Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: i dont get this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default i dont get this?

Ok
    im not know for my friendly comments or post, i got a bit of a temper sorry.
    But i need to get something of my chest.

The nuri upgrade i didnt or do not like, why....?

1. elixers, mess up the fun of the game, any fool with plat can become 61 now and the runs are not fun because of the running!
    2. You can buy recipes for special gear. so again any fool with plat can get a nice gear?!

What fun is this, i got enough money to get all my chars to 61 and i could buy enough gold to buy the gear!
    all the 61 with gear are in my eyes nothing special, they all bought their way to 61 without the work.
    Really this game has become a childish disney kiddo game.
    im sorry but there is no fun in playing like this, im booting all elixer users, half of the time im booting them just to have a normal game.

I know i need to play with friends , and yeah they all like to play without elixers but in the daytime i just wanna do some runs.

STS im willing to pay a monthly fee to just play the game if u need money for the game but playing like this is just no fun.

For me there is no fun there is no goal to reach because everybody is 61 already and wearing their special gear.
    plz devs do something about this downfall that is hitting pl

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cynic For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Im sure they would lose players if they added a monthly fee and make less money.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

The fun is that I get to play how I want to play. If I spend money on an item, I don't expect it to be a crappy item. It should be a special, money-only item. Elixrs are there to use and enjoy. I never quite understood why people hate others who use elixrs. It's not like they're spending your money. If they like to run around like they're caffeine addicts and clear a dungeon on elixrs, let them be. And I have lots of platinum gear because it's special gear that only money can buy. Of course I spent the doe!

And no i'm not willing to pay a monthly fee. Not at all. My monthly fee is paying Comcast money to keep my internet on so I can log into PL and spend money on plat to fund the developers and keep this game free. I have enough bills. Now I have to pay to play a game, too? I did that when I bought my tablet for half a G. Absolutely not!

And for the record, i'm not upset. I love you all. I just have very strong opinions about things.
    PL - Navygreen
    AL - Viicks (me), Littlesis (my sis)

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Navygreen For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept ExperimentNebulaCore's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Default yes

Quote Originally Posted by Flickz:437138
    Im sure they would lose players if they added a monthly fee and make less money.
    They would loose more than half probably including me. LOTS of people in pl and sl are kids...
    Aznhmoobyang 66, endgame pvper Aznbboynebula 65, suicidal toon on leaderboard experimentkai 12 pvper and more toons not gonn list

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

STS makes TONS more money on elixirs than they ever would off monthly subscriptions. I once thought they should go to a monthly fee then I realized a 30 plat elixir is about $5. So someone is paying $5 an hour (the elixir time) to play this game. But you're right, it's no fun at all to run with a party that is "elixired up". I tried raising the same concerns but after I realized how much $$$ the elixirs bring in I decided it wouldn't do any good because elixirs are here to stay. You have the right idea though. Host your own elixir free games. You may even include the reason "no elixirs, sry".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Edit: We should all just try to coexist and be friendly. We're all still achieving our own goals playing the way we like to play. Like Robert said, elixrs are here to stay. I'm not sure what else we can really do about it.
    Last edited by Navygreen; 10-05-2011 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Wall of words.
    PL - Navygreen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

thnx guys for the comments, i thought all the forum ppl would kill me for this.
    Like i said i am making my own elixerfree runs, but in the day time not all my friends are online.
    Ive been booting my .ss off, so a lot of elixer users dont like me.

There was a point i dont even know how strong my own gear is because everyone is rushing thru the game!
    Really i wanna pay sts for a fun game, in wht way but not for elixers that spoil the game. and not for gear that u supposed to get when u did a lot of work.
    Like i said there is no 61 around that worked for his gear.
    so why would i now spend money on something that others payed for and there was no work done for it.
    61 with demonic gear just bought it!

sts and devs plz make this game fun and exiting again plz plz plz
    i buy for 100$ plat just to buy nice dungeons or the option to play low lv dungeons with the option to play say forest haven in elite mode.

when i wanted to play a disney game i would write to disney and ask them, the fun in this game was to find ways to kill mobs or to farm until i had a good gear.

@ navy i got enough money to buy me say 10.000 plat so thats not the problem! but what will i be , a bad player with money

actually im a good player with money but dont know where to spend it lol
    Last edited by cynic; 10-05-2011 at 10:01 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Navygreen View Post
    I can understand how people who have no plat or gold for elixrs may not like running with an entire group of elixr freaks. The potters (combo potters) are faster, stronger, have more armor and gain exp faster. Ok, fine. They have an unfair advantage. And technically, they're also helping you level up faster for running with you. In their eyes, they might want to boot you because you can't keep up fast enough.

The point i'm trying to make is that, this debate will probably never end. Like Robert said, elixrs are here to stay (most likely). There's two sides to this. There's the side that love to pot up and have their kind of fun, and there's others who don't do it and like to run at a normal pace and take longer to beat the game. Would I be wrong if I said to you that you're too slow, get out of my game? You're ruining my experience. I like to run. Would that be cool? Probably not. There's nothing either of us can do. We can just try to coexist and be friendly towards each other. People who use elixrs and who have platinum gear are no less of a player than someone who decides to grind their way to victory. Either way, we're still achieving our own goals and playing the way we like to play.

