Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Criticism Incoming

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    256 Posts

We all have the right to have our own opinions.

I understand why some dislike the re-used content, re-colouring of the maps.

But, don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Why look for faults in something that we have been given? Cinco and others have worked very hard, made an effort to listen to us and try to improve the game. Making pvp updates, seasonal updates as well as new cap expansions. Yes, its not perfect, but I still appreciate it greatly.

Look how the active the game is now, some older friends have come back. Yes people still continue to quit, but life moves quickly and people get busy and move on.

I love the new and improved PL, they have revived it with a pay to win incentive. I prefer this Pocket Legends compared to the days of BSM cap of 1 year and 9 months, then Ancient Caverns cap and the inevitable announcement of "no new updates on all Lengend's games by Justg".

I'll will take any expansion, seasonal updates and pvp improvements any day over nothing at all.

I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light.
    -Helen Keller

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts

I just thought that they would put more work into making a cap than making a seasonal event. I know it's tough to keep making new items every time an event comes for a game with a comparatively small player base, but when you're making something big - make it perfect as well.

1000 plat for recolored items is what I'm mad about man. Make all the money you want after providing good quality content.
    Last edited by Bazinga!; 02-09-2017 at 08:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

so youre saying this is bad quality content? How are you going to complain about updates on a game that JustG himself said there wouldnt be anymore updates on almost 2yrs ago and yet here we are getting a new cap and even more so events added to the best game STS has made. I loved the BSM cap and I look forward to a reskinned BSM set. "savage, swift and fiery sets" Alot of people loved BSM cap just liked i did and loved the sets aswell in it.

TY CINCO <3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bazinga! View Post

There had to be one of these eventually. But I don't want to dismiss the work STS has done for PL either, so let's first appreciate the fact that we got a new cap, and PvP is (I think) better, at least at 76.

Okay, so I have pretty mixed feelings for this update. Neither was I expecting, nor did I want a new cap. I feel like all the glory of a new expansion is just for name's sake (Wow, a new level; what a good update!). That's all there is to it. Honestly, it's just leveling up again.

What other incentive is there to level up to 85 other than having a level advantage in PvP and getting gear with better stats. Here are some things I'm quite annoyed about.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

1> About the new Items (or not so new after all).

Back when PL never got any updates, people considered it amazing to get anything. This happened with the 77 cap. 300K XP to keep players engaged, reuse of Crystal items, and then another long run without updates. STS could have literally made the 77.5 cap after 77 and it would have been considered a blessing. But things are quite different now.

When STS decided to start a series of updates for PL, they should have known that reusing items over and over again won't help improve the game. Think from the perspective of a new player. It's all good till 76, and then there's a severe lack of quality thereafter. He's probably wondering what happened to the game. And now it's happened again, for the billionth time.

Also what is quite pissing off is that people spent their money to buy new items, and the items are of no use after a week. And I'm not only talking about DEREX, INTEX and STRAX. What about the speed sets? Absolutely useless after winter.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

2> About the new cap

I'd have to call this a new cap, and just that. It's not nearly an expansion, just a new cap. Once again, temporary engagement. Giving people a good enough reason to spend hundreds of dollars to enjoy the tedious process of leveling up, but not really giving any quality. And it's special this time, because you don't get any items till you're 85! Awesome, right?

Initially, some reusing and recoloring (okay, a lot) was done to pique people's interest in the game. These were usually event updates like winter and Halloween. But remaking the game won't work forever. And it's extremely disappointing that the same thing has happened with a cap. To me, a cap is supposed to be a big update; a new stage.

3> Stuff in general.

I feel that the lack of quality content and updates in PL is making a worse impact on the game. I don't play AL, but I'm pretty sure that STS wouldn't dare recolor a single item and release it as even a new seasonal event, let alone a cap. That's because AL players actually have expectations, unlike some PL players. I feel that STS is using PL as a powerhouse and releasing whatever they can as frequently as they can for large amounts of platinum. And unless STS really doesn't know how to make a good update, which I refuse to believe, they know this as well.

I also feel bad that I have to say all this, but when a player feels like that, it's better to just leave it, because no amount of updates would convince that player to spend on the game. Rather, I would have made a long term update, that players can dabble with for a while, like stakes in PvP (just throwing it out there ;p).

PL has probably reached the point of no return. 8 levels worth of bad updates (77-85). If it's not worth leveling up a whole 8 levels of the game, it's not worth playing it at all.

What I'm trying to say:

STS doesn't want to use their staff to update PL. What they do with their own staff and their own game is their concern, and I don't intend to interfere. But make updates that are feasible for a limited amount of people to make.

Please don't try huge updates like new caps, and then reuse items for the sake of finishing it. Small updates can be meaningful and can have a bigger impact. Tournaments and contests are a good way, if not the best way to keep players engaged, yet I rarely see a single contest or tournament.

Nobody's is denying that you're just updating for the money, so I'll put it out there as well. But if you've decided that you want to update PL, at least make quality updates.
    Everyone's wants new stuff & everyone wants new items, yet I have a 100% sureness you don't even know what coding goes into said items to make them, or the amount of time it takes to 3d render a object of said quality after the time and effort to draw one up is done. The process to make new gear and not just change a few colors or animations is "costly" not just in money but time. It takes people away from more important task to do this one little flunk of nothingness.

Like I famous man once said, "ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country"
    Last edited by Kingzila; 02-13-2017 at 05:32 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Engelhard View Post
    As an old player who hasn't played in years I loved the update and though it was very well thought out. Yes some of the new things require plat but we were always running elixers in the past when grinding out massive amounts of xp. The first class teams are very fun, fast paced and exciting. Excitement I haven't seen in PL in a long time. Quit complaining it wasn't that long ago when it was announced no more updates and we thought this game could be gone forever. Thank you Cinco your hard work is much appreciated and I hope you ignore the few that don't like it and continue having fun with your game and giving us new content anytime you please. Again I thought the new content was awesome and has brought back a few older players and I think if this continues a lot more people will be back. Ps. The little pocket legends push notification is what got my attention to come check it out.
    When you buy 2000 plat to move to 76 from lvl 66 post update and it's all gone in the same day and your only 74. And that's why I like the idea of giving xp packs until you cap in the new areas, it gives a reason to cap beyond being on the boards or being with everyone els capped like how it was back in my tron times. You don't feel like you wasted all your money racing to the top for nothing to be there. It's like racing to the top of a mountain just to be like " huh, now how do I get down? " beyond dragon runs & forgotten area you raced to 76 just to be level 76 lol.
    You run an area to

Senior Member synfullmagic_23110's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    285 Posts

what in tarnation
    hai doods