar with and maybe you can use that information to help you come to a conclusion........

Personally, if I were thinking about trying out another class, I would just switch my main from FULL TIME to PART TIME and just choose the other class to run through arlor until I decide the class is either for me or not....
    Thanks for taking the time to reply :-)
    Appreciate it

4. The Following User Says Thank You to VenomSet For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    121 Posts

Ive wrote a long answer here. Then i deleted it. Just wanted to sum up with a few words, but i went too far. I dont want to bother you and everyone else, so...

...if you feel like to play as a mage, do not hesitate. Youll never know how comforatble it is to play till you dont try it. Its all up to you.

Whatever will be your decision, i wish you to find the best fitting toon compared to your comfort zone.

Sorry for my grammar mistakes! Wish you the bests!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

i have played both classes both 61and here are some of my opinions and no i can't youse auto correct ;-; gl reading

Mage
    This class is overall fun to play with,you can feel the power every time a fireball hits.There jewels are on the cheap side due to most people swaping to rogue....il stop there yo avoid drama
    Mages also have that beautiful flame staff *_* Nekro sucks on a mage it feels boring.
    also they are good at farmin ap on lower maps
    They are super cute

Downside to mage is the discrimination we get so much hate..so much hate..
    Rogues always call you noob if you done use mana skill.Shield sometimes fail if your ping spikes a bit
    also you die easy

Rogue
    After i went back to my mage (cause rogue was a ultra boring class to play pve ;- i missed useing aim shot and perc and seeing the hp bar of a mob go to 20% or 0 xD
    you can solo fast with rogue in MOST maps
    But they atleast give you something to look at if your gone farm for hours at one......
    also you can solo arena fast
    and be able to do most timed runs
    downside
    gear is ultra Costy due to.. wel if you get kills left and right in 1 shot..obviously a lot will play the class
    pve sucks as a rog (since mages can kill a boss faster)
    low mana
    low area damge

my opinion go blue and join our fight for mage equality
    #BlueLivesMater

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts

I have both at lv61 and it really depends on what your goal is.

Mage can be a major money saver just be prepared to be squishy. Low lvl elites will be "free" to run as you have heal so it's pure profit on anything you loot.

End game mage is fun, hex staff plus drag staff in maus makes you more important than a rogue especially if you have 54 arc pend, its gg with two mages running this. The mob density in new maps makes dropping a clock and hitting a crit so very joyous to watch.

If you PvP a lot then I would suggest rogue as it will take less skill to be good -_-.more costly ofc.

In the end I'm a mage player and I love CC so it will always be my main for pve.gear is cheaper and farming more profitable so its a no brainer to me.

Start leveling your mage and see if you like it is the best advice I can give,no one wants to play a class they don't like -_-

Gl and happy farming.

Ign: Archonmage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

In mausoleum it is much easier to go with a mage party than with rogues. Stun mobs makes a big difference. In boss, it is faster to kill him having rogues than having mage.

But if you already have good pets and armor to rogue it is best to continue with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts

it takes 6 hits from a mage to kill one single warrior class skeleton in grave but a rogue 2, choose wisrly cause once you go mage you never go back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by soon View Post
    In boss, it is faster to kill him having rogues than having mage.
    1 decent mage with dragon staff does more damage to boss than 2 super mega ultra maxed rogues

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Alwarez For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alwarez View Post
    1 decent mage with dragon staff does more damage to boss than 2 super mega ultra maxed rogues
    I've heard this several times. Is proc damage better than a light with masterie? I always see rogue critics constantly slowing down the boss's life.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts

I've heard this several times. Is proc damage better than a light with masterie? I always see rogue critics constantly slowing down the boss's life.
    dragon proc damage is bigger than aimed critical and light critical as long as boss has insane hp

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Alwarez For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Just to let ya'll know, I've made my decision and swapped to mage.
    And I can say one thing, it feels way better.
    I'm currently leveling up and everything is much easier, I didn't buy pots once, and it feels like you really do damage to insane amounts of mobs.
    I really enjoy the class and the best - i sold my rogue gear and since mage gear is cheaper i can now buy some fresh vanities - thanks everybody

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts

Image Below is of my mage's CRIT damage in the Graveyard on the boss (the Frostir Graveyard boss) WITHOUT Dragon Staff and WITH "LIGHTNING" mastery....... (Note: The 11,550 CRITICAL in the pic is MY attack... LIGHTNING CRITICAL damage with mastery)..... NO damage elixirs, cryogem, or effigy activated.............

Name:  Untitledcrit.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  287.2 KB

With a HIGH crit %, this is DEADLY!!!!!!!

Below is a pic showing crit % rate WITH maridos AA activated......

Name:  Untitledstat.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  279.9 KB
    Last edited by Motherless_Child; 02-09-2017 at 01:36 PM.

Official Signature Of Dot Com Entertainment

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Motherless_Child For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alwarez View Post
    dragon proc damage is bigger than aimed critical and light critical as long as boss has insane hp
    Quote Originally Posted by Motherless_Child View Post
    Image Below is of my mage's CRIT damage in the Graveyard on the boss (the Frostir Graveyard boss) WITHOUT Dragon Staff and WITH "LIGHTNING" mastery....... (Note: The 11,550 CRITICAL in the pic is MY attack... LIGHTNING CRITICAL damage with mastery)..... NO damage elixirs, cryogem, or effigy activated.............

Name:  Untitledcrit.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  287.2 KB

With a HIGH crit %, this is DEADLY!!!!!!!

Below is a pic showing crit % rate WITH maridos AA activated......

Name:  Untitledstat.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  279.9 KB

Thanks guys