The only other thing I can think of is maybe STS includes an option to name your hosted games or even filter out games from the list that players are using pots in. That's all I can think of.
    I think there's a big difference in the two situations. As a non-elixir user I like to play in a way that requires team effort, a bear to group, birds for the bosses and some mob damage, and mages for healing/ressing and clearing mobs. All team play is taken out with a single elixir user. I know this because I can solo haunted symphony using the free 5 min elixir. So one elixir user can significantly swing the team out of balance.

On the other hand, since one elixir user can wipe all the mobs, having a non elixir user in a group doesn't slow the others down whatsoever. The non elixir user doesn't contribute anything but they don't need him anyway so nothing has changed. His focus is just trying to keep up to leech xp (if that's what he wants to do).

11. The Following User Says Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

@ cynic

I agree with you on elixirs really ruined much of the game and I think you have ever right to boot players in games you made. The thing that bugs me the most about some of these juiced up players is that they run through maps with no consideration for others. Why bother joining games at all? Why don't they just solo everything?

I disagree with you regarding everyone having bought their way to 61. That's not true.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    so why would i now spend money on something that others payed for and there was no work done for it.
    I simply disagree. I have three 61 toons. If you think it is simple to level a toon from 56 to 61 and requires "no work", I'm just not sure where that comes from. Did I use 3x elixers? Sure. Does that make me a bad player? Abosolutely not. I can play bird, bear, or mage with the best of them. Did it allow me to do it faster than non-elixer users. Absolutely. But does that mean it wasn't time, energy and work to get there? No.

During this leveling and the farming I do almost daily, I have gotten less than 10 glyph pinks. Glyph drops simply aren't common. Could I buy top of the line gear for all my toons with the gold I have been building up over the last year. Sure. I have bought several items to outfit my toons in Glyph gear. Of course, only my main bird has a full obedience set. Nuri and Big Top work just fine on my others. It requires work to get Glyph gear through farming or through the gold built up for farming. Last time I checked, it took around 700 plat for 250k in gold. Very very few people are going to spend hundreds of dollars to buy enough gold to buy glyphs. So they are using the gold they worked for or they are farming Nuri (which is work) or they are using non-sparkely gear. As for plat demonic recipes - well you still need the full sets to craft. And you need a whole lot of mats that aren't cheap to buy and take time to farm. And if you saw the prices of demonic recipes right after they were introduced and before people were aware of the plat option, you would realize it actually makes them more available to the casual player. The recipes are much cheaper now if you buy with gold, or you can use the plat option. This helps everyone in the game. It doesn't really reward or punish anyone.

What it really comes down to is it sounds like you miss the challenge, strategy, and team work required for teams prior to the current elixer craze that can make a party over-powered for a board. The solution is simple. You already are doing it. Host non-elixer runs. I think there are several threads already on here about how many other posters have similar feelings about missing the more challenging aspects of the game. I do as well. But I still buy 2x trash pots a lot, because it helps me farm and have fun when I play.

You are asking the devs to program the game to suit your preferences. Instead, the devs have programed the game in a way to make the most people happy. If you want a challenge, don't use elixers. If you want a boost and help leveling or speeding up farming, use an elixer. If you don't want elixers in your group, hosting and the boot button are your friend. If you just want to play, use the join game functions. Want to play with others that feel like you, develop a good friend list or join a guild of like-minded people. There are things that I am sure all of us would try and change about the game if we could. But the devs have to look at the big picture. Making a game that is playable and adaptable to lots of different stlyes and people. I think the current version offers that option.

Good luck in your games and remember -- it is about having fun. How you and someone else may do that are not neccesarily the same. But in the end PL offers a game where both sides have that option.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Doubletime For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Although your wording is a bit strong, I partly agree with what you said.

I think that elix users at least should have the decency to ask if it's alright to join or not. Personally, I have nothing against elix users. Heck, I'm on elix most of the time myself. But I think it's just common sense, when joining an open room, to ask whether or not the host minds you being on elix. It's the same as for non-elix users really, when they enter a room full of toons on steroids.

As for buying the gear with plat, I don't agree. Only the recipes can be bought with plat, the rest of the very extensive list of materials still need to be farmed or bought. So it's not like you can just buy the entire set with plat. Making recipes purchasable with plat isn't one of my most favorite ideas STS came up with, but you can't blame them for continuing to find ways of putting food on their tables IMO

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default !!

Yes, we can't blame STS for its business efforts to make profits because it's not non-for-profit organization. And it is also true that there are people who do not want to level fast and to farm fast and just wanna enjoy the game by killing mobs and bosses in a challenged setting regardless of time they spend. It's the matter of choice and can't blame anyone. Just boot people with elixirs if you don't wanna play with them.
    Greatjuice (61), Wonderjuice (60), MagicJuice (50), MagicJuiceII (53)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Well...

One, elixirs have been around for a while. Not just introduced during Nuri. So I don't think it changes anything.

As for the recipes... that's only a small part of what's required to craft the demonic gear. Some of the components are pretty rare and require several of them (glyphic blade steel for instance).

ATL

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cynic View Post
    Really i wanna pay sts for a fun game, in wht way but not for elixers that spoil the game. and not for gear that u supposed to get when u did a lot of work.
    Just out of curiosity, have you tried crafting any of the gear? If not, you should give it a shot, then come back and say with a straight face it didn't require any work to do.

I'm not sure if you are actually meaning what you say or if you are trying to get a rise out of folks. Because a lot of it simply isn't true.

ATL

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pastrychef View Post
    @ cynic

I agree with you on elixirs really ruined much of the game and I think you have ever right to boot players in games you made. The thing that bugs me the most about some of these juiced up players is that they run through maps with no consideration for others. Why bother joining games at all? Why don't they just solo everything?

I disagree with you regarding everyone having bought their way to 61. That's not true.
    I like this and I can understand. I guess there is a difference between a player who is potted and who runs through leaving everyone behind and the person who pots and still plays with the team. Definately.

Edit: I can still appreciate this debate though because you guys always force me to think outside of my box. I understand some people hate elixrs. There's a lot of ppl that love them. And even when we're potted up, it still takes time and effort to get the materials we need or to reach that lvl 61. It's not a snap of the fingers just because of the elixr.
    Last edited by Navygreen; 10-05-2011 at 12:56 PM.
    PL - Navygreen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,462 Posts

Devils advocate Mental judo mindflip,
    Thank you elixir junkies!
    You help the devs implement fixes and patches whenever needed by providing income to a free format.
    You have helped keep this a free game. Dig?
    I hear what your sayin but there are easy ways around most annoyances,
    Report jerks, ignore fools, host the perfect team ect.
    Be nice have fun.
    "There is no solution because there is no problem. "

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pastrychef View Post
    @ cynic

how is that no consideration of others it may be your opinion but for other poeple they want elixer ppl on there game no one goes by your opinion other poeple have different opnions too elixers are for the players that want to achieve something but they dont have enough time lets say a business men that has to work for some certain hours a day and have like two hours of game time, they cant achieve there goal of being level 60 in that lil time and thats how elixers where born i really dont mind if its ppl with elixer or not because i still play

@ cynic this game is not just about you more poeple play this game consider them too
    Last edited by Phoenixking; 10-05-2011 at 03:34 PM.
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    Devils advocate Mental judo mindflip,
    Thank you elixir junkies!
    You help the devs implement fixes and patches whenever needed by providing income to a free format.
    You have helped keep this a free game. Dig?
    I hear what your sayin but there are easy ways around most annoyances,
    Report jerks, ignore fools, host the perfect team ect.
    Be nice have fun.
    "There is no solution because there is no problem. "
    Ty!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I strongly disagree with cyn..

Like doubletime said, have you ever even crafted the gear? You think you can "just buy it" ? Non of the materials except for the receipe can be bought in platinum shop, and it only cost 50k/ the 3 mil that You need to craft one piece out if the whole set. Nowadays with the receipes prices so low, no one(except fir the players whi git demon druing the first 3 days of its release) Wanted to waste 20 plat on smething you get for 50k.People farmed really hard for their demon sets so you have no right to say they just bought it from platinum shop. If you had even one demon set piece, you would know how hard it is.

And as for the elixirs, i agree with you. It did stuff up the game a little(by ksing all the kills and re-rolling some glyphic items) But booting them is a bit extreme. They spent money into the ame and they deserved it. You can't expect them spending a couple of hundred and getting the same drop / exp as you did. As for buyong their way to 61 ,again, like i said, you think they bought their way to level 61 ? You aren't even 61 yourself .. Even if you go with the best parties with all 4x and buy plenty of platinum, you only get about 10k 15k per hour, and you will STILL need around 8-10 hrs of non-stop playing to reach it, not to mention the fact that they also spent money so they sould get an advantage. I do know that its 4x faster than us( the non elixir users) but they paod for it and they don't have time for doing as much runs as we did...

Its fair for both elixir and non-elixir players.. For an elixir player, yes, he lvls faster than the rest of us but they put in money .. We didn't.
    Last edited by LoveMadrid; 10-05-2011 at 07:13 PM.

Lv 61 Int-Chantress Silverkakari
    Lv 21 farming twink DairyFarmer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

@ love PPl farmed a lot? nuri is just out ! and yes i farmed my @ss off for the last year so i know what is like to get a fortified set or any other set.
    and no im lv 60 because im not using elixers and because i spend less time on pl due to the elixers, its spoiling gameplay so i think booting ppl isnt unfair, i can use elixers but i dont want to.
    What i try to explain is that anyone can become 61 in no time even when ur a bad player and everybody can wear a gear with little effort. what fun is that if you worked hard for it like yourself?

whats next ? option to become lv45 from the start?

The balance in this game is gone.
    im a hardcore rpg player and i dont get a good feeling bout myself if i can buy my way into a game and then be a fake star player with gear that was bought.
    Last edited by cynic; 10-06-2011 at 03:56 AM.